Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private Internet Access VPN with 100% Cashback from TopCashBack

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

I'm getting nothing, still on pending

Sent customer care a message and nudge

Feel like getting refund and trying other VPN but any of the links I click won't connect

• Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

3 weeks left to cancel if necessary, I'll see how it goes. The VPN service itself is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Shpongler

From their site:

"After you have sent the image of your receipt to us, the cashback amount will track to your account Earnings at pending status within 1 hour. It can then take up to 30 days for the cashback to be approved and made payable (the point at which you can withdraw your cashback). If we're not able to approve your receipt first time, we may ask you to carry out further steps to get it sorted for you."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

How long did you wait before putting in the claim?

Then when you click on cashback button it says will be in it account within a day

• Advertisement

7 days as per their instructions - you can submit earlier but they won't look at it until 7 days have passed from the transaction date.

I can see where this is going

Can take up to 30 days to get money

Can cancel VPN within 30 days

So do you gamble on going past the 30 and assume youll get cashback and if not then you are paying full whack for something you may not need

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭samboy08

Topcashback can take months to get cashback but is usually 99% guaranteed to get your cashback, I've never had issues getting cashback in the few years I've been using it. I have had cashback declined before but always get it eventually once opened a ticket. Only time I have had cashback declined is if I cancel an order which makes me not entitled to it. I wouldn't worry about it, I'm certain you will receive your cashback if you don't ask for a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Anyone get the VPN to work with iPlayer on Android or on Firestick? Not working for me. Works fine on windows laptop.

[EDIT] Got it working. Had to select the "London Streaming" server, the other UK servers didn't work.

This is great and the Cashback is pending already.

Post edited by FastFullBack on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Yes, and soon the London Streaming may not work as well as it has been, but switch to another UK and it should. Or it may refresh before you even notice and no need to change (but a heads up just in case). Same for HULU, I find most US servers work great, but I have tried one assuming it would work, and when it didn't I thought there was something wrong with HULU ☺️ I eventually realised it was the VPN.

Mine is still pending, from the time I purchased I almost immediately got pending. As another poster said above, I haven't ever had any issues getting cashback from them, I don't remember any pending this long, I am not worried though. Although this isn't very comforting, I am happy it would be sorted if I contacted them (which I haven't).I don't think I will have to wait that long either.

Why is there a wait before my cashback is paid?

After your cashback has tracked, it is typically around 3 months before your cashback becomes ‘payable’ and is ready to withdraw. We’ll always make your cashback ‘payable’ as soon as we can, but it does take a few months for the funds to reach us from the retailer, before we can pass them onto you.

• Advertisement

they recommend using US East or US West for streaming (East probably better here for geographical reasons).

I tried out their Smart DNS and it didn't work for any streaming and it's not really "smart" in the sense that other providers use the term (i.e. it should only reroute traffic for specific streaming services, should automatically reroute to the correct country, and leave the rest of your traffic alone; but PIA's version reroutes all your traffic to whatever country you've chosen).

my cashback has cleared and I've withdrawn it to Revolut (hasn't arrived yet though).

Still pending for me. I bought on the 31st of August. maybe another few days so.

Oy oy!

Who knows what their business model is though, AWS servers aren't free...

Same for myself and then exchange into the euro account

Im going the resub route, oh great i got a "free" VPN thats good, in a years time oh whats this charge then hard luck T&C you agreed to it

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Art_Vandalay

PIA has not worked for Amazon prime so far and stopped working for Disney plus and BBC iplayer now

Post edited by Art_Vandalay on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I used quidco and took 3 months for Cashback to come through, surfshark

yeah maybe - this is a 2 year sub though, playing a very long game if that's their plan.

where are you trying to connect to for D+?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Art_Vandalay

Their French and Italian site has better choices

• Advertisement

It's 29 days now and my Topcashback is still pending. Anyone else still waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭farreca

I ordered on the 1st Sept and still waiting but I guess it will be next month before they get their affiliate month for September

You'll be waiting, it must go past the money back guarantee stage and then some. Prob 2-3 months

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭farreca

Got my cashback today, just waiting on the transfer now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

So 18 months later, this VPN has been rock solid. The deal at the time was "Initial Subscriptions & Renewal". Has anyone figured out the renewal part? Surely we can't get it free again??

I don't know but they still have a 95% back offer anyway. I've only been using to watch the PL via Indonesia but it's been rock solid anytime I've used it.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭TestLink

Do you know any VPN that would work with Amazon Prime and other Streaming apps in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

I use torguard (but pay extra for dedicated streaming IP)for BBC/ITV players. Not too fussed about US/UK versions of Prime/Netflix so won't be able to tell you if it works. I can try if you tell me what to look for ..

Advertisement