Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vince McMahon "retires" *Megathread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,450 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The LA Times did a great piece on Vince.

Vince could be rightly fcuked with the ongoing government investigations

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

As part of the new TKO, a regulatory filing had this to say about him…

"McMahon's membership on our Board could expose us to negative publicity and/or have other adverse financial and operational impacts on our business. His membership also may result in additional scrutiny or otherwise exacerbate the other risks described herein. Any of these outcomes could directly or indirectly have adverse financial and operational impacts on our business."

Chances are, that’s a standard enough risk assessment, that doesn’t mean they’ll act on anything.

but it would be funny if he was pushed out, now the sale is done…

• Registered Users Posts: 28,904 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Now to start being suspicious about why they don't want more scrutiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,448 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

They played Vince like a damn fiddle. Added him to the board to sweeten the deal. Now that the deal is done they’ll F him out of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

Saw the pics of him at the Fury fight. He looks like he's in the early stages of decomposition. Sad to see. I know he's old but I can't believe how quickly he started looking terrible after 2006-07 when I still remember him looking and acting full of vitality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,045 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Officer999

He was using a walking stick to get around in Saudi. He looked more frail than jacked to be honest

AFAIK, he only just had major hip surgery. Given his age, a walking stick is probably expected after that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

He's still in good nick for a 78 year old in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,681 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Now hopefully he’s finally going to get the consequences he actually deserves.

As per the case, she accuses him of pooping on her during a threesome 🤮

• Registered Users Posts: 85,646 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

SICK BA$TARDS

Janel Grant’s lawsuit alleged that she met Vince McMahon in March 2019 & was looking for a job after her parents had died.

McMahon recruited people to have sex with Grant as well, including WWE’s former head of talent relations, John Laurinaitis, who is named as a defendant in the suit.

The suit states that in a May 2020 encounter, McMahon defecated on her head during a threesome. McMahon allegedly forcefully used sex toys on her, including dildos he named after WWE wrestlers, causing her bruising and bleeding.

The suit cited a July 2020 text that said others at WWE wanted to have sex with her after seeing photos on McMahon’s phone, and the group laughed when he told them, “She may scream and try to say NO!!although it would B difficult to say anything with a c— down her throat.”

• Registered Users Posts: 23,133 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The court filings go into even more lurid detail on it. I'll shield it for those of a sensitive disposition.

As one example of McMahon’s extreme depravity, on May 9, 2020, he defecated on Ms. Grant during a threesome, and then commanded her to continue pleasuring his “friend”— with feces in her hair and running down her back—while McMahon went to the bathroom to shower off.

Upon his return from the bathroom, McMahon and his “friend” actively resumed the threesome, which lasted over an hour and a half, while Ms. Grant remained covered in McMahon’s filth. When McMahon’s “friend” left, McMahon ordered her to stay and to continue to sexually gratify him.

He's a twisted cúnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Jesus effing Christ, that is horrific reading. No doubt he'll continue to say she consented to everything but I know who I'd believe.

Was it Vince's idea the eat $hit match with Roman and Corbin

Is anyone really surprised by any of this I know I’m not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I'm surprised by some of the horrifying specifics and the alleged passing around. Am I surprised that he allegedly pressured a vulnerable woman into sex? No, obviously not.

Of course not. We knew Vince was an asshole for years. The details(I’ve not read the full filling) make for horrific reading.

• Advertisement

There’s one thing I’ve seen mentioned that if employees of WWE stay with the company, they can be seen as complicit in the stuff Vince did, which I’m sorry is complete rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,904 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is there any reason these allegations will stick more than the last ones? I guess the fact TKO are in charge now, he could be made to step down again at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,170 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

If this continues to gain steam, this could get real ugly for WWE. Lesnar seems to be implicated as well as just one example. Anyone who knew about this needs to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,778 ✭✭✭kksaints

The actions no but the timespan where it happened is a bit surprising. I thought it would be much longer in the past like the 2000s or early 2010s than the early part of this decade.

Vince has never been closer to being shoved entirely out of the spotlight as he is right now.

This isn't just speculation and allegations really. Having text messages, having court filings that outline some absolutely sordid stuff, is causing the wider media to latch onto this. Wrestling fans won't necessarily be shocked, but wrestling fans have shown time and again that tribalism is too strong for them to walk away from WWE, despite the monstrosities behind it. Anyone who has followed WWE for this long can probably write essays about what Vince has been accussed of, and wrestling fans have...."made peace" might be an unfair term, but have accepted it's part of what WWE is.

But if the general media are catching on, when the accusations aren't just being an utter creep, but being a rapist and a sex trafficker, and with Vince's personal worth to WWE being at an all time low, it's probably going to be the one that causes TKO to shift him out. Why wouldn't they try and shift him out the door now? Especially if it's starting to heavily implicate a lot of other people too.

Or, who knows, maybe Raw opens with a Vince promo this week 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 18,006 ✭✭✭✭rob316

We've seen things like Dark Side of The Ring that just touch the tip of an iceberg of what is a dirty business. You can gaurantee their is countless payoffs, NDA's over the years to do with Vince and the company's stars. The entire attitude era was sex sells, from the creative mind of Vince, none of this is the least bit surprising

• Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Quote:

"Citing an example of Vince McMahon’s “extreme depravity,” on May 9, 2020, “he defecated on Ms. Grant during a threesome, and then commanded her to continue pleasuring his ‘friend’ — with feces in her hair and running down her back — while McMahon went to the bathroom to shower off.”

Sicking really how much the WWE board helped cover all this up the WWE committee set up to investigate all these allegations and did not interview the victim who was willing to be interviewed and then found no wrong doing against Vince.

I wonder who was on that panel and if they are still attached to WWE, TKO really should cut ties with them if they are still there.

Somehow I think TKO will do it's best to brush it under the carpet as long as there stock price doesn't tank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

He should run for the democratic ticket in the primaries.

🙈🙉🙊

Advertisement