Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 T20 World Cup in Australia

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,499 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Steady since the wicket. 90/1 after 10 overs

Stirling 50

Tucker out 17

Edit front foot over, no ball!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

And Tucker back in. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭selwyn froggitt

Ireland cruising

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Surely even Ireland can’t f€&k this up from here… 32 off 42 needed with NINE wickets remaining…

The most polished Irish t20 performance against a top 10 side ever

This really is fantastic, absolutely battered the Windies

Fantastic stuff. Our strong record v west indies continues. Any chance of getting them for a test match?

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭wicorthered

Wow that was unexpected. Great all round performance, lots of contributions. The team just need to add some constituency now. A couple of more wins would be a bonus

• Advertisement

Ireland pretty much certain to be in group 1 with afghanistan, Australia, england and new zealand and Sri lanka Hard to pick the wins there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Forgot all about it, that's a nice surprise and must have played well? I see the Scots ain't going too hot.

If Scotland win. Then Scotland in group 2 and Ireland in group 1.

If Zim in under 19 overs then they are in group 2 and Ireland in group 1

If Zim win but takes more than 19 overs then Ireland in group 2 and Zim in group 2

Zim 55/3 at half way mark. All three scenarios above still v much in play

Raza and Ervine looking like they will get Zimbabwe there before the 19th

Edit. As I post Raza out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭VillaMad

Just an incredible performance from Ireland this morning. It was a real big boy performance at last which they have been threatening to do for years but never quite put it together. Wins were nervy and so many defeats where victory looked easier but this was probably Ireland's best performance on the world stage with it all put together. They didn't just win today, they absolutely hammered the West Indies.

Balbirnie missed a trick as well today by only bowling 6 overs of spin. The West Indies have been terrible against spin in the tournament as a whole and I think from those 6 overs, it was something like 4-27 so they really could have caused even more damage.

The first 6 overs with the bat were crucial for Ireland and once they got under a run a ball, it was simple from there. Great to see Stirling and Balbirnie hit form as they are vital if we want to get good scores. Incredible comeback from Ireland after been so poor last Monday and halfway through the Scotland innings where elimination was pending. Delighted for them.

Big for Cricket Ireland too in that they have banked a guaranteed $150,000 so far.

Ervine out now too. The three outcomes back on the table. Prob most likely a Zim win in the final over which I think leaves Ireland on top of the group

Zimbabwe lose another wicket and this now looks like going to the wire.

Group 1 is undoubtedly harder but that second game would be against England at the MCG which would be a once in a lifetime fixture and they would also be scheduled to face Australia at the Gabba, so although they likely wouldn't stand a chance it would be an incredible experience for these players.

Looking like Zim will win it in the 19th so second place for Ireland. Had we closed out the chase a wee bit quicker we would have made the 'easier' group. Albeit less glamour games

Ireland finish 2nd

• Advertisement

Scots gone! :)

So Group 1 it is.

Ireland's Group 1 fixtures (Irish time):

Sunday 23rd October - Ireland vs Sri Lanka - Hobart - 5am (3pm local time)

Wednesday 26th October - Ireland vs England - Melbourne - 5am (3pm local time)

Friday 28th October - Ireland vs Afghanistan - Melbourne - 5am (3pm local time)

Monday 31st October - Ireland vs Australia - Brisbane - 8am (7pm local time)

Friday 4th November - Ireland vs New Zealand - Adelaide - 4am (2:30pm local time)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Ireland v England at the MCG 😀

And anything can happen in the somewhat lottery of a T20 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Have I worked out NRR wrong? I had that as .098 gain for Zimbabwe who went into final match with 0. Ireland finished on 0.105 so slightly ahead, no?

EDIT: My mistake. Not sure what I was calculating there.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭triddles

Really pathetic from a few on here after the first match. There was always 3 match's to qualify. Get behind the team. I'm sure it'll be the same guys giving out if we lose our first super 12 game. Moaners. Go on the lads.

Post edited by triddles on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭wicorthered

I wouldn't get carried away either. Good and all as they were, they were just as lucky, especially against Scotland.

Advertisement