Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Break80

Can't edit my post with my phone.

May/June

• Registered Users Posts: 13,699 ✭✭✭✭josip

13/1/23 we were given a window of Feb-Apr

31/1/23 that was revised to Feb-Mar

11/3/23 we got a tight 2 week window of Apr 25 - May 10

20/3/23 that changed to Apr-May

7/4/23 we got a VIN and it again reverted to Apr 25 - May 10

First week in May we collected our car and have enjoyed driving it ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭FaaF

Either Elon is monitoring your posts or it's related to the piracy in the Red Sea resulting in boats having to travel down around Africa as opposed to going through the Suez Canal.

These are difficult times to estimate delivery times from China as it's a fluid situation and there will come a point where ships are safe to travel through the Suez Canal but nobody can predict when.

Of course, you don't face such issues with goods manufacturered in Germany - but you pay up for that privilege in a big way.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭mun1

Id say tesla will be devastated to lose your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Zoom Zoom

This is one of the best posts I've read on here over the past 4 weeks. @Break80 - it's not that we don't understand it is a bit frustrating for you. But rather you have unrealistic expectations IMO. I bought a new eGolf in Feb 2020 and the VW dealer said "It will likely take about 3 months, I'll call you a couple of weeks before I have it here so you can arrange collection". True to form, I got a call in May 2020 and took delivery inside a week. When did it arrive, on what boat (Marty Bird I'm looking at you 😁), how long did it take car carriers to get it to NVD, when they signed off and released it for VW to collect... this takes 4-6 weeks, none of which I had a clue about. Tesla could learn from this I think since, while attempting to be transparent with an estimated date in the App, are shooting themselves in the foot and diappointing us all here when slots are missed. We bought a new Ioniq 5 in Feb 2022 and the dealer said "I have the following options here which would you like" so the process was much quicker. Break 80, my advice is contact Tesla about an inventory car, place an order for it, and you will take delivery inside 2-4 weeks. Countless others in this Forum have taken this approach and it worked. I hope this works out for you. Lastly from my persective: I placed an order for a Model 3 on Jan 24th. The Delivery advisor has been excellent and very prompt with the paperwork & payment details, and if I take delivery in the next 2 weeks as forecast it will have been an 8-9 week window start to finish... I'm very pleased about that. If it's dirty, I'll get them to pay to clean it. If it's low on charge, I'll plug it in 😉.

• Advertisement

Stupid comment TBF.

All I'm saying is, take the guesswork out of it.

When I ordered in Dec. tesla could have said 6 month wait which would be acceptable or not if you didn't want to wait.

Checking an ever changing app isn't good business IMO.

They can't take the guesswork out of... well... guesswork. That's why it's called "estimated". But I think we broadly agree on that front. Did you go with a particularly bespoke combination of Model 3? No need to disclose if you don't feel comfortable to. For transparency I ordered a white RWD with the standard photon 18" wheels... maybe that's why I'm scheduled to get it before you. The other thought which may or may not help: did you fill out the SEAI form ASAP and subsequently have you made the payment, or are you holding off on the latter? Again for transparency I filled all the forms out very swiftly, got the IBAN details, secured a green loan of 6.4% APR from AIB (better than Tesla partner 6.9% offer), and paid the Tesla in full. I subsequently got my VIN accordingly. If you missed any of these steps, that might explain the delay. My gut feel is some cars will come available on inventory so if you check that regularly you could reserve one of those and collect it by the end of March https://www.tesla.com/en_IE/inventory/new/m3

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Legits

LOL I am buying inventory and they have missed 3 delivery dates and issued 13 incorrect invoices. I am due to collect the car Wednesday at 11am. After they cancelled the collection that was due this morning at 4:50pm on Firday.

All they have told me is they are trying to resolve a registration issue they sent me the wrong car reg which I spent €90 on changing insurance to.

I have had no update today so I really doubt I will even get it Wednesday. Its abysmal..

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Brian_dub_

Mine has gone from April/may to May/june. I ordered on Jan 5th

Mine is RWD in Stealth Grey with 19' nova wheels.

I don't know about the SEAI form. I presume that was done when we ordered the car, I'd better check tomorrow.

We paid the deposit and will pay the balance when advised to do so.

Thanks for the heads up on SEAI maybe that's the problem but we done everything we were advised to do in the showroom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭Jofspring

What number do people use for the delivery advisor? Is it the landline in Dublin?

Still no budge since the delivery date disappeared so wouldn't mind a quick call to them tomorrow to see if it is in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭djmj

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Good luck getting talking to a delivery adviser they are completely unresponsive in my experience. The reps on the phone are usually helpful though

I checked out https://stats.beepbeep.ie/ yesterday. Tesla managed to deliver 247 Model 3s between February 14th and 29th, in addition to 100 Model Ys once that stat code issued was resolved later in the month. So if the Malacca Highway did indeed have the 400 Teslas indicated, and landed Feb 29th as it did, then if the car carriers transport them quickly enough to Citywest it sounds like Tesla will deliver all 400 this month. YTD the best-selling EV in Ireland is the Kona at a very unremarkable 470 units in total. Last month was a poor month for BEVs in Ireland overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Seb21

Anyone with a March-April delivery window for Model Y RWD get a delivery date yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Bigus

I saw 3 separate larger truckloads of Model Y’s heading south on the M50 today around 3 pm Monday 4 march .

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Brian_dub_

I know white is the most common colour due to the price difference, but I wonder is ordering black, or one of the 2 new colours likely to lead to a longer wait time. someone mentioned on the uk owners forum that they have run out of the new red paint and arent doing any at the moment.

I ordered stealth grey, I'd happily take black if it was offered on a quicker delivery or a cancelled order.

Email this morning the car is in Dublin but the bumper was damaged by them when moving it. They said they will fix but have no ETA on when it would be done. Waiting to talk to someone on the phone as the email was vague. Anyone any experience of this before?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 90pinions

Not yet Seb, I ordered Model Y RWD grey with 20" wheels - delivery window changed from Apr - May to Mar - Apr but nothing else on it. Tbf, we only ordered it on Sat 24th Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 caiconafita

I'd say the color might cause some delays. I also ordered the grey and I know people that ordered other colours after me that got the car already.

I will stick to the stealth grey tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

I think you’re the second person on the this board that needs a bumper replacement.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭KLF

Put down an order for a MYRWD white on 19s as the ETA says March to April. Finance Ireland approved the PCP so fingers crossed it will come in before the end of March for the 0% APR.

I'm not in desperate need of a second car as I WFH but I have just moved to rural Meath and the missus taking the car to the train station for two or three days has already become a hassle if I want to go anywhere. Worth a shot, if they can't do 0% because it didn't arrive in March then I'll just cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 caiconafita

EDD updated to May-Jun now. WTF!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,699 ✭✭✭✭josip

That 'could' mean that they've now allocated all the cars in the Q1 shipment so you won't now be matched against a car until the Q2 shipment. However some of those buyers already matched against Q1 cars will cancel. Those cancelled cars will be either be matched against existing reservation holders (unlikely) or be put into Inventory to try and attract additional customers (more likely).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

There are plenty of reasons to laud Tesla but also to detract from them. Objectively, one thing they are really poor at is the management of delivery, in particular comms and expectation setting. Effectively their model is sell any configuration ahead of time, then allocate at some point in the future from a big delivery of various configurations of car.

This delivery model has pros and cons but I truly believe it can be a much better experience if Tesla make a few small changes in how they manage it.

Such a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭judgefoozle

I can't figure out if the customer service is just really bad, or they're just incompetent. Most likely though, they think they don't need to put any effort in, so why bother.

I had been trying to line up a test drive for the last couple of weeks for this morning - for both a 3 and Y.

Assured it was possible and I'd get an email and a phone call to confirm everything. No call or email.... so i gave up last Friday.

This morning they rang 40mins before the requested time to confirm things and ask me to send copies of driving license... i live over an hour from the test centre. jokeshop stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Ha yeah, at least they are flagging it to you ahead of time. I just found the damage when I turned up to collect. I reported it there and took the car. They are replacing the bumper on Thursday, as well as the PPF which was all yellow, and the speaker grill at the windscreen. It was buckled and deformed. In fairness they added that to the service request themselves, so must be a known issue/recall. I hadn’t noticed it until I went looking for it after seeing it added

• Advertisement

WTF.

Let me get this right. You took the car after seeing these issues??

And in fairness they will fix other issues you didn't report ??

F@@k me. Is this how it is?

I'm not trolling guys but I just can't get my head around what people are willing to accept from Tesla.

Advertisement