Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vince McMahon "retires" *Megathread*

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Do you have confirmation of this? Like a link?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Looks like PTH just dropped an image and never shared the source with it...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Endeavour really need to clear house and take a long hard look into Triple H too to be sure.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Quick reverse image search on google shows it's a graphic from July 2023

Haha classic PTH😂

• Registered Users Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭briany

Right now it's looking like there won't be single 'original' working there by the time this saga ends, and what I must wonder to myself is whether this is something that Emmanuel had planned all along. The timing of it seems very convenient.

I see Paul Heyman is getting inducted into the HoF. I have a suspicion that it could be Heyman who gets the job as creative head if Triple H is forced to suddenly retire. He may be far enough from the controversy (by a degree of millimeters, admittedly) to just about hang in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Probably wasn't the only one haha

Sorry about that

• Registered Users Posts: 85,051 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

ive seen people bring that up a few times in Reddit, and the response is always he was never actually taken off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

Triple H must have gone blind and deaf a decade ago not to know what was going on with his wife and father in law and with other executives in the company he was an executive in.

Regards,

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭rob316

There is no chance in hell (excuse the pun) that Stephanie and Khan didn't cover up for Vince previously.

• Advertisement

Stephanie's absolutely up to her neck in the seediness of WWE, I would say. I know Nick Khan has been named in the lawsuit in some way, but I would be surprised if he's as involved as everyone else, though I obviously cannot rule this out. Nick Khan is an actual proper business person, as opposed to some depraved wrestling carny in a suit. If he'd seen that kind of thing going on, I'd imagine his self preservation instinct would have kicked in forthwith and gotten well the hell away from it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I think people need to not read too much into certain things and tar everyone with the same brush. Being named in the lawsuit does not mean you are dirty. Vince it really seems is an evil auld b@stard and obviously Johnny Ace and co seem very complicit and willing to turn on each other and all get pulled down.

I think I heard Kahn for example is implicated and the worst allegation against him is that Ms Grant says he said he knew very well who she was and was cold towards her when she introduced herself. I would not suggest she lied about this but really that could mean something like he knew she and Vince were up to innapropriate stuff behind closed doors and (perhaps didn't know more /to what extent because) he didn't approve of it and wanted no involvement with it.

I'm not defnding anyone here but I would guess the behind the scenes has been modernizing at a breakneck speed (because this industry has been in the stone-age and closed off from the public for so long) the past few years and certain dinosaurs have probably been thinking they were just turning a blind eye to some of Vince, that auld rapskallion's, affairs and perhaps not knowing that what was going on was actually far far worse.

Unfortunately for Mr. Kahn, this kind of situation is almost binary, meaning no degrees of the thing will be tolerated. If he's in any way linked to facilitating what allegedly went on with McMahon and this woman, he'll be shown the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's hard to believe that the likes of Stephanie and HHH didn't know about Vince and his assistant. Think about how people talk and gossip in work. You have a young, presumably attractive, assistant hired for a bogus job. You can only imagine the whispering and bitching going on about her in that office environment. They'd have to have heard something about it.

The only thing they can plausibly deny is they didn't know the level of debauched shít he was doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Yeah I'd agree and this WWE was also a publicly traded company this time and Khan was answerable to the shareholders of that company and if he knew the job created for the woman was a fake job then he is also tangentially invloved in facilitating the abuse.

So later on as Co-CEO with Steph and one of the people tasked to investage claim against Vince he knew the job he signed off on was a fake job yet he since found no issue with that investigation and reinstaged Vince.

So he was completely incompetent for the position he was in (Which I highly doubt) or he turned a blind eye which is even worse.

Doesn’t look like Ronda is holding back in her book about Vince, Johnny or Bruce.

Regards,

P.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod: deleted a crass post and a response to it there. No need for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭The Moist Buddha

i only asked a question, a yes or no answer would have sufficed

• Registered Users Posts: 18,104 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Why does "knowing" about McMahon giving a fake job to his lover make other people criminal as well?

Its not giving his lover a job that was the problem, it was the coercion and illegal crap that happened behind closed doors.

I know a guy who gave his nephew a cushy job, do I become a criminal if it turns out there was something dodgy going on between them back at home?

Lots of people will know McMahon was involved with this woman, but relationships aren't illegal, just knowing about it doesn't mean they were involved. For example, if Mahon told his PA to book a hotel room, then later abused the woman in it, is the PA a criminal for booking a hotel room for what she thought were two consenting adults?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just had a quick look at what she said since it's a bit soon after the recent allegations to have a book out. But seems she's just criticising him and the company over the years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭SteM

I heard a recent interview with her and she calls the WWE a shitshow but she didn't clarify in what way exactly. My guess is there'll be very little criticism of the WWE in the book but she'll bury them in any interview she does.

She joined the WWE in 2018ish didn't she? It's hard to believe that being a wrestling fan she didn't know what McMahon was like before she joined, people were talking about him for years.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It actually is a legal misdemeanor if they facilitated giving someone a job purely because Vince wanted his bit on the side close to hand. As far as I know, especially because of it being a publicly traded company, you can't just hire your lover into a position she's not qualified for. It's not the most egregious of crimes, but it is something you're not allowed do in the business world. It's not that they knew. It's they actively facilitated it, in a very problematic manner.

And it's probably for this exact reason, where it opens you and the business up to loads of other issues if and when it goes wrong, that you can get in legal hot water for it....

• Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Behind a paywall though. Not too many viewers there.

Good to see the media keeping what Vince and others did in the spotlight.

Regards,

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Vince has sold his remaining shares in WWE / TKO and for the first time since he bought the company from his father he has zero % ownership.

Advertisement