Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting Insurance ?

Options
  • 14-06-2022 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

Lads, quick question re insurance.

Good news is AFAIK CSI (country Sport Ireland) is back providing insurance cover in ROI.

Several lads have asked me who their insurance provider is and who underwrites their insurance policy as no one seems to know.

Can anyone shed light on same please?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Not being a smart arse, but would it not be better to lash off an e-mail to them asking? You'll get a straight answer, and more importantly, the right answer instead of best guess and SWAGs.

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JP22

Thanks Cass.

I have own insurance from another company and have no issues with CSI.

I’m asking on behalf of others who have approached me on the subject.

They have already asked the question several times and have not received a reply to date, this includes several members who have asked the question face-to-face/on the phone but never received an answer.

Just to be clear, I'm not being a smart arse, truly. I've no affiliation, loyalty or any sort of ties to CSI. The written word lacks/has no "tone" so context can be lost and I just wanted to make clear my position.

My only reason for posting the above was for you to get the proper answer. However if you've done this with no reply then I'll shut up and see if someone actually knows.

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Thanks Cass, delay in responding as PC decided it needed update, technology sucks at times....

The problem is, phone calls have been made, questions have been asked yet no answers received, I have gone through CSI web-site several times, previously (last few yrs) the site stated who provided the insurance package and who the insurance under-writer’(s) was.

In this instance I and others cannot find who is providing the insurance and who the under-writers are.

To best of my knowledge (correct me if I’m wrong) if you take out insurance (Car/House/Health etc...) you MUST be provided with all relevant information including who is providing the insurance package and who the insurance under-writers are.

When any company/institution/provider (call them what you will) will NOT answer a simple question, one has (must ask), what’s the hell is going on here????

It’s a simple issue but no one will give an answer to same,…………………. ????

I understand the need to know. You want to make sure, above all else, that you actually have valid cover.

Have you received the insurance card? Its usually accompanied by a letter with such details on it. I always get one when I get my insurance renewal (shooting insurance that is, but it also applies to car, home, etc).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭J.R.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭garrettod

Hi,

A couple of the lads here put me on to the IFA Countryside cover, last year (it's underwritten by FBD).

I found there service during registration excellent, members get decent discounts on phone, broadband etc, and they send out a very informative regular newsletter.

Granted, you don't really know how good or bad an insurer is, until you need to make a claim (which thankfully, I haven't needed to do), but in every other respect that I can think of, I would recommend them in a heartbeat.

It's fifty quid very well spent, imho.

Thanks,

G.

Thanks JR.

Im aware of that and its been on the site a few years now and may refer to their old insurance provider (underwritten by AIG Group International) I believe.

Everyone says they have a NEW insurance provider and are asking who the provider is and the underwriter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Loughfield

I’m a member of both NARGC and IFA Countryside, I like the newsletter IFA Countryside send out also. A mate of mine had Country Sports Ireland insurance, they told him two weeks ago they didn’t know who is underwriting there new insurance!!

Puzzling, if you have a new insurance provider in place surely you would know who the underwriters are.

• Advertisement
Advertisement