Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 8 Transfer Thread

Options
  • 12-09-2022 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭

7 games confirmed for GW8.

Friday 16 September

20:00 Aston Villa v Southampton (Sky Sports)

20:00 Nott'ham Forest v Fulham

Saturday 17 September

12:30 Wolves v Man City (BT Sport)

15:00 Newcastle v AFC Bournemouth

17:30 Spurs v Leicester City (Sky Sports)

Postponed Brighton v Crystal Palace

Sunday 18 September

12:00 Brentford v Arsenal (Sky Sports)

14:15 Everton v West Ham (Sky Sports)

Postponed Chelsea v Liverpool 

Postponed Man Utd v Leeds 

I think many will get away without a WC, at present I'll have 9 players and 1 FT to make it 10.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

hmm, going to be a lot of weakened team you'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Missing Links

2FT....one for GW7 and the other for GW8😉

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭shmeee

Used 2 FT's before GW7 deadline, Tripper / Mitro in for Robbo / Jesus.

I've actually only 8 players, and messing about here now, WC could be hit. Ward in goals gives 1 point sure....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭thefallingman

I’ve 8 playing and three of them are my bench players, I wonder will more be called off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Thats the thing, almost afraid to make transfers in case more fall during the week, but can see Liverpool players dropping value very quickly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭munster87

We should be safe enough from any other postponements hopefully?

I can field 11 with a -4 but one of those is Ward. I think I’ll wildcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,249 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I can get to 11 with FT's. Wouldn't exactly be delighted with the team but hey it's 1 players.

I was fearful of having to rely on the likes of Sam Greenwood if all London games were called off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

I wouldn’t totally rule it out. I’d imagine the police have estimated the expected crowds, but could be caught out if a lot more people than expected show up to Westminster over the weekend.

Yeah I think the same, especially the London games.

They might underestimate crowd numbers and have to redeploy policing. With the Friday deadline, it makes things harder with games on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Was going to get rid of Salah anyway but will strike now as Liverpool have no game. I’m having a mad thought to get Son in. He has done nothing yet but surely he has to hit form soon? I’ll have to make a couple of transfers and take a hit to get KDB as I’ve 3 City already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Going to wildcard I think. Question is how big to go on Spurs, if at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I can get to 10 players with free transfers, but it's not a team I'd expect to score big! If I decide that's not enough, I'd rather use my free hit than the wild card though. Much happier using the WC after an international break rather than before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Used two free transfers for GW7 - TAA and Greenwood out for Dalot and Toney.

10 "starters" this week with 1 FT (if Da Silva starts/plays)

Was gonna keep Toney for GW7 and switch to either Mitro or Isak after that. Will keep him this week and switch Salah to either Son or De Bruyne. Not sure which yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

I took a minus 4 to swap TAA and archer to Emerson and mitro to get to 11 playing bit that does include Sean longstaff!

Not sure if it’s worth another hit to do Salah to Kdb or son…

• Registered Users Posts: 17,243 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Have 10 and 1 FT but that includes all my fodder Ward, Patterson, Neto

Might just roll with it rather than waste a chip

Salah out for KDB

Have done TAA to Trip tonight, and have another FT for this week too. Really want to avoid using a chip, but I think not doing so could easily mean going out of a last man standing league or two this week (assuming most other players will be using one of their chips).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,090 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Have two free transfers looking at maybe three changes.

Sanchez to Pope get off Brighton with mixed fixtures and new manager hop on Newcastle better fixtures good form. Only issue there is a have Trippier is Newcastle double defence crazy?

Salah to KDB he seems the best option for now.

Grob is a problem because I have absolutely no idea who to bring in for him with the fixtures being cancelled. Rashford could have been an option but they have no game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Did Reece James to Trippier before Trippier's price rise last night

Have the bare 11 for this week but will have 2 free transfers for next week

• Registered Users Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Currently have a very shaky 8 that includes Ward and Walker.

Have 2 FTs so likely to do Salah to Son and James to somebody, and maybe a hit for somebody else to somebody else

• Advertisement

Seems to be a large percentage of players mentioning a FH, I don't get it. If you have a WC to use, then it's not a time to FH. A FH is worth more on paper later in the year. We are going to have a massive DGW where BB looks to be the option and then there will be the usually BGW with the cup games. Even the FH teams I see for GW8 might have 1/2 players more than most who are using FT's / WC's.

Anyone on FH here?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,090 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Yeah I don't see the point using the free hit so early in the season save it for a double week or a week where most the fixtures are cancelled due to the cup. Id say most peoples problems could be fixed with a -4 or even the wildcard if u wanted to plan ahead.

A good few have already got off of Liverpool and Chelsea assets and may only have 2/3 of them left compared to 5/6 over the last few GWs. That has helped with teams maybe only taking a -4 or just using 2 FT's to field 10/11. I'm gonna field 10 and just go with it.

I think WC after the international break will be of benefit to my team as can move Salah / TAA on this week and WC them back in. Hard to get them high value players back in with FTs I feel.

Upfront, I'm not sure to go with Kane or Isack along with Mitro and Haaland this GW. It's basically Kane v Son v KDB as the big "hitter" to come in this GW.

Anyone any feedback if Ward will keep his place and at least get us his standard 1 points?

Still haven't decided on what to do. Would need to take a -4 to have a team of 11, which would still include Ward in goal at Spurs. So may just take a chance with the WC and hope nobody gets injured on international duty.

How viable is Emerson as a starter this GW?

He's cheap so very benchable in other weeks, but West Ham are not keeping many CS's.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Seems to be some noise on twitter from Leicester fans looking for Iversen to start over Ward. Ward definitely at fault for at least 2 goals last time out so he is def on a sticky wicket at the mo but i think Rogers will still give him the nod again at the w/e.......but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he is dropped 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭Xander10

I think if Cresswell is fit, he would be a rotation risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I have him in for now on WC. Decent chance he'll start but not confident and one of those weeks where I want to make sure my starting XI are all starting given I'll most likely KDB and Haaland.

Will keep an eye this week and have a back up plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Have 2FT so can field 11 by using them but would have to play Ward & Patterson. Reckon I'll just do that but not yet sure of transfers. Will watch the Liverpool match v Ajax tonight and see what kind of a reaction the team gives. I hold Salah, TAA and Diaz and at least one has to go. Right now the most obvious moves are either Salah to KdB or Diaz to Maddison whose fixtures get decent from GW9 on so would only be getting him a week early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I've activated the wildcard. Spurs were awful this evening so will be avoiding. Sure they may do well against Leicester but don't want them long term. Salah watch now.

Advertisement