Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE news : Ex-TD expresses concern over handgun licences

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,106 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

It is the one common denominator in the majority of the school shootings since the 1984 Mc Donalds shooting in San Diego. Huberty knew he wasn't right in the head, he had tried to check himself into a mental health facility two days before he decided on a Big Mac with a side order of 9mm. Mental health, depression and the inability of people to deal anymore with the pressures of life in the US,[an utter and total rat race that puts our life on a relatively easy-going pace] and the lack of treatment or meds or over subscription or self-medication in pill-popping America of meds that you would need a prescription to buy here in the EU.

So imagine your average "troubled teen" being given this because their parents can't cope or don't want to or can't or they have the normal teen problems of life back then, but it's all sortable with a pill...And you have been on this stuff for months...

As I said,it would be interesting to see is there a correlation over here in Europe between shootings and prescribed meds? Even here in Ireland with the tragedies down in Cork last year?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭jb88

Dont say it hasnt happened it has, and you would be amazed by whom, it would send shock waves around this group, but its well known in my part of the country.

It seems our old pal EX TD Finian Mc Grath was sounding off in the Daily S[cu]N on about how we are on the brink of massacring high schools in Ireland with legally held firearms!!!🙄🙄. Remember this is the utter CLOWN who used a Northern Ireland road sign that was shot up with birdshot to claim this was common in his Dublin constituency!!! 🤣

He was also the opposition to William Egan the NARGC Solr in RTE's Primetime bait&switch interview in 2015 on gun ownership in Ireland when the Garda Rep whom Egan was supposed to debate was pulled and Mc Grath was let loose. Something a good MEDIA /PR REP wouldn't have let happen...

Just waiting now on the NZ firearms expert Sen Grace O Sullivan to chime in on Irish legislation, because she is well up on it for being a crew member on shore leave when the green Peas ship was sunk by the French.[Should make her an Underwater Demolitions Team Expert as well] Going by how the Irish MSM choose their people of expertise for their story hook.🙄

In fairness,once you do get past the typical Red top hyperbole and pearl clutching and Mc Grath drivel, It's not too bad an article on facts and balance.I've seen worse from them.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/9090230/ireland-trigger-warning-guns-shock-school-shooting-warning/

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭garrettod

Ah Grizz,

I can't believe you've linked to that rag of a so-called newspaper. 😒

Thanks,

G.

In my defence.

I was sent that link, by another member here who shall remain nameless. Sometimes you just have to get the waders on and dig thru the shtpile,so others are spared the same fate.🤣

Advertisement