Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you know your Blood Type?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Type B

Bneg here.

Always try to have a steak before going to donate and then make sure I stuff my face with chocolate and biscuits afterwards to get value for blood.

Only ever had one bad experience donating and that was when I had a 4 month old at home and was probably sleep deprived, and generally not looking after myself. Fainted at the table after taking an age to donate the minimum amount, which was lack of hydration apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,886 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

The pencils are still there! And last time I got a funky little keyring LED torch, there's usually some little knick knacks to take.

The Guinness (or Harp, if I remember rightly, that was your choice) was always pretty manky, but it was kind of cool to get it anyway!

They have scaled back the after-donation refreshments these days, not sure how much is down to covid restrictions that just haven't been properly lifted, but the cafe is gone, there's just the biccies/crisps/bars and water now.

I recently started donating again after about 5 years of not, and I'm delighted to be back in the swing of it.

I've seen loads of messages on SM that they're desperately short of blood this weather - so anyone out there who's dithering, please just do it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,066 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I'm the same, was told that its quite rare, circa 2% of the population, and I should donate. Unfortunately both times I went, they were unable to get any blood!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,858 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Type A

A+.

Have donated platelets a few times. Had no idea until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,873 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

If you don’t drink can you get two pencils ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement