Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your top 3 clothing brands

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Tesco jocks and socks. Diesel jeans. Gildan Hoodies and tshirts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Jack & Jones jeans.

Adidas Gazelle trainers

Dunnes plain T-shirts, socks and boxers.

Apart from outdoor activity wear, that’s my entire wardrobe.

Late 40s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

Uniqlo - a Japanese brand that produces plain and cheap fashionable clothes that I like. Most of my wardrobe comes from here.

Hifiger - for nice shirts

Gap - also for nice shirts

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dorothylives

I have never heard of most of these brands, I must be really old. That or I need to shop more. 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Absolutely no brand loyalty. I always think it is sad to see somebody still dressing the same as they get older stuck in some past. It is funny when you see an old Mod still wearing the same clothes and brands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I'm not far off 40 but perhaps I'm broken as I don't like to be a walking advertisement without payment so I find it difficult to answer. You can't really escape branding with runners/football boots and I'd definitely lean towards adidas for both. As for clothes, it's a case of quality, fit and as little branding as possible - preferably none at all. I'd say most of recent (very loose term) purchases have come from camping shops and Next - mainly because it's close to home. In truth, shopping is not one of my hobbies. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I am a Mod

I’ve always been a Mod

My father was a Mod before me

My coat is a Crombie

My shirt’s a Ben Sherman

The boots on my feet

Were made by a German

Outside the kitchen window

Sits my broke down Lambretta

I’m going to fix it

When the weather

Gets better

(Jock Scot)

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Boss, Hilfiger - T-shirts, jeans, jumpers

Belstaff - T-shirts

Ted Baker - Shoes (historically, as I've not had to wear shoes for the office in 2.5 years)

Boss - casual shoes, trainers

male 50+

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭hunter2000

Super dry, super wet, super moist

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Classic wear stands the test of time. If the tops and pants are plain then you can probably wear them at any age providing it's classic fit and not skinny jeans!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,770 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Don't care about brands, certainly wouldn't be going around with a t shirt or a jacket with huge letters screaming what brand it is.

Everything I like is durable, as much as possible easily washed and dried and in colours that tend not to show dirt, white sneakers are a no-no for me. They look grubby within a day of wear. No jeans either, after the previous pairs I wore didn't last pissing time before tearing.

Sports type wear I avoid like the plague.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

• Registered Users Posts: 15,770 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Yep.

Bastard jeans take too long to dry, too uncomfortable and they're too heavy esp. in hot weather imo and tbh they're a bit of a uniform. Best decision ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

It does but Mod is nt as classic as they like to think and just brand loyalty. Ben Sherman label sticking out and Fred Perry logo on their tops etc... It is also how you wear them with the top button closed on shirts. I have some Ben Sherman things because I liked them not because I need to to stay on a limited appearance dictated by my youth. I mostly wear tshirts but as I used to have to go into work and wear a "collared top" I have a lot of casual shirts from many designers and don't get brand loyalty. It is about quality and appearance to me not brand as many brands do cheap lines of questionable quality along with their good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭chosen1

Thing jumping out at me here is the amount of people saying trainers instead of runners. From the midlands and work in north Dublin,and rarely hear trainers being spoken of outside of the nicer areas of south Dublin and of course the UK.

On topic, my go to brands would be Diesel or Jack and Jones for most casual clothing and Addidas Originals for the casual shoe. Next for more formal work clothes.

On the lookout for a decent fit Jeans brand that doesn't disintegrate at the crotch after a few months though. Wouldn't mind paying for quality either, but the same has happened with Tommy Hilfiger and Levis for me as well. Wouldn't be described as a fat b*stard either but bigger thighs might be the issue here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,261 ✭✭✭✭fits

40s female

mostly have a capsule type wardrobe with long lasting sustainable brands. Usually natural fabrics with a few of the modern thrown in like ecovero. Bought two jackets by maje and weekend maxmara in the sale ( denim and navy) .

most commonly buy from arket and cos and toast before it got mega expensive.

Birkenstock and Veja shoes.

I’m a walking cliche I think. feck it - it’s not hard to pull an outfit together.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 happinessfr

40s Male

Muji, Uniqlo & Carhartt

Advertisement