Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2022-Round 13: Hungarian GP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,163 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I can assume my prize is in the post asap 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 17,798 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Yep. Max was keeping it safe and making sure he got the car across the line in one piece without the rain fing him over because he knew he had the gap.

If it was 5 laps to go and lewis was catching up he would have been gunning it and he would have been in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,103 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Means nothing. Max was literally crawling around the last few turns to avoid any chance of a spin. Don't get too excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭Dave0301

To be fair, he did 3.5 as the track was starting to get wet and Max was making certain he didn't take a spin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,724 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

A photo of Carlos Sainz signed by Charles Leclerc.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭thefa

Think even before the race that both titles were effectively over but the sport is in a better place at the moment with 3 teams in contention for podiums each race.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Absolutely, but at the end of the race he was 7-odd seconds behind - reduced from 22 after his second pitstop.

How people can't just acknowledge that Hamilton had a lot of pace is really mental. Max had him covered off.

Both can exist at the same time. It doesn't always have to be one or the other.

Just seems some people never want to get Hamilton credit for anything. Him and Max are box office, but some want to pretend it isn't the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Hamilton and Max laughing in the cool down room about Leclerc being on hards. Says it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

The best 2 drivers are still Max and Lewis.

Sorry, I forgot the rules that everyone has to just sh*t on everything Hamilton and Mercedes do regardless of what it is.

Hope the postvan doesn't use a Ferrari type pitstop strategy on the way or it might never arrive .😁

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Binotto will surely get sacked, Ferrari are an absolute joke of a team

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,541 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Brilliant race! I really enjoyed that. Incredible performance from Max! He is in a class of his own. It’s great to see so many competing for the win, it could have gone anywhere for a while there. I felt that Ferrari would make a balls of it but never imagined they would be that bad. I’m feel sorry for Leclerc. I didn’t expect Hamilton to drive so brilliantly, he is actually closing the gap to Russel. I’m not sure why Perez lost so much pace.

Overall a fantastic race!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Ferrari are just a laughing stock at the moment, their tactical ineptitude is continual, race after race. Merc will get 2nd in the constructors because of it, 3rd place with the fastest car will be a testament to Ferrari's bungling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭McFly85

It’s not that, but Crofty was clearly selling a battle between Hamilton and Verstappen that just wasn’t on. The RB is fast enough on mediums that if Lewis was to get close he’d have to wreck his tyres doing it.

He’s been great the last few weeks, but the car just isn’t there yet.

Merc only 30 pts behind Ferrari in the WCC. Just shows that strategic competence and consistency trumps having the fastest car.

Delighted with that. Expected to lose points this weekend but to get the win from 10th is crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

Seriously Ferrari, seriously?

Good race to watch, great drive from Verstappen, but I don't know where Hamilton got that pace.

9 races to go and 80 points ahead, all over bar the shouting unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Great race.

Fantastic performance from Max, started P10 and won, even threw in a donut mid race!

Defented the Ferrari strategy team before but there's no defending them after this race.

Look, I'm very clear from well out that Hamilton would run out of laps, but the idea that Hamilton could take 1.3s a lap out of Verstappen wasn't one that was completely mental at that time, because he had been doing that throughout the final stint. Both Max and Hamilton have done it before (to each other) albeit with fresher tyres on each occasion.

Croft and Brundle have a job to sell the race. By pointing out that Hamilton's softs suited the track conditions better than Max's hards, it keeps an audience interested no matter how far-fetched it sounds.

I genuinely think too many think way too much into these things. It was a fun race. Max and Hamilton are still the stars of the show. I just don't see the need to have to whinge about commentators trying to stop people from switching off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jerry teapot

Would you ever shut the feck up, you annoying chunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭quokula

Amazing job from Max, and from Red Bull. To win from 10th after losing qualy due to an engine issue, racing against two teams with arguably faster cars, on a track where overtaking has traditionally been very difficult, is just a spectacular performance.

He was on it as ever behind the wheel and the team strategy was perfect too They went very aggressive while he nailed the in and out laps, forcing Russell and the Ferraris to react which was ultimately their undoing. Hamilton wasn’t in the same race initially so rather than reacting to Red Bull Mercedes just ran the optimum strategy for race pace, which put him in prime position and was really what Ferrari should have done with Leclerc.

You’d have to say from looking at all six drivers, Mercedes had the fastest car at this track with its unique layout, but Max and Charles were just absolutely on it making the difference, up until Ferrari’s pit wall destroyed Leclerc’s race yet again.

80 point gap in the championship, it’s surely over now. More pressure from Mercedes on Ferrari than anything else I would say in the second half of the season, especially with the rule changes coming in at Spa to help them out.

What a resounding success the new regulations have been though, that was some amount of wheel to wheel racing on a track where that just doesn’t normally happen. Now they just need lighter smaller cars and it would be perfect.

Lol. Welcome 'new user'.

Nice to know my posts encouraged you to sign up to boards and to engage in discussions about Formula One. If you like, you can go to the rugby forum and the Current Affairs Forum for more extensive chats about a variety of topics and, if you're up for something lighter, I enjoy some Love Island as well.

Please enjoy your stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Who re-registered to post this wow that's pretty sad.

Any way max could dnf every race remaining Ferrari and Charles would find a way to still lose this championship.

Merc are 30 point behind Ferrari, one more race like this and it's defo game over for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Binotto is the type of lad that queues at the shortest line in the supermarket but there’s nobody at the checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jerry teapot

No doubt Binotto will claim they made all the right calls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,388 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Red Bull show that they are currently far and away the best team. Their strategy in particular has been excellent.

I'd be putting money on Mercedes finishing ahead of ferrari by end of season now. Clear out needed in ferrari if that happens.

Also, at start of week I predicted Merc to beat ferrari (ignore the Danny Ric bit, that was me being hopeful):

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement