Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renewable Energy Photo Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭jasgrif11

40 panels in total.

Still have room for 4 more on west facing roof and could fit 6 on east facing but funds have dried up for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭AmpMan

I like the inverter cooling idea and I'm going to do it .

but if something did catch fire you could be fanning the flames 😕.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Great day yesterday!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Not mine, passed by and snapped a photo

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭irishchris

Cracking day in galway hitting 51kwh. September so far is way above August generation but obviously expect it to start tailing off now as month progresses as it head into autumn

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

I've already seen my peak power dip from the may/June peak

Low angle panels are starting to hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

3 x 30kWh+ days in a row and another expected today.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭eltoastero

Same. 2.4kW peak from a 3.4kW array (the last few days have been cloudless days, makes for a nice power curve).

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭ColemanY2K

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 64,977 ✭✭✭✭unkel

The ultimate beauty would be the same shape graph but taken around 21st June 😎

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,760 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

hi folks,

people that have used the enniskillen based co, how neat are they? i am looking to minimise any messing with the house, so the main components will be in the attic but to connect back to the fuseboard i dont want cables trunked through the house rather i want them to go outside, down beside a down pipe and back in through the wall, have had similar done with ev charger so the route is there as long as they are conducive to that kind of thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Scoopsire

@Cyrus they ran mine as you describe - external trunking from the soffit then drilled in next to the fuseboard

Running a little temporary array with some damaged panels.

Was later on in the afternoon before up and running, all connected to a 4 port microinverter

Left to right all similar angle/aspect I measured the current from them. Microinverter seems to hold all panels at the same voltage. About 30v

1) 4.5amps

2) 4.4 amps

3) 2.9 amps (most damaged)

4) 5.5 amps (least damaged)

Even damaged panels can perform.

am i right in saying the switch on the far right of the photo is the isolator for the battery?

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

Picked up a few of these today...

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭The devils

What will you use them for ? (are they car battery modules)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,626 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

The red and yellow switch on the right is the AC isolator.

They are battery modules used in the Tesla Model S and Tesla Model X. 5.3kWh, 24V, 25kg

Not quite sure how many I am going to keep, how many I am going to just play with or how many I will actually deploy! One project I have in mind is to make a serious e-JerryCan. A range extender if you will. One of these bricks would give about 25-30km extra range to any EV if you couple it to a suitable pure sine inverter and bring your granny cable with you too

...and to the right of that is what looks like a trip switch which is what I was referring to.

The reason I ask is I have put together the kit I need for my array (based off a shopping list builder a reputable solar supplier has on their website) but that little trip switch I do not have and just wondering what it is? Is it only required if you have batteries?

That looks like the meter the solis uses to measure the grid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭con747

That's it there. I have one on my system. Solis.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Thanks folks 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭P2C

Check out the plastic tubs for mounting. I know a friend got a system with the plastic tubs weighted down by blocks cheaper than my roof mount system from the same well known solar PV installers in enniskillen . Obvious less labour. He put the base in himself

We have finally joined the party 😁

7.79kWp array at an azimuth of 180 degrees.

String 1 is a 4.92kWp ground mount array (tilting) and string 2 is a 2.87kWp array mounted on the garden shed. 5kW hybrid Solis inverter. No battery just yet.

Like all DIY projects there's a few snags like having to fit the tilting mechanism and moving about 20 ton of top soil away from the front of ground mount.

Special thanks to the boardsies for the advice. I'd have been lost without it.

In the end the electrician was done and dusted in less than 4 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭The devils

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Great setup, now expand!!!!!😎

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

i'm already eyeing up the west facing lean-to roof on the well house. it easily take 3 maybe 4 panels on micro inverters lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭jumpin jack

My DIY solar project

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭jumpin jack

Very impressive, can you post some photos of the back of the array please?

• Advertisement

jeez that's amazing. as a second roof it'll also prolong the life of the garage.

Advertisement