Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Doctor Bojangles

Does anyone know how long would it take to be matched up with these?

I ordered my Model Y Feb 5th and still no sign so hoping with a bit of luck I might get one of these

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭dmigsy

My M3 VIN is now available in the app. No reg number yet. June 10th delivery date

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

My mate has a VIN the last few weeks too. 21 May - 5 June window. MYLR in QS.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Not going to argue, there's at least one M3 with chrome that Tesla haven't made in yrs

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Latro

I think you are mistaking chrome trim with whitish protection sticker that will be removed before delivery.

Also, below is silver color comparison from youtube.

The one on the right is quicksilver which is very close or the same to the unit on the transporter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Ir3

they’re all brand new Ys, and as said above it’s protective material over the black.

The black trim gets delivered with a protective film that’s removed in the garage/baldonnel.

These are brand new cars. No argument.

And furthermore, there ain’t a single M3 on that truck. All MY’s.

yes that’s normal. I’d remove the caps and get the silver allows refurbed in gun barrel grey.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

My bad folks!!! 😔

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Just in relation to the 150km Supercharging credit, I used the Supercharger in Birdhill today and I topped up my more than 150km and dint get charged so was happy with that.

Quick question - I have the FSD trial on my M3 Highland, and was using it today on the motorway but couldn’t get the lane change to work. I will indicating to change lane, the lane was clear but the car wouldn’t change lanes and then would cancel out of the autosteer. Was I doing something wrong, or is this feature not working in the EU at all? Apologies for the n00b question….

• Advertisement

You have to give the steering wheel a slight nudge. Just enough to notice but not enough that the car thinks you’re taking control.

It’s basically an EAP feature that I use daily as FSD is not available here yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭gossamerfabric

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/tesla-doing-damage-control-discounts-european-fleet-buyers-2024-05-20/

Tesla yo-yo pricing is alienating large fleet buyers so they are trying to do something about it.

Our company won't allow us to buy Tesla because they would have too much exposure on the value of the cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,724 ✭✭✭✭josip

What brands does your company allow you to buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 90pinions

Anyone that has accepted 2024 Model Y in Dublin recently - are there any sort of mud flaps / guards behind the wheels or no? Getting it in black so conscious it will need them.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭imavi02

You only get small ppf on rear doors and front mudflaps, also carpet mats. You would need to order aftermarket rear mudflaps if you need a one.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭md23040

Hello picking up MY RWD this Saturday and do not have the reg yet. Had a quote initially for the Model Y from Aviva for €461 fully comp that expired April as the car delayed on delivery. Went back to the Aviva website this evening and the website will not quote for the vehicle. Went on a random comparison website and got quoted nearly €1100. Like what’s up, crazy quote. Generally has Aviva stopped quoting for Teslas in the last few weeks. I have full no claims, over 50 and had been previously insured with Aviva as a bundled car deal. Who else do people recommend or what rates are you getting. Completely flummoxed by this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Aviva wouldn’t quote me on the M3H either would Zurich. I got a quote from Allianz which was very competitive compared to others.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

Marty Bird you’re a life saver. Got something more exspensive than Aviva quote but much more reasonable than the rest and can live with.!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭John arse

What’s the issue with insurance exactly folks?

Had a quote from Aviva for €461 that expired in April. Went on to their website, put in the details and they could not quote. Shopped around and Chill came back with Aviva as their cheapest at €1100. Managed to secure provisionally over €600 with Allianz but will ring a broker recommended by a work colleague that drives an EV too.Have had a bundle deal for years with Aviva with second car and house etc. Genuinely shocked at it.

Removed Aviva quote in case it breaks forum rules.

• Advertisement

You won’t believe put in the same details for a Tesla 3 2024 and the price came back as €310. So they will quote for a Tesla 3 model but not a Tesla Y anymore

How strange is that!? What’s the logic there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭rx8

I'm with Aviva and have 2 cars and the house with them. My premium is €310 on a MY. 2nd year on it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

There are a couple of theories. One is that it’s more difficult and expensive to repair a Tesla after a crash: Tesla can drag their feet trying to get spare parts off them. This means that the insurance company has to give courtesy cars for longer or are more likely to write them off.
    I’ve heard insurance companies are worried about teslas novel security, like using the phone as access.
    Probably the biggest reason is the speed and acceleration of a Tesla. They can be in the same league as higher end or M class BMW’s which are also difficult to insure due to the increased risk of accidents from inexperienced drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

If that was true then quotes for M3 would be affected as well and the poster above has just shown that isn't the case.

MY buyers generally: (a) Older, (b) stepping up from older vehicles, ( c) being caught out by the larger dimensions and poor turning circle of the MY compared to what they're used to.

Pranging the MY all over Ireland giving rise to a lot of small but expensive bodywork repairs that the insurance companies are now noticing.

Have seen 2 underground carpark MY grazes in the last week alone.

If it helps anyone, we got the best quote (by a distance) off The AA. Have been with Zurich and Aviva in the past. Waiting on reg plate myself before Saturday so I can make the switch - don't want to be left to the last second and have to rush through an overpriced premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Seb21

Due to collect on Saturday but no sign of reg yet to sort insurance. When should I expect it?

I got an email back from Tesla rep this morning saying it should land 48 hours before as I had queried about it with my collection also due Satruday. So I am expecting it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ULEZ23

• Advertisement

Reg has come through on the app for Saturday collection. Btw contacted Tesla today and was speaking to rep about the need to have the reg plate to get car insurance. Told him about the issues with Aviva not quoting for Model Y car but quoting really cheap for Model 3 . He said he used to work in car insurance, and with Tesla theres a higher incidence of accidents with the 3 compared to the Y and that makes no sense. Said to him sure when did car insurance companies ever seem sensible, and he said yeah that’s true enough.

Btw as the second car still part of the bundled car deal with Aviva tried to swap the Mini for the MY and again it prevented completion, did the same for the S and prevented completion, changed to M3 Long Range and confirmed it could be swapped over for no additional charge.

Advertisement