Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Andrew Tate

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,316 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Then how about keeping to opinions on Andrew Tate rather than going off on an "anti-woke" tangent? You can always cry about "wokeness" on on a thread where it's relevant. People who have to steer everything onto the one topic they're consumed by find it difficult to maintain social relationships. FACT. Learn to let go. Maybe when you're less pissed off all the time someone will love you.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭delusiondestroyer

It was relevant to the discussion at the time and a passing comment, however you and your buddies descended upon it and we have been talking about it ever since.

So if you don't want to talk about it simply stop posting about it, only time i talk about it is replying to the likes of you.

You moonlighting as a psychologist now? (People who have to steer everything onto the one topic are consumed by it find it difficult to maintain social relationships) 🤣

When you have to resort to insulting someone personally you've lost bud. FACT. 🤣

Great, no more trying to wedge anti-woke moaning into the thread. I'm not your bud, guy! FACT

You sound really bitter because I revealed the truth about the woke and those that support it. FACTS don't care about your feelings bud.

Now with that said, on your way!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭taxAHcruel

When I wrote "I guess is to do anything we can as a society to alleviate the pressures of modern day life on parents. So that they have more time and resources to put into actually parenting." that is partly what I was saying yes. You're saying the same thing a different way.

I mentioned that I work with some local kids and teach them a "Jedi Curriculum". I did this because the kids were becoming irredeemable in the area. As part of this I of course visited the parents. I did not want to be some weird old guy who was training their kids in all kinds of things without at least meeting them.

One set of parents were approaching evil. They literally did not care about their son and could not understand why I did. It was a bit like the scene in the book/movie "Matilda" when the teacher Miss Honey visits the Wormwoods. Only worse. You could not imagine worse parents.

The others though were lovely and they were quite upset and opened up to me about their parenting. They just did not have the time. Every day they said "Today we will do better" and every day they would fall home from work with barely the energy to get food on the table. They were somewhat aware they were losing their kids to the dark side. Maybe not quite aware enough. But they were as lost as the kids were to be fair to them. And they have been so grateful and supportive of what I have been doing with the boys.

So yes I would love to get parents to be better role models. But I wish it was as easy to do as to say. Some parents genuinely want to do better. But it is all they can do to keep the current situation together such as it is.

I hope I am a good model for my kids. I have done so much with them. From martial arts to weapons handling to farming to hunting to electrics and wiring to so many many other things. They are more capable at their current ages (none of them teens yet, my oldest is a girl of 12.5) than some grown men. I think I am doing alright! There is certainly no hole in their lives the likes of Tate can fill. They do like Jokko Willink a lot though and his childrens books and listen to Jokkos podcast for kids.

Never "groomed" anyone in my life no. The relationship I am in started simultaneously too. It was not a case of two people involving a third. We all met at the same time. We all got to know each other at the same time. We all fell in love at the same time. And we all realized our life paths into the future were ones we wanted to share at the same time.

Unfortunately Jedi Mind tricks and the force do not exist. So no we do not tend to be teaching those. But actually what we do teach is things that look a little like it. Like Close up Magic and mentalism magic and similar. There is a well known "magic" trick for example that's fun to do where you have people stand around a table and lightly place their fingers on it. And suddenly the table "magically" moves around the room. It works on principles similar to the ouija board. I also taught them - and a couple of them did it on stage in front of actual audiences which was a proud moment - the "Oracle" show. This is the same one Derren Brown does at his Ted Talk Appearance.

So what we basically did was look at all the things Jedi can do and either teach those things (when they were real) or things as close as we possibly can when the things are not real. We concentrate a lot on combat (Martial Arts, Sword play, etc) and the Jedi skills of ambassador to other cultures (the boys can now say hello and have a very cursory conversation about themselves in 6 languages and know a lot about those cultures and their norms) and so on. Clearly Jedi and Jedi abilities are science fiction. But you can make an interesting and stimulating curriculum if you use them as a basis to work off.

What it ultimately did however was gave a group of kids who were just lost, some direction and meaning and stimulation and guidance in their lives. And the effect was quite profound and one of the things I am certainly most proud of in my life.

Unfortunately I find the people who decry them the most are the ones who have listened to little or nothing they have said. Or rely on little snippets taken out of context with the express intent of making them look more awful than they are.

You can usually spot them quickly. The types for example who spout the media line that Rogan got covid and then just took "Horse Dewormer" to try and cure it. The moment you hear them parrot that line you know you are talking to someone who just swallows and regurgitates whatever they are told from their very dumb and very biased sources. And they know very little about a) what actually happened nor b) what this "horse dewormer" actually was.

Alas however I realize the irony in saying this - in that I am on a thread that is for the most part decrying Andrew Tate - while the majority of us on the thread, myself maybe more than most, know almost nothing about Tate, except little snippets quoted or snipped. So it strikes me that if I am going to continue to post on and off in this thread I should put my own standards front and fore and suck it up and actually delve into some of his content for awhile.

It's certainly bizarre to hear Rogan called a "subtle racist" though. I'd be genuinely curious to see what content leads people to that conclusion. I was only just listening to his episode released this week - the latest in a series - promoting the innocent project. How anyone can watch such an episode, hearing all Rogan says on it, including how chocked up with emotion he got over it - and thing the word "racist" even remotely applies to him is a genuine mystery to me. He has many faults. Many. Racism is not one.

• Advertisement

There you go using that word again. You can't stop yourself. You're obsessed! FACT. Pride month must be very difficult for you.

Now your bringing Pride month in to it... you're like a broke record on and on you go.... give it a rest lad.

So you have something to add about Andrew Tate?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Murph85

hadnt seen this before. I think his point about escaping the matrix isn't about materialism, its about not being some slave to your employer, the banks etc...

He described on video and on his website how he met girls, groomed them and had them work for his camgirl "business". If someone is going to boast about coercing girls into sex work, bribing police and scamming people online I'm going to take their word for it and assume they're guilty of quite a few crimes, even if they haven't transported the girls over borders.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Let me guess. At some point the mark ends up kicking him money for some sort of insider secrets?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Fortunately for everyone that's not how the world works, he hasn't been convicted of anything and will have due process, of course when your as biased as yourself the fact that he could be innocent is inconceivable to you.

He is a gobshite but there definitely is a woke witch hunt against him.

You're still adding nothing to the thread. Go out and celebrate the school holidays if you have nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

He doesn't believe in due process and chooses to live somewhere where he can bribe the police. Said he found the idea that UK police won't take a bribe offensive.

He is a gobshite but there definitely is a woke witch hunt against him.

:facepalm:

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 28,468 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

You’re right, all those who claim to speak for most people are spoofers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,998 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Yeah this is it. I'm not sure how I could help any of these characters. I just focus on my own gosson and hope mine and my Mrs'. influence is enough to give him confidence and keep him steady.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

So many people rant about woke without being able to define it.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 34,030 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

Nature protects. That generation which has wound up preyed upon by Tate and his like, has their own bullshit detector, probably filters both ways, home culture and new. We'll have a brilliant future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

• Registered Users Posts: 19,998 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Hateful content such as Rogan and Peterson?

Peterson is probably one of the most level headed influencers on the internet, same with joe rogan they shut no one down and openly take on all challengers in debate and give them a chance to speak.

The only ones Peterson doesn't agree with is being forced to call LGBTQ types by their pronouns that is not hate that ideology has people out saluting rainbow flags and cancelling anyone that doesn't agree with there delusions. They are the ones that spread hate and cancel culture and should be curtailed.

Rogan is also very fair and open minded on alot of topics aswell he just disagrees with delusions too.

Id be far more concerned about the types that try to moderate and ban opinions they disagree with, it opens the door to a dangerous precedent where you have people who believe in utter nonsense trying to cancel people who they deemed to have offended them.

Imagine I decided to call myself "The King" and got offended when you refused to call me by preferred pronouns...and now you get bashed as being a bigot or some sort of phobic... and a chunk of people are trying to get you cancelled no regardless of your reasoning for refusing.

Obey or be cancelled is the game these days, which is essentially what's happening Tate.

• Advertisement

Peterson is a crank and has been since he realised he could make more money as a grifter than as an academic. Rogan was promoting nonsense like Ivermectin during covid. That's all I need to know about him right there.

Cancel culture isn't real. It's just the latest American right wing drivel designed to hide the fact that there's nothing more to right wing thought than hatred, prejudice and venality.

I'll believe your claim when I see proof but since you've offered none, I remain unconvinced.

H. H. Asquith

Advertisement