Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Free money for doing quiz (Answers in thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Thanks for the 11.20!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭downtheroad

They could argue its income, you could argue its capital. No capital gains tax due on gains less than €1270 in a year. Will Revenue chase us all for a CGT return for €11 gain, who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Sorry - I shouldn't have set return as it is of course under the €1270. In theory you're supposed to declare it, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

Took about 5 mins or so.

Literally FREE money.

Sold the DOT for €11.17.

Very simple.

Thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭downtheroad

Ah no fair play for highlighting it. And you could technically say its income, not capital. If Revenue chase this down the country has much bigger problems, but they do work in mysterious ways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Nice one OP I'm not crypto savvy is it worth leaving it alone and see what happens or is it better value to take the 11 odd Euro and run, a quick google tells me it was worth over 50 euro a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Nice one OP money money money!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Alonzo Mosley

Super tip OP best bargain alert ever !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Easy money, thank you very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Just having a pint at the bar here and took me 5 mins.

Just paid for my next two 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Thanks a million OP.

How do I take it out now and put it in cash balance?

It's grand. got it.

Thanks again OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭mumo3

any chance of telling me... ive no idea how to either sell it, or just transfer it

Edit... got it 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭omega42

Got 11.19 WAHOO

as an FYI with the op's answers you can just scroll to the end of the page straight away and take the quiz. For the Videos you can fast-forward them to the end and then take the quiz.

Is this just a ploy to drive up the price of the crypto currency? The currency is trading up over the lst few days, a month ago it was trading at 6.9343 and now its 8.6227. I get the feeling that revolut are holding the currency themselves

Is this just a ploy to drive up the price of the crypto currency? The currency is trading up over the lst few days, a month ago it was trading at 6.9343 and now its 8.6227. I get the feeling that revolut are holding the currency themselves

No, the offer's been available for about 4 months, and similar offers often pop up elsewhere, e.g. Coinbase and the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Thanks OP! A great bargain alert.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭nemefuria

Thanks OP! Not only for the alert to the bargain but went through the trouble of providing the answers. Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭KilOit

I had great fun playing with the Coinbase free money in 2020-2021 traded free 15€ to over 300€, considered it play money, and just bought dips then sold into usdc on pumps and repeated the process. got bored mid-2021 and just left it there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭gussieg

Just came into say thanks this will make-up for the money I lost buying doge.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭jamesd

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Doh! I did it after trying to get the answers, got my €11.15 after 20 mins and then saw all the answers were on here! Anyway, easy money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Thanks OP.

Fantastic thread.

Great, simple step by step instructions, and answers.

This should be a template as to how to post a bargain alert.

I give this 3 thumbs up.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭thegetawaycar

Thanks OP, just converted it to Turkish Lira and my netflix is sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,732 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Go raibh mile maith agat OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Celtic_Eagle

I did it just now however my DOT value was only worth €4.41 when converted? is that how much the value has dropped since yesterday or have i missed a trick?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,885 ✭✭✭cletus

There seems to be varying levels on money you get, anything up to the 11 euro and change.

I did it and got about 4.50, and that was before the arse fell out of them in the summer

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Did you do both sets of quizzes? I think one set gives you around €4 and the other around €7.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭gerrykeegan

Thanks OP. I foolishly watched all the videos to the end and only now realised you can drag the progress bar across to speed everything up.

Great free money

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Celtic_Eagle

Yes, i did both sets, i got €2 for one set and €2.50 for the other and by the time i sold them they had reduced slightly in value?

Maybe it is like the referral bonus and changes from time to time in the amount? or it could be related to the fact i already own Crypto via revolut.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Any idea how long it takes to show up in the portfolio? It shows the following in the learn section.

Crypto Basics - Earned €4 in DOT

Polkadot - Earned €7.50 in DOT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Citizen  Six

Yeah, I was about to ask the same question!

Advertisement