Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MG 4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Anyone waiting on a pick up 😎

South bound on the M50 today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

Just saw a convoy of trucks full of MG4s on the M50 this morning.

Must be some big shipment in alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Stevie2001

Nice to see but we are our own worst enemy at times, in the UK it's insane to think you can get an MG for £99 a month and 0% APR, while Paddy is ordering by ship load for much higher prices.

MG can definitely do lower prices here

Any word on the 433bhp dual motor MG4 arriving here?

Supposedly it's only gonna be 6k more in the UK vs the long range top spec, so maybe under 45k here.

If I could get a car for just £99 a month I would jump on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Pricing/PCP rates here are outlandish compared to the UK.

With a €10k deposit, I was quoted €490 a month PCP for 36 months. That was on the long range top spec version. Cash price was €39k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭LasersGoPewPew

39K Cash price? You'd be daft to buy one at that price compared to a Model 3 or even Atto3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Yikes, that price escalated since the last time I looked! What was the interest rate on the PCP and the final value after the 3 year term? I imagine that the reduced grant is being taken into account here for the price increase though. I was quoted just under €37k for an Exclusive Long Range in December (which included the extra cost of the red colour), but decided not to go ahead with it in the end. I opted for a second hand Kia EV instead but I was a "cash" buyer either way and was not going the PCP route.

As said, once the price starts to nip at the heels of 40k, there are many other EVs out there that are coming into view so I would definitely be thinking twice on it at that rate. There are also plenty of PCPs on cars wrapping up around now so the market seems to be fairly awash with ID3s at the moment for under €30k. I think the EV price bubble is starting to shake and pop a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I've noticed several brands have increased final payments much more than the general price increases of the car so your monthly payments are less but so is your equity. I wouldn't be surprised if people getting cars this year are in for a shock when it's time to trade in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Didn't get the GMFV as the replayments put me off. The APR is 6.9% for the PCP.

The price quoted included the current €5k allownace too.

The Exclusive Long Range is listed at €36,500 on the MG website. That's without metallic or dealer/related charges. With metallic probably €8-900? Dealer delivery of €1000 minumum? Documentation fee for the PCP being a couple of hundred euro? Wouldn't be long adding up.

I was also asking about cars in stock, so the lad would've been quoting the €5k scrappage.

6.9% is a killer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭crl84

Looks like these don't have black roof, so are the new facelift model? Can't see a rear wiper on the blue one though...

e: although the white ones are possibly Excite models, which didn't have the two-tone roof at all....

Would be interested to know if anyone picking up in the next few weeks gets the newer model. I read on mgevs that someone was told that all manufactured after March would be the new model, but I thought it would be more likely to be ones ordered after that (with the higher price)....

• Advertisement

I heard another boat load of them came in yesterday too. Should be plenty in the country to go around now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Patser

Passed a trailer load heading out by Newlands Cross earlier, could see a Grey Exclusive, didn't seem to have a black roof but almost certainly couldn't see a rear wiper either - hardly placed up high, under the spoilers?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,251 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Sorry for the noob question, but how would I spot the difference between the new and older model?

What other differences are there?

Newer model meant to have rear wiper, same colour roof as body, bigger wheels and internal grab handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,251 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

We have a white excite on order, should be ready in July.

I asked about the newer model and was told they were landing in the UK in September.

Was advised too that some folk are getting MG centre caps for the alloy wheels (about 20e) and apparently, it looks very well.

Wonder if there'll be a big push to make MG4 best selling EV in July - or just the normal 232 rush all dealers will get

• Registered Users Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Lol

Details/photos of the 4WD dual motor version are being officially released in the next few days apparently. Some UK dealers have it for pre-order at £36,500k.

429bhp, 0-100kmph in 3.8s

Same size battery, so less range due to weight of the second motor.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Stevie2001

That's the one, wow, that's a hot hatch

That should be about €40,000 here then, amazing value

If its that the price, I'll be buying, similar performance to Tesla M3P for €10,000 less

Apparently also an Extended Range version, which is basically just the existing top spec (Exclusive/Trophy), but with a 77KW battery, and a slightly more powerful motor (180Kw, 0-100kmph in 6.5s), for £36,500 also. 520km WLTP.

Post edited by crl84 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭LasersGoPewPew

No chance it will be €40k here on the road. A boardsie was recently quoted €39k for the exclusive long range OTR cash price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

That UK price converts to €42,500. Our cars are usually a lot more than theirs. We're somewhere in between Germany and the Netherlands for EV pricing I believe.

It'll peg in around the €45k mark here I imagine. The long range model will be about the same. At that point, they are directly up against a lot of "higher end" competition.

a few UK dealer photos of the XPower (AWD version). Only external difference for it is the wheels really (along with rear wiper which will be on all models going forward).

Comes in a matte green colour too, exclusive to the XPower I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭fafy

Some details about the new “X Power” & “Extended Range” MG4 variants

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mg/mg4/360459/mg4-xpower-electric-hot-hatch-come-429bhp

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭doctorg

Is car registration possible on 1st July to get a 232 number plate?

I believe it is an online system that the dealers use so, yes, it is possible. Many have managed to get 1st of January registrations even though the Reg office would be closed on that day due to a public holiday.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭McGiver

Tesla money for a Chinese car that has 50%+ chance of bulges on the chassis causing the motor to protrude from it?

• Advertisement

Advertisement