Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where did the off the ball thread go?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Nice job by everyone this morning for Eoin's last show before his travels, seemed very popular with his colleagues, bumped into him randomly myself few years back on a night out in Dublin, sound fella in fairness.

Bit of young blood to be replaced on the show with Eoin gone travelling and Ronan Mullen moving to the hard shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,693 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Good interview with Lee Keegan on OTB am.

Spoke about the split season and also about the issue of lack of media access to top GAA players.

He made a few good points including putting some of the focus back on the media, more or less saying "as long as ye don't make up sensationalist headlines".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

The GAA’s intercounty scene is disastrous when it comes to self promotion through the media. It’s funny how journalists are left completely bereft when it comes to player availabilities; they must have no insider contacts at all.

on another point those John Duggan voiced ads in the podcasts for linked in will be the death of me. I fast forward now but they are so bad

There was a really interesting piece on concussion on last night's OTB.

This is where Joe really excels. He obviously had a lot of knowledge/research done on the subject and there was no PC nonsense that he felt obliged to throw in.

A must listen for any sport coach, player or parent of kids playing contact sports.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Anyone listening here?

Is it skipping a lot or is it just me?

Sounds like a pre-recorded segment and the file has corrupted or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭hawley

Absolute joke. Went on looping for over five minutes.

Sounds like they’re having a nightmare. Feel for them. You can’t legislate for something like that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Strange that this was let run for so long without being pulled. Premier League soccer in progress at the time so at least some of the show was live, must have been some producers or tech op around.

What happened? Seems on the AM show they were having issues with Zoom, there in a different studio this week.

• Advertisement

Out of interest, I'm wondering how can you NOT legislate for allowing something like that to be broadcast at 8.15 in the evening?

Is there anybody in the studio that can hear what is going out and correct it? Could they not have pulled the pre record straight away when it started looping and had the lads talk about the first half of the games that had started at 7.30 or how Utd-Spurs was going til they corrected things?

Da fuq was David Connolly on about with Ronaldo yesterday? Gibberish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭cmac2009

My god it was awful nonsense. So bad I switched off.

The bar is really low for punditry work these days.

I see that Newstalk have no rights to broadcast GAA games for the next 5 years.

They haven’t had them for a few years now. RTE outbid them which I think is a disgrace having one broadcaster for all the radio rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭johntune

Newstalk have no interest in live GAA. They had little interest when they had the rights years ago. They have the premier league for Sundays.

Ah I don't agree with this at all. They used to have a great set up. Commentator, co-commentator and usually Colm Parkinson on the sideline.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭amlinopta

New GAA calendar with inter county finishing before the English soccer season starts back would have suited Sunday coverage for Off the Ball

this will be an alternative view from those who heard it but the adam Crafton / Joe molloy interview on Shakhtar Donetsk was desperate to stress the emotional impact of the situation….but ultimately with one exception the players just seemed to get on with it and there wasn’t a whole lot to it.

Advertisement