Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA 6 leaked footage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Nothing taken down yet, so either fake or R* taking opportunity and press to release some official news soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

I had hoped they'd set the game or at least part of it in a historic time period, looks like it could be very similar to GTAV in a different location with new characters.

Looks like legit footage all the same although from what is on display there's not a whole lot of anything original going on. I've long since uninstalled GTAV and would be hard pressed to get to hyped for more of the same in a new map.

Hope I'm proved wrong and they go on to make a sensational game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,113 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It certainly looks legit at least, but I suspect it's fairly old. You can see the nvidia driver versions are nearly 18 months old, dating back to June 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Looks like more of the same alright. We'll all buy it but I suspect that if it's just largely a reskinned GTA 5 after 10 years then it will be the start of Rockstar's decline.

In all honesty, I think Rdr2 will probably be seen as the last great game Rockstar made.

Too many important people have left the company and they seem to be content to let GTA Online earn their money.

It's sad as Rockstar were so good for so long but nothing last forever.

I've bought every GTA on release since GTA2, I might wait a while after release for GTA6 if it's just more of the same.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

On one hand, I don’t think anyone should take what’s leaked here as representative of the final game. It’s so rough, pre-alpha and potentially outdated that you can’t really tell anything meaningful from it. The leak is most newsworthy on the basis that a leak of this magnitude actually happened to such a large company.

On the other, given the route Rockstar has taken over the last decade it’d be no surprise if they just doubled down on a lot of their design choices once again in GTA6.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Am surprised and not surprised about a leak. Big AAA games can have thousands of people looking at it. All it takes is just one person to leak something. Hey, someone could have gotten hacked for all we know at this point.

Doesn't look great tho does it. Then again, we weren't meant to see this footage.

If it's legit it looks like we're heading back to Vice City. Spotted VCPD on the cop car and Vice City on the metro...

It was meant to be from gotten through employee slack account being used to share material while working from home.

Apparently same guy who got the Uber Slack.

I don't think anyone would begrudge a game still in development its lack of polish.

It's more the gameplay itself looking like more of the same.

After so many important people leaving that company and after the dogs dinner they made of the GTA definitive edition as well as abandoning RD online in favor of milking the GTA Online cash cow to death its hard to see something epoch defining like we've grown to expect from Rockstar.

They seem like a company that was once a creative force that now has the accountants in full control.

• Advertisement

Tis real..

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1571489679534608384?s=20&t=Cckx3jiNwRPUbeivfewP0Q

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I’m very pro developers being more open about their work, as I think the ultra-secrecy for years on end is exactly what fuels the absurd hype cycle and motivates leaks like this. But that doesn’t necessarily mean the open sharing of rough pre-alpha and test footage - just more transparency and communication until the point they’re happy to show game footage publicly.

That said, making selections from this kind of test footage available after the fact for documentation purposes - to help audiences understand how games go from crude beginnings to finished game - would be a very valuable and worthwhile exercise.

Few videos now getting taken down and with claimed listed as Take 2 Interactive

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

So can someone clarify this…is this leaked footage from within rockstar or someone who has stolen code and is running the build themselves?

If it’s the latter then it’s nothing short of disastrous for rockstar.

edit

• Registered Users Posts: 33,330 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'd much rather a re-skinned and updated version of GTAV than the forced realism and 'immersion' of RDR2 where things like having to sit through realistic character animations for everything over and over again actually broke immersion and became tedious.

Hopefully they take the right lessons from RDR2 with story, open-world events and secrets, but with the fun, variety and fast-paced gameplay of GTAV.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,897 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I want GTA breath of the wild where it's worthwhile exploring the city and your Glock breaks after firing off 2 clips.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Both videos in OP gone now.

"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Take 2 Interactive"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

4 and 5 didn't hold up on second playtroughs. The series has peaked storymode wise. Id only be excited now if they remade VC and SA

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I missed the leaked videos but if it's more of GTA V I'm all in. I have played and owned GTA V four times. Once on Xbox 360 and then PC both at release then I got the Xbox One version and I have since on release got the Xbox Series X version.

And side note I have played the whole game start to finish a lot more than four times.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yeah pretty sure you could rob the small stores by just going in and aiming gun at the cashier. RDR2 definitely took that and expanded on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Early days but looks like it'll be a reskin of GTA5, why change it too much when it made so much money across 3 console generations?

The leak has at least confirmed the female protagonist (seems to be a male playable character as well) and that it's set in less colourful Vice City.

GTA games have always (since 3 at least) typically had big jumps of one description or another (be it in scale, fidelity or attention to detail/sense of place) over their predecessors.

From what we've seen of GTA6 in the leaks it's probably the most underwhelming step up since GTA2.

I hated the direction Rockstar took with RDR2, but even as someone approaching this game with significant skepticism I don't think it's fair to make any judgments of quality at all from the leaked footage here. It's just too early. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they copied in some of the mechanics, assets and code from GTAV or RDR2 simply as a placeholder to test other features they were working on.

There are always diminishing returns in terms of graphics/scale. Even in the GTA3 era, the maps got bigger, but always had more empty areas with just grass, trees, desert etc.

GTAV looked great, and only got better and better with the PS4/XB1 and PS5/XSX releases. I've no doubt GTA6 will look amazing and have a map at least comparable in size to GTAV, but the graphics in particular simply can't be evaluated from these leaks. We don't know the age or stage of development they're from, if all graphic settings are at the correct level (as the gameplay is mostly just from testing) etc. But is it going to be a huge leap from GTAV, equivalent to the leaps from GTA:SA to GTA4, or GTA4 to GTAV? Probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I say there probably will be PS5 bundles with the game included as Sony and Rockstar have a close relationship when it comes to GTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement

Graphics shouldn't be judged from the leaked footage and are probably the least important element for me anyway.

There were definitely diminishing returns in terms of visual fidelity in San Andreas but that was the trade off for all the expanded gameplay elements we got. That plus the nailed the setting most notably the era.

I think that's the most disappointing thing for me, another game set in the modern era seems a bit dull after so much of the possibilities of the modern era were addressed in V.

With the length of the development of 6 I was kind of hoping for something amazing, possibly a huge narrative potentially set across different time periods but it looks like GTAV in modern Florida.

Some rumors online pointed towards internal problems leading to the project being scrapped and started again from scratch post the release of RDR2 which is worrying as well.

I love Gta so I'm hoping I'm wrong but I'm not hugely optimistic about this game right now.

Advertisement