Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fodder Support Scheme 2022

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

Payment are planned for late November to December

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

It's supposed to be paid in November. There was a letter out the start of September with payment dates for all schemes. Check Agfood to see if you were a cepted

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 11,130 ✭✭✭✭Base price

We received a letter in August from DAFM confirming our application and reminding us to the T&C's.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭massey 265

A number of farmers have been contacted re inspection for fodder scheme tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭ABitofsense

I'm one of the 3% selected. One of the following to be submitted within 14 days:

Receipts from contractor with outline of dates & area mowed, baled etc.

Receipts of purchase of twine, wrap etc.

Reciept of sale of silage & to whom.

Just required to either post or email it in.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Ya I know of 2 done locally also. Counted bales in yard, looked at fields where cut and wanted dates.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭k mac

Same as that got a call the other night at 9pm to say someone was coming the following day, as i was at work he said he did not even need me there. Neighbour seen 2 of them walking the fields, i wouldn't mind i only had 4 hectares put in so 400 euro the 2 boys would nearly cost as much !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

What would they be looking for in fields now? If cattle are grazing after grass.

one of my meadows has thrown up some rushes,5l that are 1.5feet high at spots. you’d know by the tracks that big tractors were there alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,130 ✭✭✭✭Base price

As I've previously posted - we should have taken photos on the phone of the fields (from the same perspective) that were mowed and baled for hay/silage or both. Take photos of the bales in the fields (hay or wrapped) and you have a time and date record.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

I actually took your advise on that. Another thing I did is text the contractor the fields so he would have dates if needed.

but I wonder what could be seen in mid October in a single cut field, cut in July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭mayota

Anyone have the email address for sending the receipts to, I mislaid the letter and it's not showing up on correspondence on Agfood ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭mayota

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭alps

Read that as ffs@agriculture.gov.ie 😁

That must be the complaints desk...

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭RD10

Got a call today, fella coming out tomorrow.

My ag advisor put in for 10 hectares but my calculations show it to be 9.53 or something.

Will I be penalised?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭epfff

Not if you cut the 9.53 twice.😉😉

I think I remember you taking a light second cut off some of it.

Technically when the mower was going over headland when field was split it was cutting it a second time😜

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭grange mac

Nope... You took a third cut and the bales count was less as cut was lighter... Do not tell them you only cut 9.5 as you could lose the lot... Dept penalties are always excessive.... I've learned hard way 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭DBK1

I don’t see how they have any way now of knowing exactly what fields you cut and how many bales came from each field.

Make sure you don’t forget to include the paddock or 2 that you normally graze but they were gone too strong so you cut them for bales. I bet that will bring you over the 10ha!!

I also don’t see the point in them calling out to count bales. What does that tell them? I’ve baled everything from 1.5 bales per acre to 17 bales per acre this year. How is anyone going to be able to tell you how many bales you should have had?

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Silverdream

That will not work as you had to show how much in each cut. If the 10 hectares was supposed to be in the first cut then you'd better show him 10 hectares.

They cannot prove what has been cut or when. Even if they have satellite images they cannot use them. Just show him the bales in the yard, if he isn't happy then ask him does he think the bales just fell from the sky. Take no nonsense from him, he's only a pencil pusher with no way of validating anything other than what you tell him. Then show him the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭Grueller

I have had as many dealings as most with the dept. I have been inspected under cross compliance, bdgp (twice), full cattle inspection, glas (twice) and young farmers scheme all in the last 5 years. I have never had any inspector who wasn't reasonable, once you showed them enough to get you over the line at all. The inspector has a job to do and my bet is once they see the bales and a glance at a field, there will be no bother.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

They must like the tae and scones in your house 😀

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,734 ✭✭✭893bet

has he called yet?

there was definitely another 1.5 acre you took that was too strong for bales. Only 4 bales per acre

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭Grueller

I am 45 mins from rvo. Inspect at 2.45, gone by 3.15 straight home and done before 4. No one in the office is any the wiser but they were working until 5 is my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭daviddenis

Got called for inspection.

What are Dept looking for?

Are people getting penalized?

Any other issues arise?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Read some of the comments above. It seems straightforward enough

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Diarmuid B

Is there a number or email you can contact to amend your acres you put in before you get paid? Didn’t manage to get a full second cut done and paranoid now I’ll get called for an inspection.

As far as I know you only had to indicate the plot not the individual fields/paddocks originally. If you have 150ish bales in the yard it's unlikely to investigate much further. A first cut could be as late August or as early as May 1st. If the plot you put in measures over 10HA as you can show him 10HA that was cuttable this year you should be ok.

If it has rushers or docks and netted and looks like it was uncut and you have only 50 bales of hay in the shed then you could be in trouble.

Slava Ukrainii

Took a look at the bales in yard, got an average no. Of bales there. only had quick glance at one or two fields and told me he had to log it into computer and see what computer came up with.

Be getting something in post next week he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,734 ✭✭✭893bet

How many bales were in the yard?

I'd say approx 180 Silage bales, hay bales in shed aswell.

• Advertisement

I say you will be ok

A bit like monopoly pass GO collect 200(in this case 1000) euro

Slava Ukrainii

Advertisement