Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now clashing with SPRAOI every year - good or bad?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

I went in Sunday for parade and fireworks. Lots of good vibes around.

85 year old John Thompson was in the parade. I thought that's impressive!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,937 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yeah he was dying to be in it

I'll get my coat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭azimuth17

Local undertaker and funeral director from Barrack Street

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

Worked in Kilkenny for years.

Hate to burst your self-delusional bubble but Waterford generates more tourist revenue than Kilkenny. Secondly, Kilkenny is not a city. Comparing a town that does not meet any international criteria of what a city is and does not even have half the population of Waterford city BS.

Comparing Cats Laughs and Spraoi is again a BS example. They are different types of festivals.

And lastly, I did not write there are no crowds on Kilkenny streets. But at the weekend, “Crowds every where , on every street through out every weekend”. Your words not mine. Once you take the tourism element out there is nothing in Kilkenny. Just a town with a small population of people with an inflated opinion of themselves. Learned that from traveling up there.

Post edited by BBM77 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,056 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

The parade was good, and the fireworks were brilliant.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭iseegirls

King Kong Company showing how good the Plaza can be if utilized better.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭GandhiwasfromBallyfermot

Only managed to make it into Spraoi for the Sunday. Everywhere busy, applemarket packed, the Mall packed, red square packed. Couldn't get a seat anywhere for a bit of food and drink, tried the Fat Angel, The Reg and a few others and all packed with tourists and locals it was great to see.

Camped outside Tullys for the night then and the whole street was packed with people all night until music stopped at 11, only cleared out slightly when the fireworks started. Both Mahers and Tullys were heaving with people it was a great atmosphere with people up dancing and everything.

I had a great time.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

So it seems ATN and Spraoi can happily coexist with large crowds attending both events and reports saying both were successful. Long may it continue.

I was in on Saturday in the rain and Sunday in the baking heat and good crowds both days. I don't get in every year or even see all the acts but I recon 'Wild by Motionhouse' was one of the best performances I've ever seen at Spraoi.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,937 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The harvest festival normally September is another one to look forward too

Think it happened in some shape last few years but nothing like pre covid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭new92

sunday night was jumpin, packed, parade was good, fireworks were very good, here's to another 30

Advertisement