Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CX World Cup round for Dublin in December

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Free ticket here as well to the first who PMs me their email. Weekends like this are the rare times I regret marriage and children. This was confounded when I went out to the garage this morning to find my partner had spray painted my brand new wheelset "by accident". If this was a movie I'd swear it was intentional to push me over the edge.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

The lad following her around might want to stay behind with some of the braking he's doing

I'm taking my eldest with me, though she has no idea cross is even coming let along she's going to it. So she'll be losing her **** in the morning!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Jimbo789

Is there going to be a big screen on the path around the football pitch roughly in in the area the riders will be facing as they go over the bridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,090 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

So unfair to have ads for Kwaremont and not let me buy one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

The Map doesnt specifically show any large screens. Are there any ? Perhaps they the two things marked LED?

I would think so. Big screen by the pitlane would make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Jimbo789

There’s still a good few spaces left in the carpark outside the swimming pool. Just had to tell the security guy I was going to the gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭thebourke

where is the nearest place to park cars near this?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 14,125 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Didnt make it out in the end, watched the womens race online in the background here, good race!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Ahhh this is great... Pass the Chimay

It's more entertaining than expected and great to see the crowds in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭neris

Persil & aerial are missing a sponsorship opportunity here

Great event and great ride from WvA

• Registered Users Posts: 14,333 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Great racing, great event, shuttle buses pretty good for me. only thing g lacking was enough food stalls which is fine. didn't get my money. 3 hour drive home now !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

It looked good on TV. Two very exciting races involving the top competitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭neris

Sounded like the commentators on eurosport didn't seem to be impressed by the course when they saw it first but did a 180 with their opinion and were full of praise for it and the race

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Morris Garren

Heading home after a long but very satisfying day; the course might have been a bit 'meh' in previews but it turned out to be brilliant, producing a great racing spectacle. The heavy old sod sprinkled with snow and ice plus the sand pit turned it into a very attritional race. The absolutely savage power of WVA has to be seen-- blasting across the sand and then mashing up a muddy 20% slope.... lots of good moments in the Womens and junior races too. Hopefully an annual affair now

• Advertisement

Great day out. My daughter is horse from all the shouting. So cool watching this in person as you never get the true impression of the speeds and effort on the telly. Can't wait to watch it back later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

That was great craic, my cowbell got a good outing. There was a great friendly atmosphere. Loads of excited kids. Pidcock is tiny when you see him in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭JMcL

Well, that was brilliant. Two cracking races, and we got a brilliant spot at the back end closest to the aquatic center on a really technical bit so for really up close and personal. Have a heap of photos, but they're on an actual camera, so need to plug it into something first.

Wout is an absolute animal!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

An excellent day out. 2 great races. Excellent crowd. Toes frozen.

I wouldn't have been able to have a beer in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr. Cats

Really fantastic day out! Fair play to Cycling Ireland for bringing it and organising so well. Small gripe on queues for food & hot drinks but that’s par for course with these things oftentimes.

We were at the sandpit for bits of men’s and women’s and was amazing to see the speed they went though at. Atmosphere was class with signing on the hill at corner at highest point of course. My son is hooked which is great to see.

I got a chuckle when I saw the 'Careful now' and 'down with this sort of thing' signs. I'm sure those will cause a bit of head scratching among those not familiar with Fr. Ted.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Great racing. Seeing Pauline Ferrand Perrot was a highlight, and Puck Pieterse fight back from the first lap crash to second. And her jumping the barriers!

Tom Pidcock is so small.

Savage from WvA, to have to ride back after 3 big issues and still win, savage.

Decent bit of coverage on the evening news there, RTE said 8000 in attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,125 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Were you with the crowd that had the donegal flag and the father ted signs?? They got a fair amount of coverage on TV!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭EAD

Fabulous day out with really exciting racing. Course allowed for some unpredictable moments. Steep hill was great craic.

If anyone finds a pair of prescription ray bands, they're mine 🥴

Advertisement