Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 8 Transfer Thread

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Pope is close to rising in price tonight, so people must be confident in Newcastle CS.

I already own Trippier, so looking at maybe going double Newc defence. Maybe Targett? Botman is 0.5 cheaper though.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Med101007

Anyone have any ideas on what I should do with this team, with 2 FT's and 0.4m ITB.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

I would start with TAA down to trippier and archer up to mitrovic (or isaak or toney if you fancy them)

you could leave it there but I would personally take a minus 4 to do Salah to Kdb or son. Or maybe dias to Browen/Madison. Just remember Kdb doesn’t play in gw 12 if you want to plan that far ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Have 10 and 2FT but Walker looking doubtful. Getting rid of him allows me to get KDB in for Salah as have 3 city.

Anyone any idea on Spurs lineup? Thinking -4 of Walker/Gross to Perisic/Kulu as seems to be calls for Son to be dropped. Could just do Walker to Schar and have 11 either

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Med101007

Thanks a lot for the advice.

Yeah I think I'll go with TAA/Archer for Trippier/Mitrovic. Think its also worth taking the -4 for Dias to Bowen. Think with West Hams upcoming fixtures this could be Bowen's chance to shine, especially with the World Cup on the horizon he will be pushing for a place in the England squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

I think the perisic and kulu move is a risk as it’s possible neither start but then if they do it could pay off as I could see them putting a few pst Spurs! It just depends on your appetite for risk.

It’s a shame the game is on late Saturday as there is a guy called James who does the fpl planet podcast and is a Spurs fan and he follows some in the know Spurs guys on Twitter who usually give some good predictions.

I'm 0.1 away from a very aggressive -4. I can change Schar to Botman to make this work, but this also brings an increased chance of a benching.

This would get me to 12 players and benching one of Andreas / Neco. I'm trying to weigh up if it's worth it or not, or just use FTs to get to 11.

TAA / Salah / Greenwood -> Schar / Son / Kane

Of course, there is the risk of Son being benched and he is also out of form. Son could actually be any midfielder I want bar KDB as I'm maxed out on City.

So is the -4 actually worth it? does Kane cover the hit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Salah out and Kulu in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,302 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Kane covers you for Spurs IMO.

Reading there is a chance Son could be benched this weekend. Kulusevski/Richi might be a nice differential to have instead but not sure it's worth the risk.

Andreas and Neco are decent options this week and I'd say a few who are wildcarding will be starting one, if not both of them.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately Kane is the -4, but it's who I'd prefer to have.

Son could easily be Zaha or Rashford but they don't have games, and then it's the likes of Madisson / Kulu / Saka but I'm not overly gone on them either.

-4 is a big ask in a skinny gameweek that might end up being low scoring anyways. Especially when I'll probably WC next GW.

Ah yes I get you now. What's the rest of your team?

FWIW, I wouldn't take a -4 for exactly the reasons you've outlined. Could well be low scoring unless City go on a rout which a lot of people will be well stocked up on.

If removing TAA & Salah, could you go Tripper (Schar if you already have Trip) and take a punt on someone like Bowen or Gordon, even Morgan Gibbs White? Not exactly shiny new toys but take it as a 1 week punt?

Already have Trippier alright, and have brought in Schar using 1 FT. Have another FT still. The team is currently this;

Neco | Trippier | Schar | Dias

Andreas | Gundogan | Martinelli | x

Haaland | Jesus

Now that we talk about, the -4 does not sound less appealing and I'm better off taking a one week punt on someone pre-WC. It could end up being Son, but actually, it could also be any striker bar Kane. Ironically the one I want! Mitrovic or Toney perhaps. Richarlison if we know he is starting. Or even a 'try before you buy' of Isak. Might have talked myself into that one.

I also like the Gordon shout. West Ham played away in Norway Thursday, a fairly strong team too, and iirc it was on a plastic pitch which will have taken a bit more energy out of the players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,009 ✭✭✭shmeee

Bailey set to start. This lad is mostly spot on so I'd believe him. Bailey seems to be in a good few WC drafts.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭The Guru 123

Do people reckon Schar is more nailed for Newcastle than Botman? Wouldn’t have thought that myself…

The reason I'm going Schar over Botman is apparently Howe prefers to have one left footed CB and one right footed CB. Lascelles & Schar are right footers and then Botman & Burn are left footed. Lascelles isn't really going to start instead of Schar unless there is a decent bit of rotation but Botman & Burn is a bit closer and riskier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Went Walker & Salah to Perisic & KDB for a -4. Will field 11 if Ward plays in goal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Would you start Andreas or Neco Williams this GW?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I'm at the 'JWP is in my team' stage of my WC team.

I think I'll punt him as well..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭dazzday

Paniced and played my FH - looking back i could have got away with 11 on a -4!

Pope (Ward)

Cancelo Trippier Dier (Emerson) (3.9)

Bowen KDB Gordon Martinelli (Colback)

Kane Haaland Isak

Some options i am tinkering with:

(1) Bowen -> Kulu

(2) Gordon & Dier -> Bailey & Perisic

(3) Ward & Dier -> Iverson & Emerson Royal

• Advertisement

Again with a pinch of salt but he went 5 from 5 I'm sure correct in a row. *It's a prediction, not a leak..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

FWIW, Paul O'Keefe thinks Kulu and Perisic both start this week (Son rested, but he predicted that for midweek too).

That was a weird few minutes (he'll score tonight now...)

WC settled on (0.4 ITB)

Pope (Iversen)

Cancelo, Tripper, Perisic (Emerson, Neco Williams)

Andreas, Bailey, KDB, Martinelli (Zaha)

Kane (VC), Haaland (C), Mitro

GL all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Bailey in for Gro8.

Chickened out on Sanchez, Walker to Iversen, Cancelo for a hit.

Will probably have to rely on Jonny!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭The Guru 123

Ok fair enough, I think they’re both pretty nailed and went Botman as couldn’t justify the extra 0.3 on what’ll be a bench spot most weeks most likely.

Yeah tbh I would have preferred to have Botman too, but didn't want to risk it this week when getting to 11 was important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I know you mean well but I don't know should this be allowed; some lad two weeks ago had a Liverpool team that his "mate" gave him which wasn't the same line up - think Robbo was benched. A few seasons ago some lad was banned because he came in and said Salah was benched when he wasn't. Do we want this to be a regular thing on the forum, sure he might be 5 from 5, but he could be 5 from 6 after this GW. There are hundreds of "ITK" twitter accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

So 9 out of 11 players right, guess that's 5 from 6 right now?

As I said, it was a prediction of a team, not a "ITK" or leak. And that twitter user is one who is well respected and most of the FPL community refer to when wondering about a Spurs team. Many FPL accounts during their deadline streams yesterday were waiting for the prediction to be announced and Son was the main concern for many.

I won't post a link again to any sources if that's the issue! And again, I don't exactly spam with it, the odd one from reliable and respectable accounts that may be beneficial to someone.

@Fitz* had me on a few weeks ago that Robertson would start so I didn't sell him. (he didn't start!)

So I told him not to transfer in Son cause he wouldn't start this week as revenge 😅

Apologies! 😀

• Advertisement

We're even! 😂

Anyways as you said at the time, at the end of the day it's our own decisions, after we listen to opinions or predictions etc. No need to apologise

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Oh course I chickened out at the last minute and got KDB instead. I know KDB did well but still tough to take.

Post edited by Newbie20 on

Advertisement