Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Free money for doing quiz (Answers in thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just did both courses there.. now have €11.45 in DOT

Think I'll just leave it there. Cost me nothing so even if it goes to zero, I've lost nothing. But if it rockets, well.... :D

Cheers OP!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That's great, thanks OP, just made an easy €11.16!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,638 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Still just €4.51 for me.. guess I'll open support chat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Citizen  Six

They'll just tell you that the terms and conditions say they can change the payout to zero if they feel like it. But good luck.

• Advertisement

Let me know how you get on.

Strange how other people doing it today seemed to be getting the higher amount again. I'm going to try again on my partners phone later on tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,003 ✭✭✭Jeff2

You were ripped off mate. I wouldn't stand for that at all. 😊

Got the full amount when I did it on my partners phone. Now I totally feel ripped off!

Converted two thirds to Eth and will see what happens with both. But I doubt crypto is going to go anywhere near where it was last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭crayon80

Thanks op, an excellent spot 👍

I got €11.50 yesterday and thought sure I've nothing to lose with free money so I'll let it sit a while.

Down 11% today 😂

I assume once you actually got the €11.50, Revolut can't reduce the amount afterwards?

After they add it to your wallet, it's unlikely they would take it out again. But I'm sure you agree to terms and conditions that say they can take it if they want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dickdasr1234

Miserable bastards charged me 29c on the transaction so I only got €11.13!

They gotta make their own margin on crypto 😂

I wonder how this affects Dot, seeing as so many people are getting free crypto, and them dumping it straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

Only got €3.87, think it was 50c per course for me

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

And you think the rest of us watched them all do you?😅

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Oh boy, if you guys liked this freebie, you would love coinbase. Same mechanism

Methinks we need a thread dedicated to getting free digital currency

Incidentally as an update when I got in contact with the support they tossed me the same line about "dropping the value of the 9 payments due to excessive popularity", though it literally must have been set like that for 30-45 mins and then was put back to €11.50

Might go full Randy-Karen and demand to "SPEAK TO YOUR MANAGER" 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭gussieg

Just looked at coinbase , wouldn't let me open account, so it ended there.

I kept getting the following response when I discussed this with their support:

"Please note that the rewards are given according to the crypto activity of the user."

I'm assuming the majority here we're like me and had no activity on their crypto prior?

I had a bunch of Etherium, Doge and Bitcoin with them and then dumped it late last year just before it crashed. Bought it when I was drunk one night. 🤣

That might be why they devalued what they offered me by 60%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Isn't this how the whole Cambridge Analytica scandal happened (free money for a survey?) >_<

It is what it's.

right, but I had nothing and got devalued so nah

What happened is that it got too popular, they panicked and set the reward down to €4, then had a change of heart (1 hour later judging by comments here) and put it back to €11.50

Interestingly the T&Cs (which they keep referring to in the chat) also mentions that "You will receive the amount that is specified in the lesson before you start" (i.e. €1.50 per lesson) ... but they also state they can change the amount (not after the fact).

So what should have happened is that the amount shown as a reward should have been changed prior to starting, not changing the amount AFTER you completed the lesson.

Have you read all the terms and conditions?

I just didn't bother. Assumed they'd be really long.

So they said they can change that amount. Which technically means at any time, even after you complete the tasks.

No, there are 2 statements in the T&Cs ( https://www.revolut.com/en-IE/legal/crypto-learn-and-earn )

What reward will I receive?

The reward you will receive for completing a lesson will be shown to you in the Revolut app before starting each lesson. The reward amount you will receive will be denominated in fiat currency (like GBP or Euros), but the reward will be in a cryptocurrency token - for example “€5 of DOT”. 

then later

We may change the reward amount or remove it completely.

So yes they can change the reward amount, but the terms imply that we should SEE that new amount before starting a lesson.

If we see €1.50 before starting a lesson, then "The reward you will receive for completing a lesson will be shown to you in the Revolut app before starting each lesson." says we will receive the reward shown to us before starting the lesson

If they change the amount we should see €0.44 or whatever as the reward before starting the lesson.

Like I know it's only €7.50 we're missing, but the principle is the thing I'm annoyed with here... it's also worrying that Revolut (whom I trusted to this point) seem to be really unreliable if there are issues.

Ah yeah, i don't care that much about the money. It's the principal, like you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭i124Q

Do you get 1.3 Polkadot at the current price or is it 11.50 worth no matter what?

They give you €11.50 worth of dot, a while after completing the tasks. Unless they reduce the amount of euro they have agreed with you previously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭i124Q

Why did I only get 9.50 or about that?

Advertisement