Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M&S App

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

They must be doing alright in the grocery side- they’ve opened a massive new food hall in Liffey hall- way better stocked than any other one I’ve been to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

I'd probably say that this was up there for the worst bargain alert of the year. F u m&s.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Rubbish offers/prizes this year. Only got a free bag of Percy Pigs and a load of discounts I won't use. Got my shortbread tins in Newry a few weeks back, 3 for £12

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭what the hell!

I thought we'd get something free at least today with it being the last day. 20% off curtains and cushions!

There's the golden prize tomorrow, it had better be something free!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭crayon80

Agreed. The only free item was a chocolate stirrer which was out of stock. only reason I kept opening calendar doors was for the promised prize at the end. It would be marginally less annoying if we didnt know UK customers getting great stuff.

Post edited by crayon80 on

So have we been screwed or can I just not see the golden prize?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Moving2017

Nothing on mine either.

It’s there now… 30% off Christmas Decorations

• Advertisement

Oh god useless!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭crayon80

Those "rewards" were the most useless pile of xxxxxxx. One small free item which wasn't even in stock and you had 7 days to redeem it. Tempted to uninstall.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,849 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I got the Percy pig hot chocolate thing...tried 3 marks...zero stock...zzz

• Registered Users Posts: 40 s.k.w.

I feel like M&S really missed the mark on this surprise thing. Very disappointing.

I have contacted the customer services with feedback about it, not that I think anyone will care.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

Very disappointing from M&S. the sparks offers seem to be poor too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭snowgal

will do the same, they might half take notice! really crap tbh

I haven’t. I suspect they won’t be too fussed, they’ll say 30% off is a deal and that’s that.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,849 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

From reading on a UK forum, they similarly only got one free thing (although some of them were more high value like alcohol) and the rest of the days were percentage discounts like we got. Their golden reward was 30% off decorations too.

They shouldn't have built up the golden reward thing or they should have saved the free item for the golden reward day. It has generated annoyance for me rather than feeling like I got something.

To me its the worst of the rewards apps because theres no consistency in it. I get no better offers when I shop loads or not at all. With other supermarket loyalty cards I earn points/save money/get free things when I shop with them. I got the most high value items from M&S' app this year like I got a candle set, free reusable shopping bags, tea, coffee etc but the loyalty programme hasn't provided me with a reason to shop there.

• Advertisement

I just got a call from M&S in the UK. Will come back to me (agent was new and not familiar with the scheme) very soon... apparently

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Started off well, the overall Sparks thing, for me. Then the offers became extremely sparse, few and far between. I gave them feedback recently about the offers in general, but just got a standard spiel in return.

None of the twelve days offers were much use to me.

I told them that 20% off slippers or curtains in no way was equivalent to some UK customers getting free bottles of gin! Agent said they'd either call or email me very soon. Will keep you posted

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Sappy404

The advent calendar thing hasn't even loaded for me this week. I see a list of the older offers in the normal offers section but nothing new since Sunday. Not that I'm missing much, from the sounds of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭questionmark

Got an email "don't miss out your sparks offer ends tomorrow" which has a survey about the 12 days sparks offers....good opportunity to leave feedback about disappointment

Didn't think this warranted its own thread and this technically has nothing to do with the M&S app but wanted to share regardless.

Sugar in M&S is currently really cheap compared to other shops, a 2kg bag in M&S is €2 and its 1.59 per kilo in Tesco (price matched to Aldi) https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/en-IE/products/256210549 and Dunnes https://www.dunnesstoresgrocery.com/sm/delivery/rsid/258/product/dunnes-stores-granulated-sugar-1kg-100226192 .

Not short dated either the bag I got is best before 05/26

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭eguiney

The 12 days of M&S promotion is back this year.

Open all 12 doors for a chance to win a €5,000 gift card

Everyone will get a free gift, but it could be under any of the doors.

In the overall draw: One winner gets the €5,000; five get €1,000; 2,000 get a fiver

[The UK draw is giving one £10k, 8,000 fivers and 2,000 free products - so better odds here]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Just a quick query regarding Sparks on the app. I was in the nearest M&S store to me on Friday and one offer was 20% off shortbread tins with Sparks app.

I tried to scan at the till but said no offers were available on my app.

I'm going to Belfast next weekend. I assume I would need to sign up for UK sparks account to use up there , similar to Tesco clubcard UK vs Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭minimary

Day one was a dud 20% off wrapping paper and cards but day two I got a free bag of percy pigs and my husband got a free box of cocoa dusted belgian truffles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭EarWig

That's really funny. I was just looking at my tablet on the ground and remembered the M&S app offers. I couldn't be bothered to try it after the day one offer.

So, thanks for the heads up, and I got the box of truffles which are really good.

Advertisement