Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney Supports Abortion??

Options
  • 24-06-2022 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭

I came across

this RTE article just now =>

I find it so bizarre that a company which has been built around children for generations is actively supporting abortion. I mean...WTF! It's a Turkeys voting for Christmas situation.

This is not a for, or against abortion thread. But how on earth can a company like Disney seriously be taking this position when you consider its audience? They don't even call it abortion, preferring to use "family planning" or "reproductive care" for obvious reasons.

The full article:

The Walt Disney Company has said it will cover travel benefits for employees seeking family planning or reproductive care following the US Supreme Court's ruling overturning the Roe v. Wade law that protected a woman's right to abortion.

The company told employees that it recognizes the impact of the abortion ruling, but it remains committed to providing comprehensive access to quality healthcare – including family planning and reproductive care, according to a Disney spokesman.

The company's benefits will cover the cost of those employees who need to travel to another location to access care.

Disney employs about 80,000 people at Walt Disney World resort in Florida, where Governor Ron DeSantis signed a bill prohibiting abortions after 15 weeks of gestation.

Stay Free

Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement