Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Views on extraordinary scores in a Limerick Golf club

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Motivator

He wasn’t in a GAA club either, he was a high ranking official in the Waterford Co Board. He was given plenty opportunity to pay the money back and nothing would be said. Gave the Co Board a bogus cheque and then went hiding. Sad and all that he died but come on, a cheat and a thief deserve to be called out for what they are regardless of the circumstances.

I remember a fella caught cheating and called out by members of his club ended up taking the club to court for slander/defamation. I think he could have won as well despite it being fairly well known what he was at. He said, she said and no concrete evidence is a very slippery slope especially in cases where name calling etc. ensues.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,061 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

A big one doing rounds is a scramble team in States shooting a 46, including a Hole in one on par 4, a Alabatross and 12 Birdies.

All over social media

https://twitter.com/BreezyGlf/status/1599825429006716928?t=fZjIVIZT3KwdeNy-toJFxQ&s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Was reading about it yesterday. Seemingly at the start of the round the team could buy two mulligans, a throw and a string.

I guess we all know what a mulligan is.

A throw is a continuation of a shot, so if let’s say they drove to 30 yards of the green on the par 4, they get one chance to throw the ball at the hole, if it goes in, it’s an ace !!!

A string is bought in different lengths, I think these guys had a 8 foot one. So let’s say you have a 180 yard approach on a par 5 for your second. If you hit it near the flag you take out your string and if it’s inside the length it’s considered holed out for an albatross. (Some rules just mean it’s an 8 foot gimmie for an eagle)

Mad Americans. “It’s golf but not as we know it”

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Bet they left shots out there

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,816 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

American golf culture is **** stupid....now Irish golf culture is also too daft ...both daft ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭big_drive

Those rules are mad to be fair. I've also noticed on YouTube golf videos American players are always taking gimmes that are very generous, even in stroke play

Advertisement