Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you be comfortable being roommates with a drug user?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Crystal meth is very unusual in Ireland, you are right about ket though seems to be a surge in its use at the moment.

I've heard messing with non heroin opioids is a bit of a thing now in Ireland. Although could be bullsh1t.

If true, talk about playing with fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'd take a weed smoker over a drinker any day. And a coffee drinker if I'm being honest, demons without their juice... Ket was a laugh when I tried it, but finding out about the k-hole has basically turned me off it, not my scene anymore anyway. I wouldn't be too pushed on someone being a "mad bastard" and living with them, but the occasional sesh I wouldn't be bothered by, so long as they understood I would be laughing at them all through their skags.

Then again, I don't think I could live with people again. I like my me time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Brid Hegarty

I used to have a guy who smoked weed I lived with. Although he didn't smoke it inside, I think that he used the gas from the hob to heat it and break it apart in order to make the joint. Am I right? Is that how they do it. Because he did this, it would release the smell of the stuff around the house. I'd often find myself thinking "do I smell weed?". Then I'd think that it must be my imagination. But then I'd realise that I wouldn't suspect it unless I smelled it.

I made him and his buddy smoke it in the garden. I always got the impression that the buddy just smoked it as a favour to him so he wouldn't feel bad about smoking alone. One night his buddy was away and he said to me "can I ask you a question?" and followed it with "have you ever smoked weed?". You can guess where he wanted that to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Stay the **** away from people who are into illegal stuff, it just brings cops or criminals into your orbit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Ah c'mon now. The Grass that's around these days absolutely reeks. Hash, on the other hand , does smell rather lovely- mellow, like the way it makes you feel. Only a complete tosser would smoke Grass indoors in a shared house. You wouldn't want to smoke indoors even if you live alone because you and your home and everything you own will stink.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Does it work, Missy? I was thinking of trying it for migraine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

It didn't work for me unfortunately, but some people say it's brilliant, no harm in trying it out I guess

I wouldn't mind too much but it would depend on the drug. A bit of weed or hash? No bother and I might join you. Cocaine and heroin would be a definite no. Of course it would depend on the person as well and how they are when taking the drug and their general lifestyle.

The smell of weed doesn't bother me at all. If much prefer it to manky cigarettes.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭laoisgem

Is hash a thing nowadays? all I hear of is weed 🤢

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

It can still be got, but it's still not the quality it should be. Better than the soapbar days, but still not top shelf. Still nothing like a nice bud spliff though.

Advertisement