Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your top 3 clothing brands

Options
  • 09-07-2022 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

Just wondering how age demographics affect your choice of clothing brands.

Not a survey or anything sinister, just a bit of craic.

I'm 54.

1. Levis (jeans & sometimes jackets)
    2. Barbour(Jackets & sometimes knitwear)
    3. Addidas. (trainers)

Honerable mention to Tommy Hilfiger for loads of other stuff....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,822 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

French Connection/FCUK - jackets, sweaters, shirts, T-shirts, boxers

Diesel - jackets, T-shirts, sweaters, boxers

Nudie - jeans, T-shirts, jackets

honourable mention

40ish age range

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

Dunnes stores - dresses

Asos - dresses

Littlewoods - dresses

Carraig Donn - dresses

iclothing - dresses

Depop - all clothes

34 yrs old

P.s. I don't pick favourites amongst my children

• Registered Users Posts: 17,971 ✭✭✭✭rob316

30s

Trainers - air max 90 - I'm obsessed

Shoes/boots - Timberland

Jeans - gap

Hoodies, t-shirts, jumpers - Tommy Hilfiger

• Registered Users Posts: 16,485 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I'm in my 40s and my main brands apart from sportswear.

Billabong; all clothes

Quiksilver: all clothes

Penney's: everything else 😂

Honourable mention to the GAP, I stocked up well during their store closing sale.

I've got quite a few suits and other formal wear that doesn't get worn anymore apart from weddings or funerals. Retirement has its upsides 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

i do not believe in the branding but fabric of the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,808 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

giving less and less sh1t about branding, dont overly buy, try to make clothes last as long as possible, the planets fcuked up enough from the industry, becoming more and more cheap brands, lidl, aldi, tesco etc, but i do have some good outdoor brands,

north face, lowe alpine, mountain equipment, montane, patagonia, berghaus, gelert etc.

footwear: asics, zamberlan, teva, merrell

impossible to give top 3, most of my time is in cheap clothing, no point destroying good wear doing regular dirty work

• Registered Users Posts: 23,821 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I'm a fat c***, so its American brands for me, Tommy H, Ralph L, Levi's, Gant etc. I also do pretty well for summer wear from some of the outdoor adventure brands, Timberland, Superdry, Helly Hansen.

I've a couple of bespoke suits (cheaper than you'd think by the way) and I wear the footwear of Ecco, Skecher, Vans and Barker for the brogues. All have a nice wide fit for my size 12 dinner plates.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Levis, Timberland and....Durex

• Advertisement

Trez drole fryup.🙄

Any idea of your age, (it's part of the rules of this thread)

On second thoughts, don't answer.

You're 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

I'm almost 50 and over the years have come to appreciate comfort and value for money more than fashion.

1. Under Armour for Tops and T-shirts most are soft, comfortable and last a decent amount of time
    2. Carharrt for caps, jackets, T-shirts and tops. Not as comfortable as Under Armour but absolutely bullet proof, a tad expensive here in Ireland but cheap if you can get to the US. Lasts for ever, I still have Carharrt clothes I bought 25 years ago.
    3. Adidas trainers (mostly originals) a product of my youth so I guess brand loyalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Levi's for jeans and socks.

Hugo Boss for underpants.

Hotter for footwear.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,380 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I'll typically buy whatever I find in the shop that suits me but if I were to select three clothing brands that I prefer.

Wrangler - I have a few pairs of combats and jeans.

EMP - For T-shirts and music merchandise.

Timberland - For shoes and boots

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Trying to focus more on sustainable brands lately aiming to buy Patagonia out of season so it’s slightly cheaper and so on. Have an eye on a few other brands that I’ve never worn before like Rapanui so will see how that goes.

carharrtt, Barbour and Under Armour are three I hit often. Carharrt is pricey but they do great sales and the clothes are indestructible. Barbour guarantee their jackets, you’d have one for life.

my biggest issue with “fast fashion” is that the clothes often wash poorly. The amount of shirts that shrink after one wash is crazy. Saying that though, the OXFORD shirts in next where the best bang for your buck you could get. They’ve made them cheaper looking and stamped their stag head logo on them now and ruined it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Man 50's, Gardeur jeans, H&M tops and jocks, usually get them online as the slim fit stuff that fits me is not sold in Ireland, after that its Donegal wool jumpers, Carhartt, Patagonia,Rab, I try and buy clothes that are not plastered with logo's

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Early 40’s

1- Adidas originals (trainers) too many pairs to wear

2 - Levi’s jeans, hold their shape and don’t fade or shrink

3 - Polo/Ralph Lauren polo shirts

4 - Next socks and jocks

5 - Superdry hoodies

Havent bought many new items of clothing in the last 2 years with covid/not much going out and a complete lack of options for mens clothes shops where I Iive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

Seems I'll be the first to give Nike a nod.

Nike - most comfortable footwear for me, don't like Adidas fit at all. Nike tshirts are also good quality and wash well.

Hilfiger - best fitting and most comfortable pants for me

Underarmour - I wear shorts most of the time, especially since working from home started. UA shorts, especially the double layered ones are the best fit for me.

I'm 36.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Usually Zara or River Island for t shirts, hoodies, runners and cargo pants. Crosshatch for jeans and Penneys for socks, jocks and tracksuit bottoms. I'm 42

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭OscarMIlde

39 years of age.

Tops/blouses. Rebecca Taylor and Joie, have a good few by Reiss as well.

Dresses. Reiss, Whistles, French Connection, Monsoon. Have loads by Ghost M&S diffusion line now too.

Jumpers: Massimo dutti, Reiss, Selected femme, French connection.

Jeans. I only wear AG adriano goldshmied.

Coats: Massimo Dutti, Selected Femme and All Saints.

Have a few nice bits from Cos, & other stories, and Mango.

Runners are mainly Adidas sambas, winter boots are Panama Jacks, work shoes are mainly Dune.

I'm pretty cheap so buy a lot of my clothes from Ebay, can get last season clothes cheap often with tags still on. I'm lucky in that I'm a standard size so don't have to worry about fit. Otherwise it's sales. I have to really like something to pay full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Superdry, Diesel and Adidas. 39 years old.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Footwear - Nike AirMax 90s, Dunks, and Adidas Superstars

Jeans - Hollister, they are the best fit for me, i've tried many, but these are just unreal comfort, i don't mind that i'm the oldest person in the shop buying them either!

T-shirts, pretty much anything, once i like it.

Mid-Late 30's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Early forties male:

Shoes/Trainers: Ecco ( Cant beat these, have a few pairs and some are 10 yrs old at this stage and still perfect ) / Nike (Air Force 1's in particular)

Jeans: Tommy Hilfiger and Levis (Both unbelievably hard wearing and last forever, I still have a pair of TH Jeans I got in 2007)

T-shirts: Tog 24 ( they last forever, started buying them 6-7 yrs ago and still have most of them today )

Jumpers: Tommy Hilfiger

Hoodies: Under Armour / North Face

Socks: Penguin ( You really cant beat decent socks, showing my age here )

Tracksuits: Canterbury ( Love the fit and finish of them )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

30's male:

Jeans: Levis.

Jumpers/Shirts: Tommy Hilfiger, Selected Homme, Next

Tshirts: Next, h&m, zara

Running tops/shorts: Nike and adidas.

Budget buying is grand but you find the top brands usually are worth buying for long lasting wear. Especially jeans, jackets and jumpers.

I don't have a top 3 but a number of favourites. I'm 30*

Sezane for everything apart from jeans and dresses, so far.

River Island I like for jeans and the odd top and earrings.

On a very rare occasion I will see a dress I like in Carraig Donn.

Fat Face for cardigans and the odd dress.

M&S for night wear and underwear jumpers in the winter and chunky cardigans, plain t shirts and some things for work, tights.

Intimissimi for underwear.

Veja and Nike are my favourite trainer but I do like Adidas. Usually buy them online.

I like Zalando too.

Avoca have lovely jewellery. I'm obsessed with earrings! Can never have enough.

*I'm actually 40 buy it's a hard fact to swallow 😆

I'm probably the only woman about who hates Zara and I wouldn't be overly fond of H&M either. Any of the high fashion type places do nothing for me. And everything is neon and belly baring. No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Adidas trainers

G-star shirts and jeans

Hugo boss jeans

male late 30's

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Mullinabreena

Jackets - Stone Island, Fjallraven , Barbour,

Jeans/Chinos - Norse Projects, Nudie, orSlow

Jumpers/shirts/over shirts - Stone Island, Hugo Boss, Ralph Lauren

Trainers - Adidas, Nike,

Running stuff - Nike mainly

Hiking - Patagonia, Nike ACG, Salomon, Columbia and Fjallraven

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,854 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Age 40

Jeans - superdry and Paul Galvin range from Dunnes (hey I am as surprised as you! But they fit extremely well)

T shirts, shirts, trousers, jackets etc - Zara (Liffey valley one is terrific) H and M (very good quality basics)

Trainers/shoes - I have a lot too many tbh....but Nike, ASICS (Japan s style especially) adidas mostly

Advertisement