Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 8 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

Can field eleven without transfers/Free-hit.

Thinking of going Trent ---> Trippier which would leave me 8.1 in the bank to sort out my Jacob Murphy problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

Salah goal, lovely finish. May shift him out on a FT and get him back then on my WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Right so I'm gonna bring Pope in tonight for Sanchez seeing as he's going up.

Who I get in for Salah and Grob I'll have to figure out yet. I'm thinking KDB cause no one else Is jumping out at me.

Ive no idea who to bring in for Grob even starting to consider Bailey ffs. Like who the hell do you get for 7.5 this week!?

Gonna have to keep eye on Maddison going forward as well as he will have great fixtures after the weekend.

Then Mitro in for either Toney or Jesus.

Stress! Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,203 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Really hope Trent doesn't drop tonight. Want to have a good look tomorrow at replacements.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,559 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Have 9 and it's not a great gameweek for me. I've three City and I'm tempted to dump Salah but nobody to bring in this week to take his place so I'm going to look at moving out somebody else, a non-playing defender and bring in a second Newcastle defender. City are 19/20 to keep a clean sheet and Newcastle are very close to them at evens. That's like 5% less likely that City to keep a clean sheet.

Then I won't do any transfers next week and have two the following week. I'm giving Salah one more week just because despite him not being at his usual superstar level he is still fifth in points for midfielders and three points ahead of KDB. I've got Gross and Rashford, I don't want Mac Allister and Rodrigo is out. That makes him my third best midfield option right now. He's also started slow before, two years ago he had five blanks in his first eight gameweeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭macraignil

With the current game postponements I still have 11playing with just Sterling, Alexander-Arnold and Aaronson with no game. Still think I'll use the free transfer to be able to have a sub available. Have 2.6 mill in the bank since downgrading Salah to Sterling a couple of weeks back so might be best to swap out Sterling to KDB but also thinking maybe just go Aaronson out for Bailey as I'm afraid KDB may get rested in some games with their busy schedule. Other Man City midfielders might also be options so going to try watch their game tomorrow night before deciding.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,687 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Imagine if Haaland went off injured tomorrow night we be all down another player hah

Would shake the game up a bit, completely break up the permacap template.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,059 ✭✭✭COH

-4 taken

Salah > KDB

TAA > Trippier

4.5 Fodder > Mitrovic

Might turn into a -8 yet

-4 taken also as future plans / WC need the extra 0.2/0.3 that the transfers now tonight are saving, pending a few rises / drops over next 24/48 hours. Archer looks set to drop again and is a big issue now.

I can always hit WC if any issues arise this week with injuries in CL games.

Salah -> KDB

Archer -> Isack

• Advertisement

City v Arsenal in GW 12 is a off. So a blank for both teams. Keep in mind when playing your WC / FT's this week etc.

Jesus will we ever have a normal settled season of fantasy football again! Yeah it adds to the planning and strategy side of things but sometimes its just so frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Why has that game been postponed

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭nice bit of green

To accommodate the postponed PSV game.

Is there any point in bringing in KDB now ffs. Seeing as I already have two city and Arsenal players that would leave me with five players id need to replace that week.

I was planning on maybe moving Jesus out anyway but I don't wanna touch Cancelo or Haaland so hopefully my bench plays!

This is now where your bench players are key for GW12 or who you can get to on FTs for GW12. West Ham are away to Liverpool and Spurs away to United in GW12.

I've Andreas and Neco who ill be using this week I'm sure they be fine for GW12 as well hopefully ha!

I've Lavia as well but haven't had the chance to get rid of him yet. I dunno I'm gonna have to really look into it in detail later when I get home hopefully there's no more **** to change around anytime soon.

I can't see anyone around the 6.5 mark that's actually playing this weekend that's worth getting rid of Grob for and taking a minus four. Think I'll just swap Salah to Kdb with my last free transfer as Son has absolutely no form going into the weekend Richarlson or kulu or both could even come in there and take minutes from him.

It will leave me with only ten players but there's no one worth taking a hit for to play 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,687 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Gordon is a decent shout at 5.5m, two goals in last three games, home against west ham

Post edited by Ace2007 on

I taught about him but number one he would have to score enough to make up for my minus four and two after this week with full fixtures the options become a lot better. Long term I'm thinking either Rashford Maddison or Zaha as I plan on bringing in Mitro for Toney or Jesus more then likely Jesus.

• Advertisement

Pope is close to rising in price tonight, so people must be confident in Newcastle CS.

I already own Trippier, so looking at maybe going double Newc defence. Maybe Targett? Botman is 0.5 cheaper though.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Med101007

Anyone have any ideas on what I should do with this team, with 2 FT's and 0.4m ITB.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

I would start with TAA down to trippier and archer up to mitrovic (or isaak or toney if you fancy them)

you could leave it there but I would personally take a minus 4 to do Salah to Kdb or son. Or maybe dias to Browen/Madison. Just remember Kdb doesn’t play in gw 12 if you want to plan that far ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Have 10 and 2FT but Walker looking doubtful. Getting rid of him allows me to get KDB in for Salah as have 3 city.

Anyone any idea on Spurs lineup? Thinking -4 of Walker/Gross to Perisic/Kulu as seems to be calls for Son to be dropped. Could just do Walker to Schar and have 11 either

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Med101007

Thanks a lot for the advice.

Yeah I think I'll go with TAA/Archer for Trippier/Mitrovic. Think its also worth taking the -4 for Dias to Bowen. Think with West Hams upcoming fixtures this could be Bowen's chance to shine, especially with the World Cup on the horizon he will be pushing for a place in the England squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

I think the perisic and kulu move is a risk as it’s possible neither start but then if they do it could pay off as I could see them putting a few pst Spurs! It just depends on your appetite for risk.

It’s a shame the game is on late Saturday as there is a guy called James who does the fpl planet podcast and is a Spurs fan and he follows some in the know Spurs guys on Twitter who usually give some good predictions.

I'm 0.1 away from a very aggressive -4. I can change Schar to Botman to make this work, but this also brings an increased chance of a benching.

This would get me to 12 players and benching one of Andreas / Neco. I'm trying to weigh up if it's worth it or not, or just use FTs to get to 11.

TAA / Salah / Greenwood -> Schar / Son / Kane

Of course, there is the risk of Son being benched and he is also out of form. Son could actually be any midfielder I want bar KDB as I'm maxed out on City.

So is the -4 actually worth it? does Kane cover the hit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭LostArt

Salah out and Kulu in

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Kane covers you for Spurs IMO.

Reading there is a chance Son could be benched this weekend. Kulusevski/Richi might be a nice differential to have instead but not sure it's worth the risk.

Andreas and Neco are decent options this week and I'd say a few who are wildcarding will be starting one, if not both of them.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately Kane is the -4, but it's who I'd prefer to have.

Son could easily be Zaha or Rashford but they don't have games, and then it's the likes of Madisson / Kulu / Saka but I'm not overly gone on them either.

-4 is a big ask in a skinny gameweek that might end up being low scoring anyways. Especially when I'll probably WC next GW.

Advertisement