Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do men lose interest after sex (coming) ?

Options
  • 11-10-2022 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Over the years I often wondered about this. 2 minutes before you would be 100% interested in all things and horney as hell, But once you come...Go away ?

Appearently there is a chemical that the body releases after ejaculation that makes males want to roll over and go to sleep..Interesting Any.Thoughts ?

Link...https://www.quora.com/Why-do-most-men-lose-interest-after-sex-while-women-do-not

Post edited by Ish66 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Fascinating.

Learn something new every day

I guess if it wasn't for this guys would die from too much sex and not enough eating or sleeping.

And the economy would tank as everyone would be having sex all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

Just read it, doesn't say anything about men wanting to get their coats and go home

• Registered Users Posts: 8,306 ✭✭✭AllForIt

It's because the men do all the hard work as per usual. It's exhausting, which is why you have to keep them well fed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

I was being funny , Like a Coppers Encounter, Stop Nitpicking FFS ( Theres always one...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Pffffttttttt after i splatter Im only really getting into my groove so it doesnt stop me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,078 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Dara O'Briain offers a scientific analysis of this phenomenon (apologies for the format)

The male brain has a special state it goes into chemically, right?

After a particular event.

An event occurs and the chemistry of the male brain changes dramatically.

The previous balance of hormones shifts violently away.

What the male brain would be like before the event and the male brain

after the event are really, really different.

Most men probably can guess now what event I'm talking about at the moment.

There's an event. Let's call it "the event".

The happy event. It's a good event.

The medical term in Ireland is "getting the ride".

The male brain is awash with hormones constantly going,

Are you getting the ride, is there a ride here? Find the ride.

"There must be a ride somewhere. Is this going to lead to the ride?

"There's no ride here. Go over there, maybe there's a ride there."

Constantly find the ride, right. Until you get the ride

and then those hormones feck off somewhere.

And suddenly it's like being released from a hijack situation

and you're walking around going "What the hell?"

And you can see the universe as it truly is,

including the hideous choices that you've made in the build-up to the

ride you've just had.

"Who the hell are you? What are we doing in this skip?

"what's the feck was I thinking for the last...?"

It is like The Matrix being switched off.

You genuinely see the universe as it is.

I observed a couple of rams in a field, the sheep were all busy eating grass but rams had that “ I just came” and were panned out on the grass

anyway it’s a chemical thing and it’s real , we’re not bad people

• Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Because biology. We're not machines, we are bags of hormones, receptors and neurotransmitters it's not possible to be "on" all the time so there has to be a buildup/release "fill that which is empty and empty that which is full" sums up much of our lives.

Just like this lad doesn't want to cuddle after he has emptied himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,158 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Because there is still some beer in the fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,854 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Exactly, its biological. Arousal and orgasm is a physiological effort for the male body (yes, poor us), but that simple fact means there is a recovery period necessary to reset the body, return blood flow to normal, allow the urethra to take over again to pass waste products, all that. And that includes the passing of the dopamine and seratonin rush that contributes to all-over body orgasm, so naturally there will be small downer for a spell after sex.

The hormonal downer is also necessary to ensure the erection subsides, because thats necessary to protect blood vessels for the long term and it can be extremely sensitive and even painful if it persists.

So, next time your man rolls off and immediately falls asleep, don't bother him about it, just lie there and finish yourself off as you usually do, before mopping yourself out with the bath towel you put down and go stick the kettle on.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,078 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

And Jimmy Carr gives his more subjective take

Men over-promise in the bedroom. Not just me. I think all men are guilty. Men are full of the… “I’m going to make love to you all night long.” Are we though? Really? Like every man in this room, the only time I’ve ever wanted to have sex twice is before I’ve had sex once. “I’m going to make love to you all night long. Or, until I get sleepy.” “Let’s see which comes first.” “I came first.” “Night night.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭lucalux

It's a very real condition, PNCS (Post Nut Clarity Syndrome), or PNRS (Post Nut Regret Syndrome)

After all the chasing you realise the sex wasn't all that... or you sober up a bit, whatever..

This man knows his stuff:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I don't lose interest after sex. Its just my interest becomes more specific.

Interest in sleeping

• Registered Users Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

• Registered Users Posts: 23,854 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

He is yeah, but its probably not a phenomenon that bothers any man about himself, I'm addressing their female sex partners.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭cheese sandwich

To process the shame

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭beachhead

This is either a rise post or else some reading of medical articles is definitely required.Start with secondary school classes,though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

The French sum it up quite well, "La petite mort".

I’m a female and sometimes I want to go asleep after orgasm, but if I’m extra horny I want to repeat. Most of the time I love continued cuddling after coitus as I wind down gradually. Quite frankly most men either roll over to sleep or else jump up in triumph like a rooster crowing after the effect. A small number of men continue affectionate after action peak, and they are absolute treasures of the amorous world of the male. They are the stuff of a great relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Well it's like this; when you've just had your dinner you're not hungry any more.

Makes sense, yes?

And everyone goes to sleep after 0rgasm, its the best thing I know for getting to sleep. Either sex. Goodnight!

Yes indeed a prolonged erection is known as priapasm and can be a medical emergency, an excruciating condition which can cause gangrene of the penis, and retention of urine with kidney damage. After prostate surgery priapism can sometimes happen. Blood disorders, neurological conditions, side effects of medication & other medical conditions can cause it.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

The release of prolactin is apparently the culprit

It wouldn’t stop you complimenting the chef though you decline more sustenance 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Sorolla

I often find the moment of coming is often accompanies by catholic guilt and the first thought is - how do I purge this sin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭chrissb8

Because I've worked on ensuring the other part is leaving the deal happy and fulfilled. Meanwhile ensuring I am staying in my head enough to perform as well as reach the end of the transaction with satisfaction as well. Then the foreplay and the physical input I am looking for water and a lie down.

It's a busy 30 seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

Come again?

Advertisement