Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sigur Ros November in 3arena

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,490 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Spectacular stuff. Loved that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Thought the first half was brilliant, but the second half... wow, that was incredible!

The hit of the second half of Festival never fails, just absolute joy. Following that with Kveikur was quite a shift in mood, still awesome but a lot more evil!

They're so tight now, every song was great. Particularly loved them all huddling together for Samskeyti.

The visuals and stage set up were probably pared back from what I've seen before from them, but were still great

As mentioned above, the sound was brilliant. I've often heard people say the sound isn't great in the 3arena but they proved it's all down to the sound engineers. Credit to them, crystal clear last night

Anyway, absolutely loved it, can't wait to hear the new album next year. Hopefully they tour with it, but I suspect we might have to wait a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Probably my favourite time seeing them. Also, in a world where t-shirts at nearly every big gig are €35 or €40, it was great to see some really nice ones there for €25.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ant

As it happens, I'd been to three concerts in the space of a week (Pavement, Perturbartor and Sigur Rós) and this was the one I enjoyed this the most. I really liked how they played a good long set with an intermission to break it up. The choice of songs was perfect, the sound was excellent and the crowd in the standing area around me seemed to be just as enthralled by the music as I was. I definitely won't be waiting so long to see Sigur Rós again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement