Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 col_m999

Wow the one time I ignore a text from tesla cause I was busy 🙃 😒. Got 16th for a finish!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Daithi88

Booked in for collection 06-September.

Could not change the day, but there were a number of time slots available. Even one at 8pm that evening..

Went for 12.30pm so can make a day if it!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 col_m999

Guy from maidenhead raised my expectations way too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Nothing earlier blah blah blah no real problem happy with a Saturday slot makes the week easier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Whoot, congrats. Nothing yet for me...still reading

Estimated Delivery: September 13 - September 27

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭fungie

Collecting on the 6th!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭supue

16th September was showing for me earlier, booked in for early afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭whykay

Delivery date confirmed for Fri Sep 9. Still no final invoice from them, I've been chasing them down the past week! Just take ma money! 😫

We are paying cash (took out car loan directly with AIB)

And they are still using my RN instead of my VIN even though they confirmed my VIN when I rang them a couple of weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭comerla

Collection date for me is the 7th. MSM RWD black interior

Post edited by comerla on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Collecting the 9th @2pm. Was heading to Kildare that day anyway for a wedding.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Handy check sheet for anyone collecting cars.

https://teslaprep.glideapp.io/

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

I took the 16th but thinking now I should have took the 15th. That extra day may haunt me closer to the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭supue

What address determines the registration county of the car - the one under registration details in completed tasks or the one under profile in the dashboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭JOL1

Relax. You have all you need. It’s as though you are swapping one worry for another. You have your slot so try any enjoy the journey !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

Pretty sure the registration details in completed tasks will determine the county of registration.

Reconcile both unless you have a specific reason why they should not be aligned. Having said that I would image "Registration Details" would be the defining factor a that is your instruction to Tesla as regards registration ...DUH

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭dmaprelude

Collecting on 16th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 frankthetank83

Anybody know how many M3 & MY are likely to be delivered in Q3? I know this group has plenty of eager folk ready for their M3/Ys but was interested in the whole country - will the deliveries they missed in Q2 likely be combined with normal Q3 deliveries? So maybe like over 1,000 cars?? Just looking at historic registration patterns and obviously Tesla go against the grain in that they need to deliver by end of quarter to satisfy shareholders!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 col_keaney

Is there a chance that the confirmed delivery dates could slip again or are they pretty much guaranteed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,506 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Generally once a lot of folk get the texts and book slots it's pretty set in stone (barring the ship sinking or you not completing tasks in your account)

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

What's curious is that I've still to hear anything from Finance Ireland. I assume I'm approved since i have a delivery slot but I've received no communication from them whatsoever since applying.

Follow up question: who are you guys going with for insurance?

Insurance quotes is a very individual thing depending on User profile, age, history, co claims bonus etc so its hard to generalise. I shopped around (quite a difference in quotes) but selected 123.ie who were very competitive....may just have been my profile!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

Agree 123 were most competitive for me also...

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭alfa_aficionado

How flexible are Tesla with delivery? I'm only getting a choice of 3 days, neither of which suit really as I'm coming from the other side of the country! Can you get a different date by ringing them or emailing someone in particular?

Alliance for me. €236 on the P90D Ludicrous and €396 on the M3P.

There’s no system to it. It’s user risk profile V company risk profile for any given month.

Regarding the SEAI grant application, I am currently renting so left the MPRN number empty on the questionnaire. Support are telling me I need to enter it or the application may be rejected. Will this tie me to the rented address for the home charger?

No.

You don’t need an EV to get the home charger grant.

I take it the home charger grant is separate from the EV grant that Tesla apply for (on your behalf)? Do you apply for the home charger grant yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

Advertisement