Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAA College football season 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,627 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

If Bama win the SEC title they'll be there. They won't do that though. Milroe is not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Some craic going on in Colarado with 'Coach Prime " Dion Sanders and all that...

Just caught the highlights of their game with Colerado State, double point deficet in the 4th and won in double overtime. Seems a lot of resentment about what they are doing there, but they are THE story of the season thus far. Love them or hate them, they are making some noise.

I live what they are doing. Young Sanders had to be a consideration for the Heisman at this early stage of the season.

Early days. Has the opposition been strong enough?

• Advertisement

They beat TCU who were in the championship game last season.

Yea, and actually TCU have recovered with 2 good wins since.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,044 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Some decent games on today

#19 Colorado and coach Prime @ #11 Oregon, both unbeaten at 20:30

#9 ND @ #Ohio State at 00:00

#Ole Miss @ #Alabama also 20:30

Nothing jumping out in the early slot, but #4 Florida State @ unranked Clemson might be decent seeing as unranked BC gave FSU a bit of a shock last week.

Colorado @ Oregon is the no.1 game for me tonight. I'm a Notre Dame fan and really looking forward to that game and I think the Irish can win it, I think it'll be low enough scoring

I've alway been a huge fan of Deoin Sanders ever since his playing days. He is my favourite defensive back ever and he played wide receiver plenty of times too and of course he played MLB while playing football. I always loved his cocky attitude and then the prime time nickname he gave himself. I remember it well the first time he used it, he said you should be watching every game I play because you are watching 'prime time' when you are watching me play.

He's clearly a great coach. The job he done at Jackson state was amazing. The turnaround in Colorado's fortunes in such a short space of time is incredible too. They are going to be a powerhouse if he stays there for a few years. I think tonight's game will be a lot closer than a lot of people think, I'd love if they pulled off the upset, it'd put them firmly in the playoff picture if they did.

Two tough games coming up with tonight and then USC next weekend. I think that game at USC could well go over 100 points.

Clemson looked terrible against Duke but will have gotten some confidence from those two dominant wins over weaker schools. I think the Seminoles will be in top gear thought after the fright they got last week and I fancy them to win it by 10.

Bama don't have a decent QB, I expect they'll get beaten tonight.

Colorado's offensive line is awful. It hasn't looked great in any game but tonight it's horrendous against a really good defense. Young Sanders isn't getting any time in the pocket. He isn't even getting enough time to get out of the pocket.

35-0 at the half and it's only going to get a lot worse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,044 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I gave up on the Colorado game after the first three Oregon TDs, switched over to Alabama, who look like they will win after a shaky first quarter.

And I watched all the FSU game which was very entertaining.

Yeah I'm of the opinion that Florida State are not up to their ranking.

Absolutely sick. Buckeyes get a touchdown in the last play of the game to steal the win. ☹️

• Registered Users Posts: 10,830 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Was a horrible way to lose, they had made so many savage stops on third or fourth and short, you almost believed they might do it just one more time but their luck run out. Hope OSU go undefeated now, if we do too then that game might stand to us later in the year

Marcus Freeman gets one more year for me. Needs to use the transfer portal well for the offense, recruit better for the offense and get a proper offensive co-ordinator. If he doesn't get that sorted next year he has to go.

Oklahoma are legit contenders after the Red River game. Fantastic game of ball, Sooners take it by 4.

Notre Dame v Louisville 58 seconds left in the half after Hartman gets sacked to make it 3rd and 13. What does Freeman do? He takes a timeout, like how can you be so stupid? So it ends up with Louisville getting the ball back with all their timeouts and get a field goal opportunity from 42 yards out. Luckily they missed it but the decision to take that timeout is unforgivable.

Louisville would never have taken a timeout on 3rd and 13 in case the Irish got the first down.

7-7 at the half.

Louisville have a 17 point lead with 5 minutes so this one is done.

People will look at the stats and say Hartman was awful. That's not really how it looked though. The first int was an incredible play right at the start of the game, the ball was on target but the defensive back somehow managed to get the ball. The second one was late on when he had no choice but to try and find a receiver.

His offensive line let him down badly tonight both in pass protection and opening holes for the run.

Who knows, maybe Louisville are that good and might make a run for the national championship. They are 6-0 now but this is the first team of note that they've beaten. Problem for them is they have only Miami and Kentucky as potentially ranked teams left to play.

Of course they'll likely face one of Florida State or North Carolina at the end of the season. Thing is you've got Oregon, Washington and USC who'll likely have one spot in the final four, Oklahoma are in if they stay unbeaten, Georgia the same and then you've got Michigan, Penn State and Ohio State all vying for a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Just caught the end of the Miami / Gearogia Tech game now.

Miami were up 3, with 35 seconds left and GT had no time outs. Instead of victory formation, Miami ran the ball. They fumbled, GT recovered, and then made 3 quick passes for a touchdown to win the game.

One of the worst in-game coaching decisions of all time.

• Advertisement

Miami were undefeated coming into their game against GT last night.

They were up 3 and had a second down with 1:18 on the clock and GT had no timeouts left.

Instead of taking victory formation, they ran the ball.

They also ran the ball on third down with 34 seconds left. They promptly fumbled, GT recovered, and then went down the field in 2 passes and scored a touchdown.

One of the worst coaching decisions of all time.

Lot of people going on about Caleb Williams as a generational talent (overused phrase anyway) that teams should tank to get. I know it's not fair to judge on one game, but... I'm not impressed. Threw up some insane passes inviting interceptions and crumbled under the pressure of a usc ND game. Not sure I'd be giving him the keys to the car on day one

It'll certainly have scouts re-evaluating. Williams hadn't come up against many good defenses in his career before last night.

I was in the generational talent believers and I rarely use that moniker. Last two times was for Andrew Luck and Joe Burrow. I had him down as a potential Mahomes level talent. I wouldn't give up on him yet but I'm definitely questioning things after last night.

A great win for the Irish, it should push them into the top 15. Pittsburgh next week who just put Louisville to the sword and ended their unbeaten start to the season. A big win over the Panthers, who I'd imagine will be ranked now, and Clemson could push them back into the top ten when we get the first rankings at Halloween.

My heart goes out to Duke and their QB Riley Leonard.

A brutal foul where he had his helmet ripped off him and he ended up with an ankle injury put him out of the game. They were going toe to toe with Florida State up to that point.

I seen him practicing on the sideline and he looked like he could go back in but wasn't let despite awful play from the backup. I'm thinking there must have been concussion concerns.

Duke were leading by three when he went out midway through the third quarter. Late in the fourth his backup had 3 passing yards and no first downs. He ended up with 7 passing yards.

Florida State went on to win by eighteen.

What do we think of the Michigan sign-stealing accusations? The evidence looks pretty damning and I think it will cost Harbaugh and his staff their jobs.

Everybody is at it. And it's not even necessary these days because every game is on TV. Then you've got people recording signals on their phones and putting them on YouTube saying exactly what they are.

If one guy gets done for this it's going to open up a can of worms because it'll be proven that a lot of schools are at it.

I think the NCAA should look at the big picture including what I've said above and do nothing about it. It's stupid in this day and age to not realise how easy it is to see every teams signals without even leaving your office.

Absolutely.

Probably says more about the NCAA and their old fashioned attitudes in a lot of ways, as you say it's a widespread practice, and the only thing this guy did wrong was use his own name and get caught, pretty fvckin dump given it's against the (albeit outdated) rules.

It's clear though that Michigan, Harbaugh, and the NCAA have issues though, what with the notorious Cheeseburger Scandal 🙄. There are issues around recruiting and inducement across the country, and for some reason they have their teeth in the Wolverines, perhaps because of some stupidity and brazen behavior on their part, I dunno.

Definitely. There's a reason no other teams have said anything about this, because they are all at it

• Advertisement

Well this Connor Stallions / Michigan sign stealing stuff just gets more wacky by the day.

Central Michigan have launched an investigation after photos and videos emerged from their opening game against Michigan State showing someone on their sideline who they don't recognise. He's wearing sunglasses (it's a night game) and has a blank clipboard.

The suggestion - unless it comes out otherwise - is that it's Stallions in disguise. How he got the matching CMU staffer uniform and access to the sidelines will be interesting. Of course, there are a few ex-Michigan staffers at CMU who worked with Stallions at Michigan.

There are a few clips doing the rounds where this mystery man looks to be trying to avoid making eyes contact with the CMU head coach and also trying to keep his head down when the on-field action spills over to the sideline at one point. It's all very hilarious and I hope it's true.

Advertisement