Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Yes. The grant Tesla appt for is the €5k off the car or whatever it is nowadays.

You look after the charger yourself, like with any other car you buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Hope Tesla supplied the registration numbers soon, unable to obtain any insurance without it. Not even sure how to drive off if i receive the registration on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

You can get insurance with the VIN for new cars.

tried all the big ones, they all said they can't without the registration unfortuantely

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭whykay

That's what my broker said as well, insurance companies will not give you time or day if you don't have a car reg, vin is not enough.

You only get car reg from Tesla once the final payment is received, and the final invoice requires this registration number.

This is from an email with my Tesla contact today.

So we put through a small payment to see if the amount owed goes down when I check my account. We will be paying in instalments (we are paying cash as we took a car loan out directly from AIB).

He also sent me a text msg with my vin as confirmation, so that's also official.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

For info, I’ve just got the below comms from Tesla re payment via my 3rd party lender. I’ve sent it onto Finance Ireland.

Note, I’ve still only paid the €250 booking deposit.

Got the same text, what contact did you use for them? All i could find is the info@ email

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Transferred the money today for our car. No backing out now :)

having the collection date has made it all real now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Same as you I’ve fired off an email to see what if anything needs doing, I get the impression Tesla will update FI with the invoice that this is just an automated thingy

You may have to stay with your current insurer avail of the bin option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

When am I likely to receive the trade in value? I have the collection date so hopefully it’s soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Sold my current car today.

Should I let my insurance company know or hang on till the new car arrives and move the policy over?

When are you due the new car?

I've done that in the past where i knew i would be waiting a few days or a week at most, but if any longer i'd call them and ask them to freeze it until the new car arrives.

Mate of mine in the same boat. Model 3 ordered (collection booked - not even in Sandyford apparently) and awaiting trade in valuation. He's trading in a 4 year old bimmer so it's going to make up a large part of the payment for the car. No valuation received yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Redfox25

They might be hoping you sell it yourself and click no trade in. Less work for them.

Ofc that's just my take on it. I sold mine in the time it took for a trade in quote and then clicked no trade in to move it along.

They may also be swamped with lots and lots of requests too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

For info, I had intended to trade-in my current car against the Model 3 and got 2 valuations from Tesla (23k & 21,850). I wasn’t happy with the offer, so I ended up selling it myself back to a main dealer for cash (24.5k).

I would therefore recommend contacting a few BMW dealers and get their best cash offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Payment has hit my Tesla Account. All that’s left to is to collect

Post edited by Boscoirl on

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭alan kelly

Got a phone call today saying September is a strong possibility if I want it despite previously hoping for it in January. App is still telling me between November and January.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cogan1

Have my new dates, slightly pushed to Sept like most of us here had. Sept 9th and 12:30pm. Just waiting on the AIB Hire Purchase finance to get approved and I should get the VIN assigned then im guessing.

Just for anyone interested, I got an insurance quote from 123.ie with RSA for the Model 3 and i've been quoted €482 fully comp which I found really good considering the value of the car.

Heard back from FI it’s a generic txt that was sent out, once your deposit is paid and the car registered Tesla will invoice FI who will process the digital contract and e-signing etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Ordered M3 yesterday. MSM with aeros. Got EDD Aug26 - Sep09. Changed today to Sep08 - Sep22. Had been waiting on Leaf delayed July to Octo (no guarantee), so likely to scrap that idea, get deposit back and go with M3. Short notice to get the deposit ready though.😑

Stay Free

Just apply the Man Maths formulas, makes complete fiscal sense to buy an M3, no offence to any Leaf owners but there’s no competition between the 2, great colour choice

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭JOL1

Can you spot your car?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Man maths worked. Deposit is pretty much sorted now. Selling the 2012 Leaf to FiL as a run around. They are already Leaf owners. Going for 4k. Could have got 6-7 for it, but now we have the car until M3 arrives and we paid 5k 5 years ago for it. Happy out!

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭jusmeig

See lots of Black and White, actually didn't see a blue 🤣

PHD in man mats and fiscal gymnastics, fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭comerla

Anyone else still waiting on a final trade in offer from Tesla?

I am within 30 days of delivery date and still don’t have a final offer from them. Sent them updated odometer meter, pics etc two weeks ago.

Yes my friend is in the same boat. Has finance approval etc but still no trade in valuation. I told him it would probably be easier to just sell the car himself but no dice.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Daithi88

Same situation here - sent in updated details and photos of logbook 2 weeks ago.

In the meantime, I have approached the dealer I bought the car from (bought from new in 2019) and have received a pretty good price from them.

Only thing holding me back is I cant really be without a car until the 06-September, but I'm sure I'd find a way if the Tesla trade in price came back a few grand less than the Audi price!

I'm kind of feel in no mans land at the minute!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Damian83

Yes I'm still waiting. I was told by Tesla they will issue the final trade in value within 30 days of delivery. My Edd is 2nd to 16th September so I'm expecting it to be sorted this week.

Advertisement