Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chef's Really Like That?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

No he disrespected me and never got to do it again was my solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Still stihl waters 3

Youre a sad man, you should stand your ground instead of sneaky cowardly tactics, respect is earned, you obviously did nothing to earn it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

No respect is given and deducted based on behaviour. I hit him where it hurt him and cost him his precious money. The guy was the biggest a-hole and a massive tax cheat. You think you have it all sorted in work and everybody takes the abuse with no repercussions. I would suggest you watch what you eat and drink in work because if you are abusive like you say somebody could easily be having their revenge on you.

I did stand my ground I told him I would not accept any more abuse from him and he would regret if he did it again. He certainly did regret it I am a man of my word. You can knock off the personal abuse

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭NedsNotDead

But it was only your word that they lied and cheated you. Based on your Walter Mittey posts i have my doubts

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Still stihl waters 3

I make my own food, who do you think makes it for me lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I worked in a few kitchens and never had any problems with chefs. If you don't f*ck up and you're a hard worker they'll respect you, it's very hard to get decent kitchen staff in all stations.

It's a tough environment and I would never go back to it but at the same time I probably enjoyed it more than any other jobs I've had in my life.

Lends itself to booze/drugs also, tough old life.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Ask 4 of your friends over, cook them all different meals from scratch and serve them at the same time. See how stressed you are

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭pgj2015

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

I'm not sure why I am being graced with these anecdotes tbh, as I never said the things that seem to incite you to quote me while sharing them.

In my very first post on this I said "People eating there don't care if the kitchen is short-staffed, people are tired, equipment has failed. They want what they pay for. As they should." - see that last sentence? It mean customers should get what they pay for.

'They' don't get in trouble for it because 'we' as a society want the bad boy shouty chefs. 'We' reward them with fame. 'We' put them on a pedestal and let them they set the standard. 'We' watch TV shows where chefs shout, where chefs are put under huge pressure to produce perfect dishes - seeing them panic, sweat, obsess is all part of the entertainment package. What isn't considered is that pressure is there for every single plate sent out in a high end restaurant. Every single night.

'We' want shouty chefs obsessing over our food - but 'we' shake our heads when they behave badly.

Advertisement