Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney Supports Abortion??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

At 15 weeks, isn't Floridas law more "progressive" then our own at 12 weeks?

Apologies if wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

I’m struggling to find where you managed to pull from my OP that I was upset by Disneys decision. Perhaps you are just faux outraged at the thought that someone doesn’t align with your way of thinking? If women want to kill their babies, there’s not much anyone can do if they are determined to do it.

I’d actually be along the lines of what Mrs O Brumble says. Circumstances and limits are important and should be considered properly. If some had their way, they’d allow for termination right up until the umbilical cord is cut. However, this thread is not about whether one agrees or disagrees with abortion. Of course, that didn’t stop people from turning it into the same argument I’m sure had been had here many, many times. This thread was about a corporation which is older than all of us and which has from the start been catering to an audience of children all that time…advocating abortion services and not even having the courage to call it that. I find it very bizarre, but I shouldn’t be at all surprised considering how they treat their employees in general. Cheaper to kill an unborn child than have to pay any sort of benefits to a new mother. Go Disney.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

The only one who seems outraged here is you I fear.

They are supporting their employees who seek family planning support, which just happens to include abortions. There is no indication here that suggests that they do not provide maternity support, unless you can have something to back this up.

Or are you saying you are ok with corporations supporting family planning services, just not this one because they are a big name amongst children entertainment franchisees?

As usual all common sense leaves the building when it comes to this topic. Your choice of language, aka “If women want to kill their babies” indicates an astonishing lack of objectivity.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Is this new Disney abortion film going to be an Avengers film, or a traditional animated musical number?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭dalyboy

Apparently the next avengers movie will be a hybrid of action / reproductive education / broke-back mountain and a black mirror episode theme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

Corporations aren't a being they are an entity. It's absurd that people allow themselves to be influenced by an entity.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,094 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

We already have a thread on Roe v Wade

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement