Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭josip

If I had the possibility of getting an LR for a lower TCO than an RWD I wouldn't be fussed about the colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

My EDD has just changed to 1st March to 16th. The finish line is getting closer guys 😎

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Zoom Zoom

Oh no, who's gonna watch the boats Marty Bird?!! Just checked and so has mine changed to those dates yayyyy. Great that the deliveries are happening today, fair play to those hardy souls working outside today

😂I’ll leave the boat watching to the next person up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Has anybody entered their VIN here and been told that it's not on their database? Was curious about mine but got that back. It gives information for what it says are nearby VINs alright but still curious, especially considering their manufacture dates seem to be early February and my car was already in Dublin when I placed the order on February 7th. Due to collect on Monday and kind of dreading it potentially being in a state!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Zoom Zoom

Don't be worrying, look forward to this with great excitement. Most who have picked up their car say it's spotless, and if for any reason it isn't then (a) there are staff on hand to give it a hand wash; or (b) take photos, share it with your Tesla delivery advisor, and you'll get a voucher for a free valet. Easy. This is a wonderful time, only 3 more sleeps for you... savour the wanting as much as the having !

• Registered Users Posts: 29 90pinions

Just been moved from Apr - May delivery time to March - Apr in the last hour or so...

Would you read into this at all?

I’d say it’s on the next ship due around the end of this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 90pinions

I can track the ship so!Ha.

You'll have to give me the ship info and I can track it now that you're sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

My account looks completely different to yours - don't have "next steps" or "completed tasks":

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Legits

Honestly Tesla have the worst customer service I have had over 12 incorrect invoices from them and they just moved a delivery date for Monday at 5:30pm tonight.

Only I'm so close to completing the purchase I'd back out sunken cost of time falicy. I struggle to see them making real headway with how bad the customer experience is purchasing a car from them.

It could be the Morning Composer it arrives in Barcelona on 10th March then onto Zeebrugge or the Morning Lady she arrives in Zeebrugge 18th March I’d say it’s either one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭JOL1

I know but personally in a few years time when I am going to buy a car again I will need a very good value proposition to put up with this bad a service. They have Ryanair levels of customer service but at the moment the value isn't as good.

I can sense your frustration and also agree that service levels from order to delivery can be patchy but in terms of value their product offering beats anything else in the market. Prices for Mod Y are now 15-20k cheaper than they were approx 18 months ago and their approach (reduced pricingare spurring competition in the EV market . Sorry to hear they messed up with your order/service

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭mun1

I got lucky last year and everything went smoothly from picking from inventory to collection .

id take the sh1te buying experience for the end result, which is a great car at a brilliant price, rather then the overpriced opposition and their delivery charges

I agree with you. My experience hasn't even been particularly bad, compared to others (waiting to see what it's like on collection day) but I was explaining the whole thing to my brother this evening. My thinking is that the first wave of Tesla sales was a lot of people who got really excited about them and really bought into the whole thing, like Apple fanboys did, where they couldn't wait for the newest phone. Tesla have made a move Apple didn't in cutting prices to compete and offer a (maybe) premium product for a good price. So that's what's making people like myself put up with the very poor sales setup but what's the next phase of that? There's an enormous segment of the car market who will not buy a car in this way and Chinese EV manufacturers will be more than able to compete on price, while investing in more traditional sales and service setups. I think Tesla will have to adapt or die.

Competition has intensified, which is usual where some player has first mover advantage. Success is down to more that just "fanboys". True that there will be many who don't like the Tesla business model (but love the prices) but there are also many who love the value proposition. Tesla's obsession with efficiency /reducing costs gives some bumps along the way but it's this obsession that allows them offer value to their customers. I think the numbers speak for themselves and show they are far from dying.....

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

I had a crap experience when buying my 2021 Model 3. But I still bought a 2024 Model Y as the cars are excellent, you forget quickly about the few weeks of bad customer service.

Also, the customer service when you actually own it is excellent, it’s just the order/delivery customer service that sucks.

It will be interesting to see how I feel once I finally have the car which will hopefully be this week. If they can manage to print an invoice correctly.

Yes I was thinking the same way there are a portion of tech savvy people that will put up with this but thinking trough my family and friends very few would be able for the hassle of it and would really miss the hand holding of regular dealerships.

Looking on LinkedIn at the cvs and experience of the people working in senior positions it's clear they are not investing in this side of the business which for what will always be a significant purchase for most people is a poor strategy. Sometimes cost cutting too far is a bad strategy I wonder do they have actual brains looking at this or is it simply the ceo ethos leaking down.

I am relieved the hear the Cs is better once you own the vehicle is better I've been reading some horror stories in twitter hopefully they are bit the standard experience.

• Advertisement

Yeah I said that the current phase is them offering a good product for a reasonable price. I'm talking about the next five to ten years.

And I also didn't day that they are dying; I said I think they will have to adapt or die (and that is relative obviously - doesn't mean they won't sell another car but just that they won't continue to grow as they might).

I'm hopeful that they do improve the customer service side of things because I plan to own my Model Y long term as it will suit our needs. Things like charging people for courtesy cars while something is being repaired and other negative elements like that could be a pain during that time. On the other side, the Ranger service seems like an absolute winner to me so I'm excited for that option if required.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Break80

I'm a Tesla buyer for the first time but never again.

I'll probably love the car when I get it but this is not an experience I want to go through again. When I ordered in early December I was told even worst case scenario it would be middle of Feb.

Had to sell my wife's car as I was worried I wouldn't have time if the M3 was ready.

My normal sales experience is, order the car, agree a trade in price, trade in when you go to collect. If they need your trade in before collection they would replace it to keep you moblie. Be kept up to date if there's an issue with the delivery date of your new car.

I've done this countless times so I know what I'm talking about.

My Tesla experience is, order the car with a date of delivery which was never achievable in a million years, sell your trade in yourself which I have no experience of. Watch a screen with an ever changing delivery date. When I try ask a question I'm met with a vacant gaze from people who should know if the car is manufactured at the very least.

Reading a post on here, I'm dreading collection day now. If the car isn't gleaming as it should be I won't be driving it out the door. I don't care how good value a car is, if it's not 100% they can stick it.

I'm thinking of holding on to this car for the rest of our motoring lives so thankfully we won't need this experience again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,544 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Yes the customer service is bad but I fly Ryanair the whole time so its just another fact of life to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Redfox25

I worry that if your expectation is a 100% gleaming car that you will be disappointed on day 1.

Inspect the car and if not happy with it , ask for a voucher for a valet. They will do it if you push. Then get it cleaned up.

Walking away over a dirty car is a bit extreme. The lad who got his car with no number plates and manky to boot, is the exception rather than the rule.

If Tesla gave less information on delivery and rang you the day before collection, or a week before, as traditional garages do then it would be easier for them.

You also omitted the ease of buying from them and the price is the price, no extras or upselling involved.

Really hope you enjoy the car when you get it.

I have collected 2 cars to date and both collections were fine, no issues noted.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭FaaF

I can't imagine walking away over a dirty car. I'd much rather hand over €15 to have it washed than an additional €20,000 to one of the German brands for an inferior, but cleaner, vehicle 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JABT24

Just wondering if anyone else has heard anything about their upcoming Model 3 Order?

Mine currently has an EDD 3rd March to 18th but haven't heard anything of a delivery date.. I imagine it'll be pushed out a day shortly.

Cheers

I don't know.

If you bought any other expensive item and it wasn't pristine when you collected or had it delivered to your house, would you find that acceptable?

It seems a lot of things can be forgiven from the fans on here. Don't misunderstand me, I like the car,value,it will suit my wife's needs perfectly, but you have to have good customer service in all walks of life. No excuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭josip

If you consider the most expensive thing people usually buy in their lives, a house, the buyers who can overlook cosmetic issues such as a house not being presented in good condition will usually get better value that those who need that. As long as whatever is wrong with the car can be rectified by a valet it makes sense to proceed with the purchase. To cancel because it wasn't clean enough, would be what my mother would call "cutting off your nose to spite your face".

Same. I rang them this morning and advisor said this week and they let me know soon.

• Advertisement

And to top it all, my expected delivery date has gone from March/April to April/May just now on the app.

Elon must be monitoring my posts on here.

I'm giving it to the end of April and I'm done.

Advertisement