Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sigur Ros November in 3arena

Options
  • 31-08-2022 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

Any other Sigur fans? Very unique creative band always put on a very unique show. I am looking forward to this it's always a treat to see them live.

Hopefully songs from Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust  (rolls of the tongue that!) gets a outing. I really love that album. So incredibly creative and yet simple in parts.

Sigur Rós | 3Arena

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

One of my favourite live bands ever!!

This will be my 4th time seeing them live!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭emo72

Watched the movie about them playing in all the small Iceland venues a few years ago. Great band.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Same as. Olympia long time ago, 3Arena and Kilmainham. The gig in the Olympia was special. They were just getting known around that time. Had one or 2 songs as background tunes on TV ads e.g. Hoppipolla and Saeglopur. Tickets were only €30, but became like gold-dust by the time the gig came around. I paid €100 to a tout for the only ticket which seemed available outside the Olympia. And that was about 15 mins before it was due to start. I'm so glad I did. The semi-transparent curtain was pulled across for the last song - Untitled 8; bouncing light all over the Olympia. An amazing spectacle.

3Arena was really good too. Great setlist. The Kilmainham one was alright. Definitely not an outdoor gig band. Music gets lost in whatever bit of wind is swirling around, an general chatter of the crowd.

I saw that movie in the cinema - their little tour of Iceland. It was great catching it on the big screen. Heima it was called.

Just read there that they are playing some new songs on their tour right now. Must check them out.

This link is the setlist for the Sydney gig. If we get that in Dublin, I will be ecstatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I've seen them a couple of times and I'm going in November.

I first saw them in the Temple Theatre in 2001. I still have the t-shirt.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,490 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Does it still fit Delbert? I was at the Olympia gig too, one of my favourite gigs ever. I haven't really listened to them in an age but looking forward to getting them on again in the run up to the gig.

• Advertisement

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,490 ✭✭✭Stillill42

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Nightdrive

Wish this was in the Olympia rather than the 3 but I'll defs end up picking up a ticket. Probably no pressure to do so quick though given how sparse the 3 was last time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Was that perhaps the Temple Bar Music Theatre (now Button Factory) in 2000 supporting Godspeed You Black Emperor with Fly Pan-Am also supporting? That was a loooooong night.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

No, this was their own gig in the Temple Theatre on Temple Street in April 2001. They had a guest vocalist on the night, Steindór Andersen. The Temple Theatre was a converted 18th century church and the venue was used primarily for clubbing events. It was open from 1996 to 2003 (Google is my friend). The Sigur Rós gig was an unusual departure for them, which probably explains why it was the only occasion I was in the place.

Post edited by delbertgrady on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Yeah i remember the Temple alright! As you say, an odd choice to have Sigur Ros in there.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭bergipau

Hi, I hope there are no issues with this post. If there are just let me know and I will remove it.

I have 2 good seated tickets (block E row 31), I am probably going to put them up for resale on ticketmaster, but if someone here is interested I would prefer to sell directly rather than giving TM more money. I am happy to sell at face value (60 each)....or a bit less if you ask nicely.

Post edited by bergipau on

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭paddyb

I still remember that temple bar gig. I had never heard of them before but I was hooked after that night

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭bergipau

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I put together a playlist of the setlist for the current tour. I won't say anything about what's on it, in case people don't like knowing, but I'm listening to it on my drunken train ride home and, **** me, it's majestic. Cannot wait

I had a look on setlist.com a few weeks ago. It's an unreal setlist. And will be a long gig if they play the full version of all of those songs. I normally prefer to stand at gigs. But I think I'll be getting seated for this one. I haven't really listened to any new stuff. Is there anything that stands out on the recent tunes?

I think the only new song is Gold 2, which is being debuted this tour. They've not released a regular album since Kveikur and that was 9yrs ago, lazy buggers 😋

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

They seem to have dropped the other new songs for the EU tour. And yes it's a long show but they split it into 2 sets with 15-20 minute intermission.

Ya. They also play a couple of other tunes - maybe b-sides from singles?? I never heard those. I must put the tunes that I don't know from the setlist into a playlist, and have a listen.

Pity they don't play Von. I'd love to hear that live. Otherwise, the setlist is perfect in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Have you got it on Spotify? Any chance of sharing the link please?

No, sorry, I'm too cheap to pay for Spotify 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

One of them - Rafmagnið Búið - is the intro to Ny Batteri that only appeared on the Ny Batteri single. The other one - Smáskífa - is from the Vaka single and has been regularly played live for many years (and is also one of favourite songs of theirs).

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

This will be my first time seeing them live indoors. Very much looking forward to it. The set list is very beautiful

Anyone know the actual time the band are due on stage. It seems like they play a very long set. 9 is the general time the main bands kick off. But I have a feeling this will kick off sone time earlier than that. Maybe even 8.15??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭Fanirish

8pm on stage. No support

• Registered Users Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭Fanirish

As per mcd twitter account on Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭cheese sandwich

I saw them in the Ambassador just before the release of ( ). They played lots from that album but because nobody had heard it yet the atmosphere was a bit subdued for much of the gig. Of course that album is now a classic, and has just been rereleased. I also saw them at the EP one year but for various reasons don’t have a great memory of that gig.

Can’t go tonight, unfortunately. Good luck to those who are!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Don't think I'd seen the curtains down for standing area before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

First time seeing them tonight, something always got in the way.

Did see Jonsi solo before in Paris many years ago.

Anyway, stellar show.

They sound fantastic. Visuals were good craic too. Definitely some tunes I didn't know, but got a good few bangers in there throughout. Really enjoyed it.

Nice being at a gig where nobody dares sing along obnoxiously 😁

Advertisement