Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Does RTE Player work in America?

• 17-06-2022 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

My parents going to America on holidays and the mother is a big Fair City fan!

She was wondering if ‘RTE Player’ can be accessed in the States?……

Thanks for any replies,

W.P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭topnotch

Probably would need a VPN 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭ax530

I believe it does as big events like Toy show mention people watching all over world.

Some programs may not be available but sure they can play Fair City

• Registered Users Posts: 81,110 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I don't belive Fair City will work, there's a very limited selection of what will, generally only current affairs, news and chat shows due to rights issues.

Late Late Show, Tommy Tiernan, Prime Time and News will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭AllForIt

It doesn't work in Ireland no mind America

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭NSAman

From my experience, even with VPN (NORD) it doesnt work as it says you are using a vpn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

It works in Australia but it doesnt show all programs eg comedys dramas, not made by rte , I use muchotv free TV 1 hour a day has all UK and Irish channels muchotv.com live TV only, there's some Irish channels shown on usa cable TV. Just make an account, email and password, eg Usernooo44. Use chrome or brave browser so I think player will work in the USA

Advertisement