Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 Cost of reflooring ground floor in standard semi-detached house

Options
  • 25-08-2022 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

I'd like to get an idea of cost of replacing floors in a standard 4-bed semi-detached house built in the 90's. We'd like an engineered wood herringbone pattern floor for the main living-room/hall/dining room, priced between 30-40 Euro/m2. The main living area is about 30m2 plus <6m2 in the hall. Everything will probably require a decent underlay, as I think it's just concrete under the current floors.

We're hoping to renovate the kitchen at the same time and would like to refloor with tiles at 30 Euro/m2. The kitchen area is <26m2, less an L-shape cabinetry and island. I don't know if an underlay is needed for tiles too. We previously paid a bathroom tiler around 15 Euro/y2, I presume the kitchen should be about the same. What is a typical underlay cost? and does it cost more to pay someone to lay herringbone vs long planks?

Comments

Advertisement