Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Tickets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭C4000

No the printed version will do. They just scan the barcode and away you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭zero_

Great-thanks a million for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭paddyirish23

My only dislike with them using the printed out ticket is anyone can photocopy them and sell as many as they like of the same ticket and whoever gets in 1st wins

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

All the regular digital tickets are just QR Codes or bar codes anyway so they can always be printed (so that fraud issue is still there). The Apple/Google wallets are just storing the picture of the bar code neatly.

There are newer real digital only tickets in use in premier league and else where that are tied to your specific device and these tend to work over NFC like your bank card does with Apple Pay. These are designed to kill touting as you can't resell unless you give them your phone. Think we are a good few years away from that yet in the GAA!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,990 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Won two tickets today was delighted getting to bring the young lad to his first AI final. Got the tickets then and one is in the upper tier and the other in the lower tier 🙄 ridiculous came from a club as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Avon8

This happens a lot for finals. On the off chance you don't get it sorted beforehand, go to the worse of the two single seats early. Someone in the vicinity will be alone and will swap for the other ticket and move down (or up) to that seat, especially when youve a kid with you. Happens for all finals

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭BaywatchHQ

The old Nally stand finished behind the goals too. The reason the area looks much larger now is because the new Hogan stand is further back than the old Hogan stand. Judging by comparison photos I've looked at the place where the old Hogan and Nally met is where the big screen is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭dobman88

Yeah, I'd imagine if the OP goes to the upper tier and someone comes to take their seat, they would be quite happy to go to the lower tier. Just have to hope they aren't with family themselves. You'd always find someone willing to move though when a kid is involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

According to Marty Morrisey earlier, plenty of tickets still available. He was almost doing a sales pitch!

• Advertisement

I'd imagine it will be similar for the football next week too. Tickets will come available Wednesday or Thursday. It really is a very expensive day now for people with everything else going on and prices going up. Can't blame people too much imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭chinguetti

I'm amazed how many tickets were available at 11 this morning, told 2 people at work and they got sorted. €90 is alot with the cost of everything these days and peak holiday time this year after most couldn't travel abroad since 2019. And if i was looking for a ticket, I wouldn't find one i bet!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 CAMAC

So should I expect football tickets to be available next week? If so any indication what day and time it usually happens? Trying to organise getting tickets for my parents in law who will be travelling from Kerry so the more prepared I am to nab them the better

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Avon8

The football wont sell out either. Aside from the cost of living stuff, this is the first non covid final ever stuck smack in the middle of holiday season. People won't cancel their first holiday in 3 years. Then you've the price and lack of availability of accommodation. These are all new factors, going along with two western counties who aren't traditionally known for a big bandwagon support. Galway people also have their biggest week of the year, whether work wise or socially, with the races starting a day later. It not being seen as a typically 50/50 final won't help with neutrals either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Crokepark.ie has stated they expect the hurling AI final to be sold out. In order to achieve that they had to put remaining tickets on general sale.

The two Hurling semi finals had roughly 92k in attendance compared to 142,432 for the two football semi finals. 

I'll be surprised if any football tickets are for sale on ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭dashdoll

I think the finals being on in July has a lot to do with it. People have loads on particulary after the last two years, weddings, events, holidays booked etc. I think a lot more people are generally around and free in September with summer commitments over. Add in no minor game, 90 quid a ticket at a time when cost of living is gone through the roof, diesel, no chance of a hotel room in Dublin etc would turn a certain number off. Oh and a lot of people also have covid again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

See of that 142k probably 120k were from the county's that lost.

But seen as the kerry and Galway supporters haven't travelled all year yee have loads of money saved up for the big day.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭davidx40

Pair of Davin Stand Lower Tier section 317 Row R for sale ......PM if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

90€ is a bit much considering for the Semi Final it was €50 and neither were a sell out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭Brian017

Long shot… but has anyone got a wheelchair/attendant ticket?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭thefa

Imagine it would create a few issues with how they allocate tickets. Also mightn’t be that rewarding financially for the many games which have significantly less than full attendance. You’d see the more expensive seats fill up as the game would go on rather than at the start.

Loads of tickets available today @gaaticketshelp on twitter had a few up this morning and I've seen lads saying they can't make the game for whatever reason selling their tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭thefa

Think €90 is ok for an All Ireland final. grand considering the circumstances. Been that way since 2019.

In my head I thought pricing had a higher peak in the Celtic tiger and had come down a tenner at some stage but actually the €70 survived the recession.

Hard to beat the laminated 2007 tickets. Peak Celtic tiger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭rolling boh

There are quite a few neutrals who would normally go to the finals but with all the costs now looks like a lot of them are not bothering this time its fairly costly if you are not pushed so no real surprise tickets can be got .

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Fred Astaire

It's no real surprise that tickets are available because they always are when Kilkenny are in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭kala85

Nice to see this collection.

I regret not keeping the ones I had over the years.

The long tickets for the all Ireland were pretty cool. Now with the e ticket we won't see the like of those again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I went in as a neutral yesterday, picked up 2 Davin through the club at 90e a shot and living within 10 mins of Croker.

Well worth it in the end but yeah, definitely an expensive day out if you have any other associated costs. There was a few touts around selling tickets at 20-30e in the few mins before throw-in. I might chance my arm with one of them for the fussball next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭kala85

What will the football tickets be like. Will they be floating around on Friday like the hurling??

I'd expect them to be available in the next day or 2. Club draws were done in Kerry last Thursday and Friday evening. So once all those tickets get redistributed, they'll be floating around.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them on general sale on TM like the hurling was either tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,490 ✭✭✭✭kippy

90 bucks a ticket isn't too bad assuming you only need the one and have no ancillary costs. It's an expensive day out if you've no public transport option, have to stay over, food, parking, etc etc and I know you can cut out some of those costs and could have others but it is a lot in July when people are spending a fair bit anyway and potentially have better options.

I'd expect some tickets to be available at the end of the week either as a result of people not being able to travel or perhaps not a sell out.

Advertisement