Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW7 Transfer thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Delete - wrong tread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Agree completely, its a wait and se with them.

None of the signings made sense and there seemed to be a complete lack of a plan or a vision, wont be an easy fix for whoever comes in. Lots of talent there but a very unbalanced squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Hokd off on any Brighton or Palace transfers.

Match on Saturday 17th has been postponed due to rail strike

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

WC GW8 could be an option for me now. Gross and Sanchez assets firstly won't have a game.

And I've Liverpool v Chelsea to deal with in GW8 also. And sub goalie is Ward v Spurs in GW8. Timing of using WC could be key. I'll see what FT's can do between now and then firstly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,678 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Balls. Was going to use my 2FTs to take Liverpool and/or Chelsea players out for GW8 and then WC in GW9. Now I'll have to deal with Sanchez, GroB, Zaha, and Ward too. Bleurgh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭nice bit of green

Yeah that postponed game is a nonsense. Surely they have enough time to organise coaches/car journies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Xander10

So...how do you solve a problem like Mo Salah ?

Liverpool players look shot. Transfer re-think

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Yep. Liverpool getting hammered in Naples

3-0 down and Alisson saved a pen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Quoting myself here. Kulu started behind Richi again tonight. So just pulled the trigger on Rashford.

1 FT left and now with £2.1m ITB. Don't think the keeper swap is the right one now.

Selling Salah shouldn't cost us that much, it's not like other seasons where he was going to be top captain pick. Given form, you be very brave to go against Haaland any time soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I had mentioned it at the start of the season that I thought Liverpool long term would start to use Salah as a creator rather than as a finisher. I didn't expect it to happen so soon, with his crazy wide positions in most of the games. In previous seasons he has played wide, but cuts inside but now he is being just told to keep the width which is allowing TAA to go into central areas.

Previous it was Henderson as sort of a quasi RCM/RWB with TAA as a RB/RM and Salah as a RW/CF. But now it's TAA as a RWB/CAM, Elliot as a CM,RWB and Salah as RW/RM.

I think he is gonna be leaving my team soon as a result of this, let alone Liverpool's form.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

So if Liverpool are dead, what the hell am I supposed to do with all this Salah and Trent money???

There’s nowhere to spend it.

The pricing has been awful this season. Again.

The 3 favourites for the league were - M City, Liverpool and Chelsea.

I can easily create a team with 9 of their players. Pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,554 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Trent was really bad tonight, if he had any competition for his place then surely he'd be dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭nice bit of green

Think I am pulling the WC later today. Pool and Brighton out, City & United in.

and some wonder why he’s not automatic starter for England.

maybe if Southgate dropped him for the nations league it would give him a kick to jump start the season though the problems are deeper than him.

Guess it means having a team of 15 quality players and no 4.0/4.5 players and using the skill of picking the right starters each week instead.

As it is the majority of teams have I’d say same 6/7 players starting every week so it’s your captain choice and differentials that make up your rank.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

thinking of getting rid of jesus and diaz for kane+rash can't seem to pull the trigger on Kane though I could still see him score v city

if you take out the week jesus got 2 goals and assists his record is 2 4 1 6 1 Diaz has blanked in 4/6

both capable of a big score but equally likely to flatter to deceive

Dumped both last week for KDB and Trippier.

I am still very reluctant to go without any Liverpool cover, yes they are really struggling but they are still capable of spanking anyone, I will probably bring in Diaz on my Wildcard.

Jesus is a funny one, he was a must get from the start with his high ownership and just wrong pricing but as you say, take out one week and his returns have been poor, however from a non-fantasy perspective his all round play has been excellent and you would be thinking its only a matter of time before he returns big again.

I wont be dumping before a home game against an Everton team without Pickford for sure but post Wild Card I think my forward line will be Haaland, Mitrovic and one of Isak or Toney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Salah dropped to 12.9 just noticed ****!

By the way what happens to everyone who played there wildcards this week now that the games are cancelled?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Their WC is used.

Deadline will pass tomorrow as usual.

Anyone who took a hit will drop down the rankings a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

So if we have 2FT then we have to use one by tomorrow or lose it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Yeah there would of been a lot that played it this week thankfully not myself! Curious to see did anyone in any of my mini leagues take any hits haha here's hoping!

On the plus side this should all mean wont have to worry about losing Brighton or Palace players.

Yes, more than likely. FPL won't edit the coding of the game now for deadline tomorrow. Similar to what happened with Covid.

And aim at GW9 with the transfer TBH as looks like GW8 will get the bullet also.

I'm gonna move Jesus to Mitro I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭thefallingman

No way i'm selling Mo Liverpool will bounce back, sucks the games are cancelled this weekend ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭BackforFPL

We should all get another wildcard. Y'know to honour the Queen or whatnot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Read this for the important details

Jesus to Mitro

Robbo to Tripper

2 FTs used

GW7 team locked in!

Gives me a few pound ITB to upgrade Archer/Aaronson now as my next move which is the plan. Wanted Mitro / Tripps so getting on before a price rise the weekend and not to be burning a FT either. And if some games go ahead in GW8, the Newcastle game at 3pm Sunday could easily be one of the fixtures on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

We have to still do the transfers today even though games are poatponed?

Advertisement