Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Egr valve made no difference

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭User1998

Yeah exactly. If your still getting fault codes for the EGR then thats what I’d be doing next.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

No worries thanks. Gonna get a second opinion tomorrow and go from there

The other mechanic wants to delete Egr and dpf , reckons I’ll never have problems again. Is this a good idea ? I’m reading that it’s illegal to delete dpf

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭User1998

If done properly it will still pass the NCT so I wouldn’t worry about the legality of it. Its expensive enough to get both the EGR and DPF removed

Around 4/450 he said , might just go ahead with it at this stage and hope for the best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭teediddlyeye

I wouldn't, deleting stuff can cause massive headaches if there's other issues down the road needing to be diagnosed or if you've ever a software/ecu issue.

Had a passat a while back, no power due to clogged DPF, no faults stored and wouldn't run a forced regen. Updated ECU to latest software, immediately threw a fault for the throttle body. Seen a new one had been fitted, didn't solve the problem obviously. Wiring good so must have been an ECU issue but customer didn't want to pay for any more time.

Obviously whatever garage had it just told him it was the throttle body, all sorted now and just deleted it.

On top of that who knows what checks the NCT will bring in for this.

TLDR, get a better mechanic.

"I never thought I was normal, never tried to be normal."- Charlie Manson

Advertisement