Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you know your Blood Type?

Options
  • 09-08-2022 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Ouch Chinese Byrne

Do you know your Blood Type? 87 votes

Type A
    13%
    MarkRBadly Drunk BoyZebra3Posypawrickmocerijanedoe007picturehangupPadre101Martina1991PauliedragonSourSessions 12 votes
    Type B
    13%
    StarkMr. CooL ICEInnervisionmurpho999youngbloodAmziebaktagblacklillyRustyman101wildwillowskinnyfriesStrawbsM 12 votes
    Type AB
    8%
    AglomeradoWibbsgrind gremlinorionm_73timmyntcLewis_BensonTonesjones 7 votes
    Type O
    27%
    Ger RoeL1011charlesantoRedXIVcoleentampopoSuperS54GorteenHoop66CiniOkuro2kLeakingLavalazeedaisyGarzardantfinsandbelterLena11Immortal StarlightShirlywhirlJim_Hodge 24 votes
    No idea
    36%
    JulezelefantdjdunnyGreyfoxSqueeonlinehowamidifferentpappyodanielfundot123Potential-MonkeanonanymorepaddysdreamDempo1Atlantic DawnItssoeasyrichboArtyCCiaranMcDCFCgameoverdudeflexconDial Hard 32 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Ouch Chinese Byrne

No idea

How do you find out the easy way without donating blood?

• *Public Poll*

What's your game, OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,606 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

There’s no way of finding out with blood being taken so you may as well donate it and ask them to tell you.

Won’t cost you anything either.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 13,864 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

No idea

I always intend to ask the doc every time I go there, but I always forget. Doesn't help I don't have a specific doctor and mainly use the walk in clinics, because all local doctors are full up. Also, I haven't been sick in over a year, a new record. WFH, un-social, it all adds to better health!

I also don't donate, I'm pretty sure I can't because I smoke weed.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭HerrKapitan

Which third parties are buying this information?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,534 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Type O

Just as important to know if you're rhesus + or -.

Particularly when having kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I know both my blood and rhesus type and donate blood.

That's all you're getting!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Yeah, just go donate some blood. It's a good thing to do. I can't understand why anyone wouldn't know their own blood type.

O+

I actually got a call one time to come in and give blood because a newborn kid needed donations urgently. So yeah, give blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

Type B

Your blood type generally isn't stated if for instance you do a blood test with your GP.

One sure way of finding out is by donating blood as others have said. It doesn't take long and saves countless lives every year. There's been a real shortage of blood donations over the past year or two.

Im pretty certain you can donate if you smoke weed, if that's all that's stopping you, you could call the IBTS to check it out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Type A

I'm a negative person. I mean...I'm an A- person.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

What's the really rare blood type ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭dmc17

• Registered Users Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

No idea

Blue blood like a spider.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 6,587 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Mine is red.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,963 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

No idea

Interesting question & I should know as I have to get bloods done regularly for year's, (Thyroid disease) & connected issues & now diagnosed with Diabetes, its actually funny (if that's the right expression) I've never thought to ask 🙄, will now,

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Tonesjones

Type AB

You can donate if you smoke weed. If I remember correctly it's 3 or 4 days after. Could be less.

Youl get a great sense of having done a good deed afterwards and will randomly recieve a text message someday soon after saying your blood has been sent to one of the hospitals for use. I donated twice. Messages were Beaumont and Cork hospitals. It's a great feeling again when you get the message.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

• Registered Users Posts: 34,609 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You can buy home test kits. Did one myself last year as a matter of interest and apparently I'm B Negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭pawrick

Type A

A+ for me and my partner is O- aka a universal donor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

AB+

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭beachhead

The rarest blood type is Rhnull.The exact njumber of people with it is unknown but guesstimate is 50 people on the planet.

Of the 8 main blood types AB negative is the rarest followed by B negative;A negative;O negative and AB positive.In Ireland approximately 5% of the population have O negative and of AB negative it is 7%.All the other types are much more common.O negative is always required by hospitals.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,629 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

• I had no idea home kits exist.

I'm gonna get one as I've always been curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Type A

Not sure about the weed thing. I donate regularly and the only question I've ever been asked about drugs is if I've injected any. I've donated a few days after coke before and was told no problem. Was a different country though might be different rules here.

No idea

I was a blood donor until I was diagnosed as diabetic (Type B) over a decade ago - seemingly I can't donate blood any more, although it's fully under control and my blood-sugars are always within the "normal" levels. If the situation around donations has changed then I'd be delighted to know.

No idea

Not sure, although I hear that The Transylvanain Vampire Collective are following this thread with great interest.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I'm one of the rare blood type so I donate as often as I can. I don't like needles so I look away when they are doing it. Once it's in, I'm grand.

It doesn't take long to do and if your donation gets used, you get a text to tell you which hospital used it. One Christmas mine got used in Crumlin, presumably on a kid and it was nice thinking that some kid might have had a slightly better Christmas because of the transfusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Type O

Oh, OP, you're in the pocket of Big Blood Type. It's all a scam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

bring back the free Guinness and pencils and I may consider donating again

Advertisement