Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worried Shitless about this. What will happen when renters retire? Will we be back to workhouses

Options
  • 23-09-2022 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

My biggest fear in Ireland is that I will retire into homelessness and for that reason alone Im considering moving to Scotland where I would be able to buy an apartment in the suburbs of Edinburgh due to lower costs and higher loan to income lending

Please, as I have asked this so many times no no has answered, can someone tell me how people who dont own homes or have social housing will pay rents when they retire? A bedsit in Dublin is half my income as it stands so I just cant afford a pension. How will the state pension provide to cover these rents?

Post edited by Ten of Swords on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement