Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Solis S6 & Daikin Altherma 3 Heat Pump

• 11-07-2022 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi All,

Apologies if this has been asked/answered already.

I have a recently installed PV system, which has a Solis S6 inverter and the Solis Cloud App for monitoring. Currently, I can see what the PV system is producing, but I don't have a clear picture of import/export. I'd like to get this sorted. From looking at the manual (screenshot below), it looks like I just need to install a DIN Rail mounted smart meter on the grid side of my consumer unit/fuse board, and run a Cat-5 cable from that to the inverter. So far, so simple.

However, I'd also like to purchase a Daikin LAN adapter

- this will allow me to detect when I have 'excess' PV generation, and use this to generate DHW for later use. From what I can tell, it takes a digital output from the inverter (i.e. producing) and a pulse input from the smart meter (e.g. exporting 2000W)

Has anyone done what I'm thinking of, and if so, two main queries:

How do I get the digital outputs from the Solis S6 inverter (e.g. volt free contact)? Can this

How do I connect the din rail mounted smart meter to both the inverter and the LAN adapter?

I found a YouTube video of a similar install, but he's using a different brand of inverter

Thanks in advance

Comments

Advertisement