Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fodder Support Scheme 2022

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Easten

56 million divided up between 130,000 farms means that we'd be lucky to see half of the €1000.

idk will it encourage more fodder to be made but as said it is money for jam. Problem is if too much silage is made then unless we get a long winter there will be a lot of it moulding away in the yard next spring. There must be at least a 10k drop in Suckler cow numbers this year and they eat a fair wedge of feed. And the right kick in the stones will be the shortage of Beef cattle next year across Europe as they are on the Cull to a much larger extent due to the high feed prices on top of the high fertilizer prices. They must be somewhat jealous of the amount of free grass that grows here

• Registered Users Posts: 11,060 ✭✭✭✭Base price

In fairness I don't see any catches with this scheme the same as I didn't see it with the first BEAM scheme. Having said that there is no such thing as a free lunch 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭DBK1

Often feed 2 year old silage here and never any waste. Fed a small amount of 3 year old bales here last winter and no waste either.

If your silage is gone mouldy by the second winter your grass was wrong going into the bale. The main reason for that would be too high a DM. DM needs to be about mid 30’s, any more than that is too high if carrying silage for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,913 ✭✭✭emaherx

Doesn't all need to be saved as silage, hay is acceptable for the scheme and a good option for storing surplus fodder long term. (weather permitting to make it of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,013 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

There is only one hoop and 2-3 catches. The only hoop is you have to apply for it. The catches are you must have enough land to justify you claiming 10 HA, if(and I imagine less than 1% will be) inspected you need enough silage in the yard to look like you cut 10 HA. Another catch is that more may apt than there is funding for so payment rate may be reduced.

Every scheme ever introduced has pages of legal paper work. They have to have. But this is the most straight forward scheme and it's retrospective as well🤔

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

The only "catch" to add to that is the penalty for overclaiming.

If you claim 10ha, but they say you only cut 8, then you'll actually only get paid for 4ha due to the double-the-difference rule.

So lads need to be very precise with claimed areas, as nobody measures more accurately than Department of Ag! 😉

Also, I'd expect they exclude headlands from areas too?

Post edited by Neddyusa on

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,566 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

I applied this morning. Seems straightforward - just enter the amount of the silage/hay you have for first cut and second cut.

All depends on how many apply now and how much each applies for.

Whatever way you look at it, it's very unlikely everyone will get €1,000 but you wouldn't think that going by the media coverage and DAFM press releases.

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

It will balance off. A lot of suckler farmers around here wouldn’t have 10ha of silage ground even with 2 cuts. So I imagine in proportion it will work out close enough.

there was an agricultural census around last year and if I recall right we put in how much land was grassland and silage… they probably have an idea from the figures on that what we have anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Good loser

A neighbour sells me 5 acres silage cut twice. I fertilise. He has 6 cattle. Can he apply and qualify?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Only if the LIPS for the 2 HA is on his BPS 2022 application. An inspection will will look for evidence and contractor receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭High bike

Didn't see anything about contractor receipts in it

Offhand, I think they called documentary evidence. I'll look it up again.

If the lads is in his BPS yes he can. He needs to hold onto his contractor reciepts and maybe show where it goes in the way of a sales invoice

Slava Ukrainii

Yeh - it's in

Section 5. Administrative compliance and checks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭dzer2

What happens if you don't use a contractor

• Registered Users Posts: 8,686 ✭✭✭893bet

Show them the baler. And the receipt for plastic/netting/twine! And diesel!

Take photos on your phone of the land before been mowed, after and baled preferably from the same spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭hopeso

I wonder if that’s necessary? I’d say they can tell how many bales were in any field in Ireland from satellite imagery.

• Advertisement

True but that is presuming that one of the two Sentinel satellites captures the area you live in and that the weather is clear enough. For the sake of a couple of minutes I'd take photo's.

Great idea. Put on location and date details on the phone and this will certify the pictures

Technically at present they cannot use satellite imagery to check for non adherence so it cannot be used for adherence either.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Young95

What are lads opinions of a field that is say 8 acres in size and half of it went to strong for grazing so was baled up . Would lads chance putting in the whole parcel or just say that half the field was done and let the eye in the sky pick it up ?🫣🫣🫣🤐

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

Claim for 4acres.

A double the difference penalty in this instance would see you owing the department for 4acres worth rather than you getting any payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭dzer2

Why would you act the bollix it's money for jam

"@BassReeves - Technically at present they cannot use satellite imagery to check for non adherence so it cannot be used for adherence either."

Interesting - Where did you see that?

They are including it in the next round of CAP and indicated they could not use imagery as evidence in the last CAP

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 10,640 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

" Farmers without Category 1 land who wish to apply for the Fodder Support Scheme can do so either themselves or through their advisor up to 2 August 2022 by logging on to the Exceptional Aid System on agfood.ie. !

Closing date is 2 august 2022.

'The Bishops blessed the Blueshirts in Galway, As they sailed beneath the Swastika to Spain'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Can a dairy farmer with all disadvantaged land apply

• Advertisement

Slava Ukrainii

Advertisement