Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Softner for my home?

Options
  • 08-09-2022 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good comapny who install water softners in homes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 thugtomas

water softener is a whole-house filtration system that removes hardness-causing calcium and magnesium minerals from your water through a process called water softener

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭marathon2022

Hi, we used https://www.natureswater.ie/ for softening system and reverse osmosis tap supply about 5 years ago, been good since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭gipi

I used https://www.crystalclearwater.ie/ earlier this year. Installed a water softener and a filter system for drinking water in the kitchen.

The water softener was installed outside, in a protective box, which was useful for me as I've a small kitchen.

No connection to the company other than as a customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭OO7FITZY

looking for help to diagnose this problem I have been having for a while with our water softner

the brine tank containing the salt seems to accumulate a brown film or some kind of sludge on the wall of the tank

I have hit the regen button and emptied the tank and washed it down

a few times but the issue reappears a few weeks later

see attached pics

any idea what the cause is and potential fix?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,113 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Got same issue with mine, hoping someone can come up with an answer.

Doesn't seem to be affecting the ability of it though, still working fine.

Edit: for reference, I bought mine from CWS Water Solutions, think they are Galway based. Happy with system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭OO7FITZY

I got mine from zen water filters based out of Clonmel Co. Tipp (I am in Limerick)

The installer was a guy from SA and seemed to know his stuff and was good to deal with but business is no longer open

Hopefully someone will come up with an answer - are there other forums we can ask the question do you know?

Advertisement