Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween Ends

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭griffin100

Went to see this with my 17 year old son who loves horror movies. It was so bad he actually got angry at the story line!! He referred to it as **** love story, can’t say I disagree with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

I actually enjoyed this, my expectations were low and I only went to see the trilogy out until the bitter but I have to say it's my favourite of the new ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,982 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Beyond crap, not much else to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭orangerhyme

It wasn't that bad. Still very watchable but the trilogy overall was disappointing.

Not sure why Danny McBride ad DGG took it on without a clear vision.

It shows the genius of John Carpenter that with a tiny budget and inexperienced crew, he created the best of all Halloween films and influenced horror

• Registered Users Posts: 17,982 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Its about Michael Myers, he turned up for a 10 minute cameo to be killed at the end, it was rubbish. It brought closure to this installment but that's about it. They need to leave this franchise alone for 20 years or something, its been done to death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Next up with be Myers vs Jason or Freddy Kruger, like what they did in Alien vs Predator.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭dubstepper

I thought it was ok. They tried to do something different with it.

The lead male actor was really poor however and I felt the dailogue seens with him felt like a made for tv movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

I didn't have high expectations but I didn't expect it to be this bad either, it was utter tripe tbh.

The young fella becoming Michael Myers Jr and teaming up with Myers was such a bizarre choice of plotline, the whole thing was absurd tbh, he tells the girlfriend he's after killing someone and she just accepts it, water off a ducks back for some reason, it was just a mess of a film.

The first one was decent imo, Halloween kills was bad but this was on another level.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭ThePott

Didn't like this film very much. I can appreciate them doing something different but I don't think it worked and certainly pointed to a lack of planning in the construction of this trilogy imo. Felt like DGG was bored with Halloween. I thought the opening was excellent and the soundtrack and performances were decent but other than that hardly worth the time.

As is often the case, I've made a video review that goes into more detail, actualy review starts at 1:58 if anyone wants to check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Nice job with the video. I agree with a lot of what u said about Ends, it was such a letdown. Kills was a masterpiece by comparison.

I thought Michael should have been recaptured at the end of Kills. After all it wasn't his fault he escaped: Dr. Sartain engineered his escape to see him in action in the wild and Michael was just being Michael. It's his nature to kill. Having Michael kill so many people was needed to justify his legend as all the other sequels had been erased for this trilogy: this rampage cemented Michael as a beast rather than just a guy who killed three teenagers 40 years previously (and the poor mechanic whose overalls Michael stole). Now the town would know Laurie's fear and know that she was right all along. I'd love if the third movie had been about frustration and a thwarted desire for vengeance, with maybe Laurie or other townsfolk trying to bring the fight to an incarcerated Michael to finish him off once and for all.

As soon as they did that 4 year time jump with Michael living in the sewers, I checked out of this franchise. Absolutely ridiculous premise. DGG said he wanted it to be like Jaws in that he didn't want to know where the shark was or what it was up to when it went out to sea: he just wanted to see the attacks, which makes no sense for Halloween. Michael is a man, not a fish :) Also Jaws was in his natural environment with plenty of food available. Michael was in a stinky sewer, with countless injuries, including missing fingers/bullet wounds/stab wounds for FOUR YEARS! He would have died from his injuries, or gotten infections or died of hunger/malnutrition/exposure etc. So it started badly with that and then they introduced Corey... :)

Anyways, I love this guy's videos on YouTube and he does a great pisstake of Ends:

https://youtu.be/LZczI-2OKcI

Probably the only bit of entertainment I got from this piece of crap movie!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭ThePott

Thanks! Those pitch videos are great fun.

I definitely think that any purpose Halloween Kills could have served was pretty much ruined once they did the time jump. You're right too if creates a lot of lapses of logic in general. Corey is something that could have worked in theory but it was very sloppily handled.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Finally got round to seeing this, knew nothing about it as I don't watch trailers. Huge fan of the franchise, delighted they went down a different route to end it. Did an excellent job, 13 films in total which is crazy.

They all have a special place for me. The Shape is no more.

Advertisement