Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Congress Admits UFOs Not ‘Man-Made’...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,894 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

• Registered Users Posts: 23,855 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Its what they do between sessions of riding their sisters, look to the skies and hallucinate.

Also,its just big and populous. And it has among the most advanced military aviation development in the World.

I don't know about you, but if I saw this overhead the Nevada desert, by chance, passing by at over 3,500 kph back in 1964, when it first flew, I'd think the Little Green Men were paying us a visit and all....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Congress Admits UFOs Not ‘Man-Made,’ Says ‘Threats’ Increasing ‘Exponentially’

What threats?

Has there ever been an incident reported where a UFO could be considered threatening or dangerous to national security?

Post edited by Riddle101 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

There are incidents documented both in the US and Russia where UAPs were sighted over nuclear weapon facilities and that through no human intervention systems used to launch missiles were activated.

Could be a reference to similar incidents

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Mad thing about that pic is you can see the fuel leaking from the wing tanks. The fuel was specially developed for the SR71 to have a low flashpoint because of heating of the airframe when going full steam. You could drop a lighted match into the stuff and it would just go out. The outer skin that you can see in that pic too is corrugated in places with large panel gaps where fuel would leak out. However at full speed the heat would make the whole thing expand and the corrugations would flatten out and seal the panels.

The other mad thing is it used a lot of titanium in construction. The problem being at the time that the Soviet Union/Russia had most of the world's supply, so the Americans set up shell companies to buy the titanium from the USSR. To build planes that would spy on them.

And like you said if you caught a glimpse of one in the early sixties... Or the drone version from the same time.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Cheerful S

In the 1980s, it held nuclear weapons.

An actual live recording of the military encountering some of the unknown is shown here. During the investigation, the deputy commander of the base pressed record on his tape recorder. When some objects appeared, beams of light started to shine down onto the ground

Later events.. A triangle-shaped craft landed and a bigger one hovered over the hangar, dropping a beam onto the hangar. The truth is as is, they were seeking out the most destructive weapons available to mankind for some reason?

Post edited by Cheerful S on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Didn’t someone see an alien hovering around the ship?

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭20Wheel

what do you mean 'admits'.

like theres someone to blame.

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,297 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dramatik

I'm just speculating based on my own memory of waking up to 4 grey aliens operating on my stomach. Was it real? was it a dream? I couldn't tell you.

Being heavily sedated with powerful drugs after an operation has many similarities with dreaming, both exude a peripheral haze/blur and a difficulty in recalling memories. If you are unaware that you have been sedated in the first place how can you tell if you are dreaming or not?

I do find it strange that so many people have these similar memories however we do have evidence of other dreams that are commonly dreamt such as looking in the mirror and seeing your teeth falling out etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Double post

• Registered Users Posts: 17,799 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Reading the original article which mentions:

“cross-domain transmedium threats to the United States national security are expanding exponentially.” from the report

When looking at the full context:

At a time when cross-domain transmedium threats to United 
    States national security are expanding exponentially, the 
    Committee is disappointed with the slow pace of DoD-led efforts 
    to establish the office to address those threats and to replace 
    the former Unidentified Aerial Phenomena Task Force as required 
    in Section 1683 of the National Defense Authorization Act for 
    Fiscal Year 2022. The Committee was hopeful that the new office 
    would address many of the structural issues hindering progress. 
    To accelerate progress, the Committee has, pursuant to Section 
    703, renamed the organization formerly known as the 
    Unidentified Aerial Phenomena Task Force and the Aerial Object 
    Identification and Management Synchronization Management Group 
    to be the Unidentified Aerospace-Undersea Phenomena Joint 
    Program Office. That change reflects the broader scope of the 
    effort directed by the Congress. Identification, 
    classification, and scientific study of unidentified aerospace-
    undersea phenomena is an inherently challenging cross-agency, 
    cross-domain problem requiring an integrated or joint 
    Intelligence Community and DoD approach. The new Office will 
    continue to be led by DoD, with a Deputy Director named by the 
    Intelligence Community. The formal DoD and Intelligence 
    Community definition of the terms used by the Office shall be 
    updated to include space and undersea, and the scope of the 
    Office shall be inclusive of those additional domains with 
    focus on addressing technology surprise and ``unknown 
    unknowns.'' Temporary nonattributed objects, or those that are 
    positively identified as man-made after analysis, will be 
    passed to appropriate offices and should not be considered 
    under the definition as unidentified aerospace-undersea 
    phenomena.

Hard to take that seriously. If I was working in the DoD I'd be pushing for that gig as well.

As for this line:

“Temporary nonattributed objects, or those that are positively identified as man-made after analysis, will be passed to appropriate offices and should not be considered under the definition as unidentified aerospace-undersea phenomena,” - AKA not man-made, such as natural phenomena

Thousands of unidentified ghost sightings, these could be a threat to national security, they should also setup an unidentified terrestrial phenomena task group in the DoD, with a nice budget and good pension.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,126 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

That sounds extremely similar to the rendlesham forest incident

Advertisement