Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Congress Admits UFOs Not ‘Man-Made’...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭jolivmmx

I cannot remember to whom he was boasting, but Donald Trump claimed that the US had secret technology that we couldn’t even dream of…

Could this be a ploy to obfuscate the technology that the US possesses?

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭jolivmmx

Not to be overly cynical, but the timbre of the article seems to be “we need to shill the US finance department for more money for this secret project”

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Just to add that NASA have assembled a team of scientists to look at this and the next UFO report is due by October the 31st.

A study organised by NASA into unidentified flying objects (UFOs) has begun, bringing together experts from across different scientific fields. 

UFOs, or what the US government calls "unidentified aerial phenomena" (UAP), have been the source of intrigue for decades.

Now an official panel convened by the US space agency will focus on unclassified sightings and other data collected from civilian government and commercial sectors.

It is made up of 16 members, and includes retired NASA astronaut and test pilot Scott Kelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭thefallingman

is there anyone that doesn't believe in ufo's and aliens, the evidence is hard to refute at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭thefallingman

who was flying the tic tac ufo and others recorded by the navy with g force a human couldn't withstand ?

Where was this g force measured?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Based on the speed, trajectory and manoeuvres witnessed it was assumed that the G Force involved, were it capable to be done by a known aircraft, would have been more than a conventional pilot could withstand.

Maverick, though?

You'll have to excuse me for not accepting that aliens is the simplest explanation over human error. And as for US congress involvement, they have funded remote viewing in the past and the search for Noah's Ark. People linked to Robert Bigelow got lucky and just managed to successfully lobby politicians, there's no big reveal coming just a lot more of any day now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭purplefields

Consider how massively huge the universe is, and how tiny an amount of time humans have been around. The universe would have to be absolutely teeming with aliens for one of them to happen upon us.

So aliens manage to visit. Why do they fly around like that? They know we can see them, so why not introduce themselves?

Far more likely that humankind will extinct itself either through climate change or war, before aliens get a chance to visit. We will have been around a tiny shake of a lamb's tail.

They're also very considerate, they have flashing lights to comply with aviation authorities.

I'm not saying its aliens but based on the reported accounts and these reports arent by average joes but highly trained aviators the objects are performing above known limits.

Aliens is one theory.

Misidentification is another

Top secret next gen technology another

The fact the US military are saying they cant determine who what or where they originate from does lead one to think of all types of scenarios.

The newly used term Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon (UAP) does take away from the pop culture of UFO and aliens and phenomenon opens possibility of it being a natural event whereas object leads om yo think of it only being a craft.

These encounters arent new either, Peruvian air force and Iranian airforces have documented accounts of engagements with similar phenomenon back in the 70s

Re g-forces, aliens might have evolved technology with responsive gyroscopic/rotational cabins/capsules within craft which could counter g-forces to make the experience of sharply manoeuvring flight be a similar experience as with astronauts in spacecraft.

Thats assuming what is being seen is actually manned (or aliened) at all.

One theory out there when people talk of extraterrestrial beings is that the Grey alien thats always depicted when aliens are mentioned are actually just AI bots

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The strange thing is that none of these has ever crashed and been retrieved. Not to our knowledge anyway. But one would imagine if one crashed in the land of some farmer in USA said farmer or neighbours would take a picture or two and it would have ended up on social media if it happened in more recent times. The entities have had a lot of luck with their craft, if they have managed to understand and circumvent our weather etc they must be pretty darned advanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭meepins

I think the assumption there are other advanced species out there is completely reasonable but the 'evidence' being presented like the tic-tac video just feels like a psy-op.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,297 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

please move this to Conspiracy Theories !!

The resident 'believers' would implode ....

😂🤣

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 16,471 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Would they give up flat earth, space fakery in return for aliens? I doubt it, they'd come up with some uber-story to combine it lest admit they were wrong about it.

Aliens definitely exist. It's doubtful they are here, but would love it to be true. The drop off in sightings and events since camera phones became ubiquitous is telling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,297 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I meant the 'other' lot... 🙄

The same few that pile on anyone that dares post anything that doesnt suit their beliefs -

Theres no such thing as a true Con Theory .... None. Ever. What you read/hear is true, thats it.

😏

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

I find it too difficult to believe that ET's would remain airborne for so long without attempting some sort of communication. Why is there no evidence of them landing and exploring either? Surely there would be numerous satellite images of unexplained landings in remote places? The top secret angle does not wash anymore, especially if congress is admitting that UFO's are plausible, this would allow other government agencies to massively increase their budgets if they could provide tangible evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Why are Alien sightings more prevalent in the US ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,384 ✭✭✭Damien360

I’ll leave this here

This notion that ET's reckon we are too bad to touch is absolute garbage. It parallels human concept. For me there lies the ultimate proof that sightings and notions are entirely man made.

The notion that dramatically advanced aliens would share anything with the human lifeform is entirely naive. They either want to eat us or phuck us, lets' be honest about that for starters.....

Only tin foilers say that. Conspiracies happen all the time but the only ones promoted by a certain type are the really outlandish ones. The kind that only they know the real story about, where the sheep are being manipulated and where they are involved in a massive struggle against nefarious forces. You know, the ones that are always wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dramatik

I don't think the grey alien is actually the final form, I think what people are seeing is either a being or robot in a futuristic spacesuit / hazmatsuit. Those big black eyes are actually protective goggles/lenses.

We would never step foot on a foreign planet without protective wear, nor would we operate on an extraterrestrial without it.

If these aliens are so technically advanced, I'm sure they'd be pretty handy at making ai robots and drones as well, not just spacecraft. So chances are they wouldn't even risk sending a live being, also if these craft were inhabited with robots they would probably be able to handle these extreme G forces a lot better than a living being.

Just look at our own space missions, we have transitioned to more remote operated missions, rather than sending humans up there. So I'm leaning towards remotely operated drones with ai robots as an explanation for all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Are they? Per head of population. Reports come from all over the world . As the UFOs being ET such sights have been witnessed since the dawn of history. Perhaps we share the Earth/Solar System with them? Could they be some form of natural phenomenon or creature.

Agreed, if we are being stalked by intergalactic robots it is going to be very very sore.

I would say the arse burn off alien titanium will smell rough for starters. A bad mix altogether.

Rough ride all said.

• Advertisement

But this isn’t based on evidence, rather lack of evidence of what people are seeing actually is.

Advertisement